Thoughts on Stick?

Lotus

So, what are people's thoughts on Stick, (The one Shallan tries to turn into fire but fails)

In stick's copper mind page there is quite a lot of theorization about how he might actually be a world hopper... Probably not true, but fun to think about, right? So does anyone have any theory's or ideas about Stick?

Outside the cosmere: The phrase "carrot and stick" is a metaphor for the use of a combination of reward and punishment to induce a desired behaviour. -Wiki

Inside the cosmere: The phrase "Stick and The Stick" is a metaphor for the use of a combination of reward and/or divine blessing from a godlike being to induce a desired behaviour. -Church of The Stick 

Slightly less tongue in cheek...

Stick is an In-World introduction to the Cognitive Realm and an example of how Self-Perception isn’t strictly limited to Fauna.

When an ‘insert and item here’ has been identified or has identified itself as a certain Self for a sufficient amount of time, that Identity is far deeper than the superficial and not easily superceded.

Edited by IllNsickly
Stuff and things

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Karger said:

I am a stick.  I shall not burn.  Holy are these words. Burn not shall I.  Stick am I.

It can't be changed into fire, but burning is a different thing. It would still be a Stick... just a maybe crumbled-to-ashes-beyond-the-point-of-recognition Stick. 

Of course, its cognitive aspect can never degrade. Whether its physical manifestation is burned or not, the mind behind it will always remain true to its Identity. It is a stick. 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:07 AM, MysticLotus said:

In stick's copper mind page there is quite a lot of theorization about how he might actually be a world hopper... Probably not true, but fun to think about, right? So does anyone have any theory's or ideas about Stick?

Stick has its own Coppermind page?

...Oh, why am I even surprised? Of course stick has its own coppermind page...

Edit: ...Which I've actually read just now. What am I doing with my life?

Edited by bxcnch

• Chaos locked this topic