Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Popping in

CS3 ch 4 day 2 stuff

I love how quickly it went right back towards my original impression when the chapter 1st started, vampires, Red Rose Moon(which I’m now rereading) and I couldn’t be happier with it!

Today I will begin assaulting dragon hold with ALL of C7. Boo yah ka sha

Alright I have decided on my three teams for the final boss of the epilogue. 

Spoiler

My primary team will be McBurn/Rufus/Nadia/Renne, my secondary team will be Rean/Lapis/Altina/Swin, and my third team will be Vita/Aurelia/Lloyd/Rose

Now I just have to grind U-Mats and Zemurian Ore to deck them out how I want

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

Some Kuro info appears to have leaked early and ryokutya gives us the bare details. Hajimari/Reverie spoiler:

Spoiler

This week's update seems like it's gonna be Ouroboros-centric.

- Walter gets formally announced and now has an age (37) and last name, something like 'Kron', pending official romanization. His VA is still Takahiro Yoshimizu.

- Lucrezia Isle is the teased but previously unseen Enforcer III, aka the Golden Butterfly and she's 29. Her VA is Kana Ueda.

- Van's Master Core Mare is voiced by Naganawa Maria and sounds like a young girl. Apparently she's not very good at the whole navigation thing despite that being her purpose.

- The figure in the concept art has been revealed as Grendel, which is the result of Mare utilizing a certain means (related to the Shard System I'm guessing) to manifest in the physical world, merging with Van to form a 'demon's mantle' or something like that. No other details have been provided yet.

Unrelated to the reveals, Falcom has shown off the WonderGOO shop bonuses and included is a tapestry of Agnes and Renne so we've now got a color shot of her in the Aramis uniform.

17 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Alright I have decided on my three teams for the final boss of the epilogue.

Good luck!

Edited by Weltall

3 hours ago, Weltall said:

Some Kuro info appears to have leaked early and ryokutya gives us the bare details. Hajimari/Reverie spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

This week's update seems like it's gonna be Ouroboros-centric.

- Walter gets formally announced and now has an age (37) and last name, something like 'Kron', pending official romanization. His VA is still Takahiro Yoshimizu.

- Lucrezia Isle is the teased but previously unseen Enforcer III, aka the Golden Butterfly and she's 29. Her VA is Kana Ueda.

- Van's Master Core Mare is voiced by Naganawa Maria and sounds like a young girl. Apparently she's not very good at the whole navigation thing despite that being her purpose.

- The figure in the concept art has been revealed as Grendel, which is the result of Mare utilizing a certain means (related to the Shard System I'm guessing) to manifest in the physical world, merging with Van to form a 'demon's mantle' or something like that. No other details have been provided yet.

Unrelated to the reveals, Falcom has shown off the WonderGOO shop bonuses and included is a tapestry of Agnes and Renne so we've now got a color shot of her in the Aramis uniform.

Kuro

Spoiler

Really nervous about the fairy. I don't think I've ever liked a fairy companion in a video game. I can already imagine how annoying or stereotypically ditzy or snarky she is going to be.

Clean shots of the new Kuro update have surfaced so we've got some more details:

Spoiler

- Lucrezia Isselee fights with something called a Dusk Glaive and there's a shot which hints that the Thousand Oathbreaker will appear in Kuro. He appears to have black hair from the little bit of him on-camera.

- Walter has some prior connection to one of Van's parents.

- Mare is definitely the third figure in the concept art.

- A new village called Creil has been introduced, located in north-west Calvard and it's the spot with the windmills that we've seen in earlier shots. Longlai is also confirmed to be somewhere we'll visit in Kuro.

EDIT: And we got a new teaser video that also dropped late and while it's short there's a lot to see.

Spoiler

- I wouldn't be surprised if some of these clips end up being used in an in-engine OP movie like Hajimari did. Several of the shots feel very much like they belong in one.

- We get a look at what's likely to be our primary antagonists for the game, including the woman with the gun seen in the teaser video. It's extremely likely these are ranking members of the Garden.

- Van vs. Shizuna and it looks like the latter is having fun. Must be that training Van got from Totally Not Barkhorn.

