If people want to have sex before they're freakin' twenty one that's their choice, and just not allowing anyone to have romantic relationships because some people do it earlier then most is ridiculous to me. Whether it's morally pure or whatever is irrelevant, it's their choice to make. If anything it just encourages secrecy and lying to your parents, because seriously who is going to wait that long to have any romantic relationships?

Edited by Empress Stick

1 hour ago, Empress Stick said:

If people want to have sex before they're freakin' twenty one that's their choice, and just not allowing anyone to have romantic relationships because some people do it earlier then most is ridiculous to me. Whether it's morally pure or whatever is irrelevant, it's their choice to make. If anything it just encourages secrecy and lying to your parents, because seriously who is going to wait that long to have any romantic relationships?

I am. My siblings are. We're not forcing anyone(unless your parents do), it's a recommended guideline for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

1 hour ago, EmiTheNinja said:

Why 21 though? It sounds like a randomly chosen number 

Well I mentioned my friend who has to wait until she's 21, so I guess we started talking about that age idk. I think her parents want her to wait until she's done some college

For members of the Church, it's 16. 

@Doomstick, and anyone else who is confused, let me try and shed some light on some of the reasons why Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints are advised to wait until age 16 until they date.

The problem of not getting to know as many people. If you are dating when you are, say... 12, then you are more likely to be spending time with whomever you are dating and less time getting to know new people. 

I do want to say that I know people mature at different ages, but it has been statistically (scientifically?) proven that kids that wait until age 16 have MUCH lower probability of committing any immoral or sexual acts. Also, the likelihood of a relationship between kids younger than 16 of not ending in sadness and other not-fun emotions. We are also advised to not date someone 'steadily' until we are old enough to marry. By dating lots of different people, you can better learn what characteristics or traits you want in a future spouse.

Of course, you are ultimately the one who chooses when you start to date, and when you start going 'steady', and you should make the decision that is best for you.

Hopefully this helps a little?

And another thing we talked about in Young Women's. Once you kiss for the first time, you're naturally going to want to do it more. Getting comfortable with kissing could lead you to want to do more. And once you go further, it's hard to go back go just holding hands. You're going to end up wanting to commit immoral acts which will just hurt you and others. If you wait until you're older to start dating/kissing, you can avoid this problem altogether. 

3 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

And another thing we talked about in Young Women's. Once you kiss for the first time, you're naturally going to want to do it more. Getting comfortable with kissing could lead you to want to do more. And once you go further, it's hard to go back go just holding hands. You're going to end up wanting to commit immoral acts which will just hurt you and others. If you wait until you're older to start dating/kissing, you can avoid this problem altogether. 

I agree

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 4:43 PM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints

*climbs*

On 11/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, Ookla the Scandalous said:

Once you kiss for the first time, you're naturally going to want to do it more. Getting comfortable with kissing could lead you to want to do more. And once you go further, it's hard to go back go just holding hands.

Me as an ace: *presses x to doubt*

• 3 weeks later...

*breathing deeply* 

6 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

I think they were talking about those who feel sexual attraction.

do you need me to call 911? or if you're tired I can take over CPR.

yes *gasp* yes please. CPR is exhausting.

Just now, Hentient said:

*breathing deeply* 

yes *gasp* yes please. CPR is exhausting.

Alright, I'll do so. I'm actually trained in CPR. It looks like they have no normal breathing or pulse, so could you go and call 911 for me and locate an AED? The sooner the better.

*proceeds to perform chest compressions*