Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

• 2 months later...

man, i havent played this is a while, I should get back into it
last I remember I was trying to get he 5 hour speedrun achievement.

i still need to beat radiance on my main file, kinda just beat HK and never went back. Got distracted by grimm and godseeker and other stuff. 

i let zote die so can't help with that =P

NKG just took me days and days of grinding iirc
I could probably help with like, specific attacks and what I did to doge them, but I'd need to refresh my memory first.

@Frustration the skill time and patience players had to have had to do that is honestly insane.

And @Danex honestly my problem with NKG is bad muscle memory. I try to dodge his attacks, but they are timed just differently, and have slightly different animations, which leads me to run into things that shouldn't have hit me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, Shard of Reading said:

@Frustration the skill time and patience players had to have had to do that is honestly insane.

And @Danex honestly my problem with NKG is bad muscle memory. I try to dodge his attacks, but they are timed just differently, and have slightly different animations, which leads me to run into things that shouldn't have hit me.

Have you tried Perpetual Boob's boss guides? While I haven't beaten NKG myself, he goes very in depth with every boss in the game outside the Dream Warriors. I probably would not have ever made it through my first save file without those videos.

On 11/27/2021 at 0:57 PM, Ookla the Enigmatic said:

Have you tried Perpetual Boob's boss guides? While I haven't beaten NKG myself, he goes very in depth with every boss in the game outside the Dream Warriors. I probably would not have ever made it through my first save file without those videos.

I mean I kind of already beat NKG... But I will keep that in mind for Pure Vessel.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently got Hollow Knight, and I'm finding it really fun (and difficult) so far!

Here's my progress so far:

Spoiler

Areas explored: Dirtmouth, Forgotten Crossroads, Greenpath, Fungal Wastes, City of Tears, Royal Waterways, Crystal Peak, Resting Grounds, Howling Cliffs, Ancient Basin, Deepnest

Charms collected: Wayward Compass, Gathering Swarm, Soul Catcher, Shaman Stone, Dashmaster, Sprintmaster, Grubsong, Fragile Heart (being turned unbreakable), Fragile Greed (broken), Fragile Strength, Spell Twister, Steady Body, Longnail, Mark of Pride, Fury of the Fallen, Baldur Shell, Glowing Womb, Quick Focus, Lifeblood Heart, Joni's Blessing, Dreamshield, Grimmchild (level 2)   

Items acquired*: Sharpened Nail, Dreamnail, Vengeful Spirit, Desolate Dive, Cyclone Slash, Great Slash, Mothwing Cloak, Mantis Claw, Crystal Heart, Lumafly Lantern, Map and Quill, Tram pass

Bosses beaten: False Knight, Hornet (Greenpath), Mantis Lords, Soul Master,

*Yes, I'm including spells and skills in this list.

Edit: I've now defeated the Broken Vessel, acquired the Monarch Wings, and discovered the Kingdom's Edge and the Colosseum of Fools.

Edit 2: I've completed the first trial in the Colosseum.

Edited by Enter a username
Update x2

Well, I've done quite a lot recently. I've beaten every boss on Radiant, done all the bindings on pantheons 1-4 (Separately except for 1 and 2), and have the nail and shell bindings on pantheon 5. Oh, and I've gotten past 57 on the endless ordeal.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:23 PM, Enter a username said:

I recently got Hollow Knight, and I'm finding it really fun (and difficult) so far!

Reveal hidden contents

Areas explored: Dirtmouth, Forgotten Crossroads, Greenpath, Fungal Wastes, City of Tears, Royal Waterways, Crystal Peak, Resting Grounds, Howling Cliffs, Ancient Basin, Deepnest

Charms collected: Wayward Compass, Gathering Swarm, Soul Catcher, Shaman Stone, Dashmaster, Sprintmaster, Grubsong, Fragile Heart (being turned unbreakable), Fragile Greed (broken), Fragile Strength, Spell Twister, Steady Body, Longnail, Mark of Pride, Fury of the Fallen, Baldur Shell, Glowing Womb, Quick Focus, Lifeblood Heart, Joni's Blessing, Dreamshield, Grimmchild (level 2)   

Items acquired*: Sharpened Nail, Dreamnail, Vengeful Spirit, Desolate Dive, Cyclone Slash, Great Slash, Mothwing Cloak, Mantis Claw, Crystal Heart, Lumafly Lantern, Map and Quill, Tram pass

Edit: I've now defeated the Broken Vessel, acquired the Monarch Wings, and discovered the Kingdom's Edge and the Colosseum of Fools.

Glad to see you're enjoying the game! Which boss has been your favorite so far?

Edited by Nameless
Forgot about the endless ordeal

2 hours ago, Nameless said:
On 5/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, Enter a username said:

Reveal hidden contents

Glad to see you're enjoying the game! Which boss has been your favorite so far?

Probably Mantis Lords, but it’s close. (Due to how little of the game I’ve played, though, that could very easily change.)

19 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

Probably Mantis Lords, but it’s close. (Due to how little of the game I’ve played, though, that could very easily change.)

That's fair. I like the Mantis Lords. They're not my favorite, but they're close.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, Wyndlerunner said:

"While I haven't beaten NKG myself"

Well, as of yesterday, that statement is no longer true!

While I hate double posting, it felt relevant to bring up the fact that we have Silksong news! A new gameplay trailer was shown off at the Xbox and Bethesda showcase last Sunday, where it was revealed that not only will Silksong be a GamePass game day 1, but also that all games showcased will be out within the next 12 months, including Silksong! 

Following that, in a spree of sheer hype powered adrenaline, I finally took down the Radiance and got the Dream no More ending! Now all that's left for me to do is Godhome stuff (except P5 since, while this game has made me into a gaming masochist, I'm not that masochistic).