- Judith transforms to match the illustration card so we know for sure that's her now, though the hair and context made that pretty obvious even before. The fact that the visual effect is identical to Van's transformation into Grendel suggests that she's using the same mechanism he is. Syl, I mean Mare, refers to herself in the magazine shots with a model number suggesting there are at least three other Hollow Cores like her, so Judith may have one of them. Nothing's preventing there from being more than four either, obviously.

- We might have gotten a glimpse of Barkhorn Bergard's S-Craft at the end there, and one of the enemies from the Mirror Castle returns. Be interesting to see how returning foes function in Action Battle.

Seeing how we just got this new video, it's pretty much a given that the upcoming Dengeki livestream which promised a new video is going to be gameplay footage rather than the full trailer. Now that a certain mechanic has been revealed, my guess is that's part of what we'll be getting in eighteen hours or so.

Edited by Weltall

The livestream has come and gone and we got our new gameplay footage, though I was wrong and we didn't get a look at the mechanic I was expecting, just some more characters (main and guest) in Action and Command Battle modes. Got some new character reveals too.

Spoiler

- Roy Gramheart's formally revealed, voiced by Rikiya Koyama.

- Gilliam Thorndike is a general manager of MTSC and has a bad personality, voiced by Ken Narita. Given what we know of the company, he's giving me a Wilhelm from Xenosaga vibe.

- Nina Fenli is an idol and up and coming actress who's friends and rivals with Judith, voiced by Reina Uieda.

- A Shen Lu is Xin's elder sister, a friend of Aaron's and apparently Cao is her type. She was previously teased in the postcard that came with Hajimari and the later wallpaper. Voiced by Fairouz Ai.

- Esmelai Archet is an associate professor at Basel University who dotes on Quatre, voiced by Kaede Hondo.

- We got Action and Command footage for Judith, Bergard, Elaine, Kincaid, Fie and Shizuna. We also got some Craft animations for Zin, Walter and Lucrezia. Seeing how Judith summons a claw over her left arm for some Action attacks and at least one Craft, I can see why they waited to show off Action footage for her until after the transformation mechanic reveal.

- Fie, Zin and Walter all show off new moves, with Fie keeping Sweep (or 'Clearance' in Japanese) and borrowing but slightly tweaking Sara's Flash, Zin shows off something brand new and Walter showed off a spiffed-up version of Laser Bullet called Laser Hurricane plus a new Craft.

- The running joke of everyone knowing Bergard's identity while not acknowledging it directly continues.

Edited by Weltall

Popping in

Surprise surprise I’m still in same location as last time. I’m just enjoying myself and gaining some lvls. 

To much going on to really have a knock out session of area and both kids are here, but so is the Olympics which is going to destroy time even more.

8 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I beat Hajimari for real and for true! Did the last three Episodes and damn those were some hype.

Reveal hidden contents

I loved the Renne Episode. I mean it's me, I love Renne, so of course I did

Yeah, the final Episode is really something. You wonder how they're gonna top the earlier one that you unlock at the start of the postgame (and end of the game as it was at launch) and they answer. One of the music tracks from there is apparently meant to be a Kuro teaser too, because it's not on the soundtrack. And congrats on beating the game!

Popping in

Holy rust CS3 ch 4 day 2 stuff

this is exactly why I’ve spent so long fishing for droplets. I think I may have just gotten the biggest magic hit in all the games yet.. I have Musse at 1364 ATS and Jusis just art supported 2 her on a Lost Genesis cast on enemy with a 140 space that crit hit for 69K and change.. insane leap as I’m usually only hitting crit 32-34K at present… I had to stop and post.

yeah like I thought….the Olympics are destroying my sessions esp now with all the cool stuff, may change when the Track stuff gets here.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:50 PM, Briar King said:

Ok y’all should remember since I’ve said multiple times in thread that I’m console only. I’m very excited now about that new Steam Deck. Getting access to these games ensures I will buy a unit.

Yeah, I got a preorder in for Q2 next year. Since my steam library is extensive and switch leaves a lot to be desired (IMO), I’m excited. I think this will be the definitive way to experience the early Trails games, best of all worlds.

6 hours ago, Weltall said:

Enjoy the conclusion, it's quite a ride to the finish!

