Memes of any kind

On 4/2/2023 at 1:21 AM, Robin Sedai said:

tw: swearing. (Credit not mine)

Reveal hidden contents

20221024_122950.thumb.jpg.888a62073f55ca30d09af12f21ef562c.jpg

Imagine not being able to do the Vulcan peace sign without supergluing your fingers together.

Edited by Sequence

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

Why do people hate Shallan so much?

9 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Because we females relate to her, and most males see her as an example of everything bad about women.

She's not as bad as Elayne from WoT, I'll give her that.

ok, no. That is not in any way why I hate her. I have a whole list in an SU, I'll find it and edit it in here

EDIT: Found it. ok. real quick disclaimer: so, all of this is personal opinion, this is how it seems to me. i don't want to debate on this please, but I don't like her and here is why

Spoiler
  • all her relations are no give, all take. Even her and Adolin is based on him giving her emotional support
  • she's super naive
  • her quips aren't funny
  • she's predictable
  • her arc isn't as cool as the other POV characters
  • one cannot choose to have DID (dissociative identity disorder), but she did
  • until RoW (i think, it might have been OB) she constantly flip-flops between Kaladin and Adolin
  • her perspectives take time away from people doing stuff that I care about
  • I basically only read her chapters for Hoid and Pattern and Adolin
  • She doesn't do anything as far as I'm concerned (WoK: Kaldain and Dalinar have multiple fights, taking on dozens on enemies at once, running a bridge towards a flock of incoming arrows while Shallan eats jam.  WoR: Kaladin 2 vs 4's shardbearers, and 1 vs 1's Szeth, Dalinar is on the verge of discovering the game that Odium is playing behind the scenes. Meanwhile Shallan sneaks around at night giving people money.        OB: Dalinar didn't actually do much until the end, but that climax is the best written in fantasy that I've ever seen. Kaladin fights off Yelig-nar, a being with all ten surges bonded to a man we've hated since book one. Shallan spends all book in a downward spiral, accomplishing nothing.                                                                RoW: Kaladin singlehandedly is saving Urithiru, Dalinar is mostly absent, and Shallan is sitting in a box looking at people's faces.)
  • Shallan in WoK is just Jasnah's plot from an outside view so we avoid spoilers
  • There were better people for a female POV (ie, Jasnah, Navani, etc)
  • Her first arc is based on theft, which i can't root for
  • She doesn't show respect

Edited by Being of Cacophony

5 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

ok, no. That is not in any way why I hate her. I have a whole list in an SU, I'll find it and edit it in here

EDIT: Found it. ok. real quick disclaimer: so, all of this is personal opinion, this is how it seems to me. i don't want to debate on this please, but I don't like her and here is why

Reveal hidden contents
  • all her relations are no give, all take. Even her and Adolin is based on him giving her emotional support
  • she's super naive
  • her quips aren't funny
  • she's predictable
  • her arc isn't as cool as the other POV characters
  • one cannot choose to have DID (dissociative identity disorder), but she did
  • until RoW (i think, it might have been OB) she constantly flip-flops between Kaladin and Adolin
  • her perspectives take time away from people doing stuff that I care about
  • I basically only read her chapters for Hoid and Pattern and Adolin
  • She doesn't do anything as far as I'm concerned (WoK: Kaldain and Dalinar have multiple fights, taking on dozens on enemies at once, running a bridge towards a flock of incoming arrows while Shallan eats jam.  WoR: Kaladin 2 vs 4's shardbearers, and 1 vs 1's Szeth, Dalinar is on the verge of discovering the game that Odium is playing behind the scenes. Meanwhile Shallan sneaks around at night giving people money.        OB: Dalinar didn't actually do much until the end, but that climax is the best written in fantasy that I've ever seen. Kaladin fights off Yelig-nar, a being with all ten surges bonded to a man we've hated since book one. Shallan spends all book in a downward spiral, accomplishing nothing.                                                                RoW: Kaladin singlehandedly is saving Urithiru, Dalinar is mostly absent, and Shallan is sitting in a box looking at people's faces.)
  • Shallan in WoK is just Jasnah's plot from an outside view so we avoid spoilers
  • There were better people for a female POV (ie, Jasnah, Navani, etc)
  • Her first arc is based on theft, which i can't root for
  • She doesn't show respect

Lol. That list is pretty good. Don't agree with all of them, but that's fine, but it's still pretty relatable. Shallan is a good character, mostly, she's just so unlikeable.

55 minutes ago, Lord Gregorio said:

Lol. That list is pretty good. Don't agree with all of them, but that's fine, but it's still pretty relatable. Shallan is a good character, mostly, she's just so unlikeable.

most people won't agree with all of them, but those are my reasons. Good character? maybe... very, very weak maybe. good person? no. and there's a closed thread on here that expressed some more reasons that I don't quite agree with too.