Pyro said it was more that I specifically tacked it on at the end, which made it look like I was mimicking people. Which makes some sense to me, but it’s risky to leave out when discussing You-Know-Who in such worried detail.

7 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Anyways I’ll vote… Kynedath, how do you plea?

Not guilty your honor.

Welcome Elandera, happy to have you in this large game with an inordinate amount of posts!

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the war for most posts. It encourages players to do shallow, quick posts with very little thought in them, stuffing the thread full of information that players have to spend a lot of time sifting through. It makes it intimidating and not very interesting to read from my perspective.

4 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I think people are saying the Kandra would want to focus on elims, so it makes people seem like the Kandra. Remember, Joe designed this game, so there could be any amount of shenanigans ahead.

I'm pretty sure Striker built this himself, but he seems like a fairly trollish GM. So yes, expect secrets and shenanigans. 

Also, I won't be as helpful this cycle as I'd hoped. My laptop died and I can't access the site on my work computer. Reading through 13 pages of posts is just too much for mobile. 

From what I have seen though, it's a lot of relatively benign posts as people try to get a lot of content down. I'm not a fan and won't be competing, but I'm not going to stop anyone who tries. If it's fun for you, go for it. 

9 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

How are you guys getting reads out of people when everyone is just yelling "Do not worry about the kandra!"? 

The only thing I can think of is @Ashbringer and his kandra analysis. They started with a solid kandra-could-impersonate statement, but then recanted it saying they didn't want else to worry, and then they recanted their recantation. I would say it's suspicious but I understand a new player's eagerness. 

Araris and @Magestar are likely to be on opposite teams seeing as they are the most experienced players. They could both be eliminators but I don't see them both being villagers. I know it's not an analysis based on "read", but it's the best I can come up with right now. In the spirit of maintaining the tie, Magestar.

Hey nice.  That's some pretty decent analysis, although I'm not sure how I feel about trying to guess the GM's distribution methods.  Seems kinda meta.  The bigger problem with your analysis, however, is that even before I took about a year or so of hiatus, I was never a terribly good player.  :P  Anyone who played with me for any length of time knows that.  Unfortunately, how long ago my first game was doesn't relate to my skill level.

As far as getting reads from the whole Kandra thing... Don't you think that the Elims would rather us focus on the Kandra then on them?  Just something to think about.  :P 

7 hours ago, Kynedath said:

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the war for most posts. It encourages players to do shallow, quick posts with very little thought in them, stuffing the thread full of information that players have to spend a lot of time sifting through. It makes it intimidating and not very interesting to read from my perspective.

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish the "most posts" only counted the 200+ word analysis and RP posts.

Yeah... I see the whole "most posts" thing as a good way to try and give an edge to people who can't necessarily churn out lots of 200+ word analysis.  And I get that.  I kind of agree with you, in that changing it would definitely promote bigger discussion, but it's also possible it would make it even harder to get reads on people as they fill out their posts with unimportant filler.  At least the one line posts are more readable.

This didn't have to get out of hand like this either.  It's only three coins; doing three RP bits already matches that.  Just let Pyro take it lol.  Their play style is such that they'd probably get most posts without an incentive.

Edited by Magestar
Additional quote, wording.

7 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Not guilty your honor.

Welcome Elandera, happy to have you in this large game with an inordinate amount of posts!

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish the "most posts" only counted the 200+ word analysis and RP posts.

Yes, I agree with this. Maybe striker can change it for future turns? I don't know if that would work. 

2 hours ago, Magestar said:

The bigger problem with your analysis, however, is that even before I took about a year or so of hiatus, I was never a terribly good player.  :P  Anyone who played with me for any length of time knows that. 

Weren’t you the one who won as an Elim as your own team against 19 villagers?

Just now, Emi said:

Wow! Really?