Yeah, I’m going to try and take it really slow,  because once I finish I’m gonna be waiting for new Kiseki like the rest of y’all.

I wish I could put together more coherent thoughts on why I enjoyed CS3 so much. The mixed cast of old and new class VII was certainly one. I also feel like you get more answers in one chapter of CS3 than you get in CS1/2 combined. The nods in the game for having played the Crossbell games is awesome, too. So many little cameos, references, etc.

One thing that shocked me was the death of

Olivert

]So many people come back from the dead in this series I’m not sure whether I hope it’s not permanent because that person is one of my favorite characters, or that I do hope it’s permanent because it would be one of the most sad and poignant and evil things that has happened so far.

I played a bit of the prologue for CS4 today so far and I had to stop because I’m just having so much fun with the cameos and playable characters from past games. Feels like the best kinda fan service.

Edited by NattyBo

22 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

Yeah, I’m going to try and take it really slow,  because once I finish I’m gonna be waiting for new Kiseki like the rest of y’all.

I wish I could put together more coherent thoughts on why I enjoyed CS3 so much. The mixed cast of old and new class VII was certainly one. I also feel like you get more answers in one chapter of CS3 than you get in CS1/2 combined. The nods in the game for having played the Crossbell games is awesome, too. So many little cameos, references, etc.

One thing that shocked me was the death of

Hide contents

Olivert

. So many people come back from the dead in this series I’m not sure whether I hope it’s not permanent because that person is one of my favorite characters, or that I do hope it’s permanent because it would be one of the most sad and poignant and evil things that has happened so far.

I played a bit of the prologue for CS4 today so far and I had to stop because I’m just having so much fun with the cameos and playable characters from past games. Feels like the best kinda fan service.

You should probably tag everything related to 

Spoiler

death

9 hours ago, NattyBo said:

Yeah, I got a preorder in for Q2 next year. Since my steam library is extensive and switch leaves a lot to be desired (IMO), I’m excited. I think this will be the definitive way to experience the early Trails games, best of all worlds.

Bit expensive but will be worth it I think if the kinks/bugs/good reviews etc are ironed out by the time I’m ready for it. I’ve enjoyed these 3 games and the wait on those older ones coming to console is to long. The way I play I ll get my $ worth for sure. I ll dock it instead of going handheld.

Kuro's website got updated with a whole bunch of new characters, plus the profiles of the five who were recently revealed. Reverie spoilers:

Spoiler

- Roy Gramheart is Calvard's new president, we've already met him. Official names for the other four livestream reveals are Gilliam Thorndyke, Ashen Lu, Esmeray Archette and Nina Fenly. The section for Eastern Quarter charactesr has a few 'Coming Soon' slots open.

- Paulette is a young mother who lives downstairs from Van and works at a popular bistro run by her father, as well as acting as the manager for the building the bistro and Van's office are located in. She left a previous job six years ago to return to her father's home with a newborn daughter Yume, who also helps out at the bistro. She doesn't talk about Yume's father.

- Albert and Odette are two first-year students and members of Aramis' student council, both are also old friends of Agnes and Albert is head over heels for her. A reveal of the student council's president can't be far behind...

- And speaking of which, Dingo Brad from Beyond the Beginning gets (re)introduced and his gossip magazine is named. It's implied that Odette enjoys reading it.

- Kasim Al-Fayed is Feri's older brother and formerly the top fighter of Khurga but he left them some time ago and is employed by Marduk.

- Latoya Hamilton is the third of Epstein's disciples and a former emeritus professor and chief advisor to Verne. She left both those posts several years ago to pursue research that takes her outside the Republic.

Kuro

Spoiler
I wonder if Kasim's giant blade opens up to reveal a cannon, like Rutger's weapon did.

Albert x Agnes, huh. Welp. Van has two possible love interests: Elaine and Agnes, and both have have male suitors (Rene for Elaine, and now Albert for Agnes). Someone is going to lose. RIP. May the best man win.

3 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Kuro

Reveal hidden contents

Why does Kasim look like Carna

People were wondering if they were the same person when the Web CM came out, when you only saw him in profile and partially obscured.