Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

When you say "Paladin/monk dude", do you mean Kevin? If so, he's actually the main character of Sky 3rd. He's great, one of the peak characters in the series. And then Falcom promptly forgets about him after this game. They give him a small reference in CS4, and a small reference in Kuro (THAT THEY HAD TO PATCH IN, it's insane, in Kuro there's an image of all of the Dominions we know but originally Kevin wasn't there, they had to patch him in later because they straight up forgot about him, it's baffling)

Spoiler

Yes, and Gaius for that matter. 

Hey, don't forget the very small reference he gets in Reverie, that apparently didn't warrant even a small portrait still, just a name drop.

Hope we get more of him if the plot ever moves to Arteria.

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

Is he in the same order that CS4 stuff

Hide contents

Thomas and Rosine belong to?

Yes. Kevin and Thomas are peers, they're both Dominion. Gaius is as well. Rosine isn't a Dominion, however, she is a Squire. Ries, the deuteragonist of 3rd, should have showed up along with Kevin, she is also a Squire.

Ok. I thought Thomas might be on another level. I could swear I remember him having some title other then dominion.

These games are vast.

Partitioner or something 

Thomas is known as the Partitioner, but that's just his title. All of the Dominion have a title. Kevin's is Thousand Hand Guardian, and Gaius' is Soaring Phoenix.

Thomas is technically above Kevin, however. Thomas is the second in command of Ein Selnate, the leader of the Dominion. But in terms of title, they're the same. 

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

Sorry my ambien was kicking in at that point. You mentioned someone named Ein and while not named those 2 were talking about a Her..

Yeah, that would be her. She's also been mentioned before. Notably, by Toval. Ein is also known as Carnelia, which is a book series in universe that's about her, and Toval is the main character of that book. So yeah Toval is close to Ein

1 minute ago, Briar King said:

Wait she is the Red Moon Rose gal?! I’m so lost. I thought she was gone and connected to Emma’s grandma.

No, Carnelia is the book series. Red Moon Rose is about Roselia. Toval wasn't in Red Moon Rose.

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

Nice! That has names of places I’ve definitely not heard of before.

I just went through CS1-4 looking at books and also roaming around CB. It was a mistake and triggered an urge to start Reverie so I shut it down real fast. Hopefully it passes soon.

I forgot that Carnelia and Red Moon were both in CS1. 

8 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Nice! That has names of places I’ve definitely not heard of before.

I just went through CS1-4 looking at books and also roaming around CB. It was a mistake and triggered an urge to start Reverie so I shut it down real fast. Hopefully it passes soon.

I forgot that Carnelia and Red Moon were both in CS1. 

Yeah, it has the maps of both Liberl and Calvard on them along with Crossbell and Erebonia, so everywhere you explore in Sky and Kuro are on the map.

So when will Daybreak hit the West?

Ok they say the West Zemuria Conference is later this month in dialogue. At what point in CB1 did Rean and company get to Thors? I should be somewhere in CS2 timeline now?

Edited by Briar King

37 minutes ago, Briar King said:

So when will Daybreak hit the West?

Ok they say the West Zemuria Conference is later this month in dialogue. At what point in CB1 did Rean and company get to Thors? I should be somewhere in CS2 timeline now?

Daybreak comes out in July.

CS1 starts in chapter 2 of Zero

Oh NOICE! I ll be getting an another Heroes power play in the end then. Didn’t think it’d be that soon. Will be able to roll on after Reverie. Unless that game is really small a month and a half each at current pace should put me on track.

Yeah, we're catching up. Now that the quadruple release business is done, we can probably count on a game a year around July. 

Even if Falcom dedicates next year to Tokyo Xanadu (meaning, no new Trails), that still leaves us one game behind so, it'll mean there's still material for a yearly localization. 

That’s exciting news. I’m glad I’m not a decade long fan having to wait for my fixes. I’m in just the right place.

Sooo dialogue round 1 is in progress..

Master Quartz how I missed thee. I was not good at the last system and I didn’t realize till the end that you could see what spells you would get from the ones in inventory with what you had equipped. I was able to play around a little and get some of the bigger spells just to cast once but I didn’t see the higher elements ones.

Is Reverie a big game? Can I get 100 plus hours out of it? The GB is so much smaller than say CS3&4’s.

PHEW this round is dialogue heavy with reintroductions and introducing new SSS to them.

Nielsan! Can’t wait to see what Ilya is cooking up though I’m getting a bit nervous with some of the side characters dialogue just now about something needing to move 50% faster on props. Yikes *shh

Edited by Briar King

Reverie is big plot-wise. Very big. But it balances out by taking away some freedom. 3-hour long dialogue rounds are mostly gone here (mostly). Not to say they're not there, you'll be able to move around and talk to people, but the area is limited. 

Meaning that you no longer have the whole of western Erebonia to check whenever the sun so much as moves. Most dialogue rounds cover a single town. Game is well over 100 hours long, but that's like 90% plot. After that you can theoretically continue playing forever because the game also has the most combat freedom in the series, and a level-adjustable combat ground to test it.

Reveries also contribute to the duration. They're optional and I don't think any event ever pushes you to watch them, but I recommend doing so. They provide a good chunk of the closure this game has.