The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Bing bing bing! Right answer they are all good—no amazing!

I think it's really good that the way that they teach, though, is varied so that different talks can hit better with different people. 

I really liked one of the earlier talks, about face-blindness, thought it was really important that people see their Heavenly Father as the ultimate epitome of divine love, and not the ultimate epitome of rules. Those rules do not chain us, they chain the darkness back.

I just love how every conference President Oaks gets up at goes BAM truth The End. He so plainly speaks doctrine that it can’t be misunderstood, and doesn’t shy away from the details that otherwise might be glossed over. I appreciate that :) 

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I just love how every conference President Oaks gets up at goes BAM truth The End. He so plainly speaks doctrine that it can’t be misunderstood, and doesn’t shy away from the details that otherwise might be glossed over. I appreciate that :) 

I really love the way he teaches. It's the pure truth without anything else. His way of teaching is similar to a teacher I had at FSY. What I would give to have that guy from FSY to be my seminary teacher.

2 hours ago, Rallohir said:

I really liked one of the earlier talks, about face-blindness, thought it was really important that people see their Heavenly Father as the ultimate epitome of divine love, and not the ultimate epitome of rules. Those rules do not chain us, they chain the darkness back.

wait, which one was this? if it was during the morning session, I was at work so i haven't gotten to watch it yet