The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

I recently found that there are two other brandon sanderson fans in the stake that I live in that I didn't know about. This was through youth conference, which was a amazing experience and we had fun speaking gibberish near other people, talking about sanderson, or should I say gibletish.

On 6/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

I recently found that there are two other brandon sanderson fans in the stake that I live in that I didn't know about. This was through youth conference, which was a amazing experience and we had fun speaking gibberish near other people, talking about sanderson, or should I say gibletish.

Heyyyy, that happened to me too! It's Quarterfeather's fault that I know about and talked to (and danced with iirc) both of them. It was at the FSY kickoff in our area. (Neither of them were on the Shard, but one showed interest in obtaining access to Aether of Night.)

(A girl can dream...)

That's so awesome!! I'm so happy for you :D:D!!

Those experiences are so beautiful; there's really nothing like them. Last summer I did EFY habits for lifes and it was very similar. I kept up the spirituality as much as I could and the months after were some of the best of my life. So keep it up, and enjoy life to the fullest, because life is beautiful and you can do anything with the Lord's aid! ^_^

ideally, I get to go twice. this year, and in 2 years.

have fun, Matrim, it's way fun :D.

13 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

That's so awesome!! I'm so happy for you :D:D!!

Those experiences are so beautiful; there's really nothing like them. Last summer I did EFY habits for lifes and it was very similar. I kept up the spirituality as much as I could and the months after were some of the best of my life. So keep it up, and enjoy life to the fullest, because life is beautiful and you can do anything with the Lord's aid! ^_^

Oh, so true. Said beautifully, Silhouette. Thank you.

I've been to EFY twice, but haven't been able to go to FSY. I technically could this year, since COVID made it so I couldn't when I would've so they'd let me go as an 18 year old, but...I'm alright, I think. I'm busy enough this summer as it is, and my brother (who's an FSY counselor right now) said it's pretty much exactly the same as EFY.

9 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

guys

guys

never have I felt the spirit more strongly than I did last week at FSY.

holy crap.

so. spiritual.

like.

bruhhh.

I get to go to the Logan one in late July and I'm so excited! It's going to be amazing

I only ever went to "EFY Express", essentially a one-day condensed version. It was pretty great. It was also the first time I danced with a girl, so there's that.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:10 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Also, hi! On a lighter note, I'm also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Hello everyone; glad to be here! :D

5 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Hey, I'm new here but I am indeed a member! Hello!

Hello! Happy to have you both. ^_^ 

Yeah, it's exactly like EFY was - minor changes, but none bigger than differences between different sessions of EFY. I'm a counselor, and so far, it's been awesome. Had one Sanderfan this last week in my group, and got to explain that while I was definitely an Elsecaller, Skybreaker was in my top 3, so I was going to enforce any rules to the letter. :lol:

13 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Yeah, it's exactly like EFY was - minor changes, but none bigger than differences between different sessions of EFY. I'm a counselor, and so far, it's been awesome. Had one Sanderfan this last week in my group, and got to explain that while I was definitely an Elsecaller, Skybreaker was in my top 3, so I was going to enforce any rules to the letter. :lol:

I love that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...