MR20, I think. It was a Joe game, so of course there was 1 Elim and 19 villagers. (Of course, the Elim, Magestar, was completely overpowered but it still is kind of cool)

2 minutes ago, Emi said:

That's... Kind of incredible

Like I said, it was a Joe game. So naturally Magestar had 9 actions per turn. It wasn't balanced at all, really.

Hmm. It seems like we continue to get off topic. Of course, I can't really think of something to say, and I'm working on some RP so I guess I am equally guilty.

EDIT: If someone wants to RP, please let me know!

Edited by Experience

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Hmm. It seems like we continue to get off topic. Of course, I can't really think of something to say, and I'm working on some RP so I guess I am equally guilty.

Yeah. I was actually really surprised when the posts from last night that I missed when asleep were on-topic. I think that is not a good thing.

56 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Weren’t you the one who won as an Elim as your own team against 19 villagers?

...I'm unsure whether to brag about this accomplishment, because it was awesome, or downplay it to defend myself.

Eh.  Guess I'll do a bit of both.

I mean, yes, I did do that.  And it was totally awesome. :P But like you said, I had a whole ton of actions.  I think it was agreed that it would have been more balanced if I had less in the aftermath of that game, although personally I like to think I could have won anyway.  The real problems in that game were inactivity and a refusal to lynch me, if I recall correctly.

My real accomplishment that game was filling the Elim doc.  :P  I think I had around 20 or so pages of just rambling.

But the things I did as an overpowered Mistborn in a rather unbalanced MR don't really change what I said earlier.  :P  I'm also hugely against lynching people for their supposed skill at SE.  It's unfair to people who've developed a reputation, and it's kind of dismissive to people who're just as good and tend to fly under the radar.  Additionally, it's kind of messy as far as analysis goes, and the accuracy of such methods has, in my experience, been rather iffy.   

To be honest, though, I never thought I'd be the guy someone goes after for their "experience."  That's a new one for me.

Edited by Magestar

11 minutes ago, Experience said:

EDIT: If someone wants to RP, please let me know!

RP sure, bring it on!

5 minutes ago, Lahilt said:

RP sure, bring it on!

Yeah, I'll do that too. In case no one read mine (wouldn't be surprised lol) Lord Cauthon is currently leaning against the wall, watching everyone else eat to avoid the fuss and trying to be low-key in the room.

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

Yeah, I'll do that too. In case no one read mine (wouldn't be surprised lol) Lord Cauthon is currently leaning against the wall, watching everyone else eat to avoid the fuss and trying to be low-key in the room.

6 minutes ago, Lahilt said:

RP sure, bring it on!

Just so you guys know, my character is afraid of approaching people so your character(s) will have to come up to him. 

~~

It hadn't yet been a whole day since the first death had occurred, and accusations were flying around the building. Shard continued to sit against a wall, to scared to join the conversation. It didn't seem like it mattered anyway. All the important talk was happening among the adults, and Shard had no intention of making himself stand out. 

There was at least one other child like him, but Shard didn't even have the courage to go and start to talk with them. So he waited.

While he waited, he went and got some food. He waited until there wasn't anyone else getting any, then rushed over and grabbed a plate. He then hurried to a table in a corner where nobody else was, and started to pick at his food while secretly hoping that someone would come over and talk to him. It didn't happen, of course. Who would want to take the time to go and talk with a teenager when there were smart adults filling the room. 

Just as Shard was finishing his food, he caught sight of someone walking towards his table. That someone came and sat down across the table right in front of him and started to talk...

~~

@Matrim's_Dice @Lahilt

Just now, Experience said:

Just so you guys know, my character is afraid of approaching people so your character(s) will have to come up to him. 

Well my character is avoiding everyone on purpose, so.... Lahilt! Bring this whole thing together!

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

Well my character is avoiding everyone on purpose, so.... Lahilt! Bring this whole thing together!

That's fine. We can just have lahilt's character approach Shard(my character, not reading^_^)

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

And I used to by Shard of Experience, which would have made it even more confusing. ^_^

One of us needs to come up with a better name. Read: you need to change your character's name to experience

Edited by Shard of Reading