Wardell was doing the numbers. He had organized the camp's defense meticulously. Nothing could go wrong, and since he had organized it, it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't guard tonight. After all, they needed all the Chalk they could get, so what was the harm in him stockpiling some? He examined his surroundings, and noticed something odd. There was a clearing in the forest, and strange symbols were etched around it. In the center, stood a beautiful clock, its gears exposed to the outside world, but still running. Next to it, in a small colorful circle, rested a Shadowblaze. Wardell didn't understand the significance of this place. What was it doing here?

The Shadowblaze stirred, then thrashed wildly. Wardell turned around, and swore. A horde of Wild Chalklings had overcome the defenses. He tried to figure out where he had miscalculated, but couldn't think of anything. He rushed back inside his tent. There, underneath the covers, was a device of his own making. It was a two-way radio. He had a friend back at High Command, who he had tasked with investigating the group. With any luck, they might now know the identity of one of the Forgotten. The tiny radio was his only means of communication. Wild chalklings were swarming over it. He dispelled them quickly, grabbing the device.

He was about to flip the switch, when something bit him. Another stray chalking? No, there were too many for that. A Forgotten was entering the room, and was summoning more minions. Thinking quickly, he threw the radio away from the Forgotten, into the Camp Supply. Perhaps the town could make use of it. It was too late for him.

StrikerEZ has died. He was a Rithmatist.
The Camp was Overrun!

Camp Supply:

Hide contents
  • 6 Pieces of Chalk
  • 1 Bribe
  • 1 Bucket of Acid
  • 1 Lantern
  • 1 Spring-Powered Crab
  • 1 Book of the Guardian
  • 1 Book of the Duelist
  • 1 Shadowblaze
  • 1 Piece of Rainbow Chalk
  • 1 Ornate Clock
  • 1 Radio

Items Taken:

Spoiler
  • Shqueeves took a Book of the Sentry

Known Items:

Hide contents
  • Piece of Chalk (One-use, Day or Night): Do one of the following:
    • Line of Warding: Add one to the Camp’s Defense (Night)
    • Line of Forbiddance: Protect a player from up to one attack. Can self-target. (Night)
    • Line of Vigor: Negate a player’s action. Cannot negate itself (Day or Night)
    • Line of Making: Learn a player’s action if that action involves Chalk. (Day or Night)
    • Line of Silencing: Remove a player's vote. (Day)
    • Line of Revocation: Make a player lose a random Item, adding it back to the Camp Supply (Day or Night)
  • Bribe (Passive, Day): Give the Bribe to another player. Their vote will change to match yours. That player gains the Bribe, and can use it on future turns. You cannot make a player vote on themselves this way.
  • Bucket of Acid (One-use, Day): Give the Camp one Defense for the next Night.
  • Spring-Powered Crab (One-use, Day): Target a player. You will learn what action they take during the Night
  • Lantern (Passive, Night): You may take a Day action during the Night.
  • Gun (One-use, Day or Night): Kill a player. If more people grab Guns than there are Guns in the supply, no one gets a Gun, and all but one of the players who attempted to grab Guns will die.
  • Map (One-use, Day): Add more items to the Supply
  • Book of the <Specialization> (One-use, Day): Learn the listed Specialization
  • Shadowblaze (Passive, Night, Fragile): If held by a Rithmatist, passively adds one to the Camp's Defense every Night. This item has different effects for other roles.
  • Rainbow Chalk (One-use, Day or Night, Fragile): Acts as a Piece of Chalk, except any Line drawn with it will act as if the player who drew it had the appropriate Specialization
  • Radio (One-use, Day or Night, Fragile): Learn the Role of a target player.
  • Ornate Clock (One-use, Night, Fragile): Add Defense equal to the Strength of the Wild Chalklings

Fragile Items:

Spoiler
  • Some Items are Fragile
  • If the usage of a Fragile item is negated, the item is destroyed
  • If the player carrying a Fragile item is killed, the Fragile item is destroyed.
  • If a Fragile item is dropped, for instance by a Line of Revocation, the Fragile item is destroyed.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. StrikerEZ: Wardell Rithmatist
  2. Dr. Dapper: Rick Rithmatist
  3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Jenoue Rithmatist
  4. Xinoehp52: Ecnelis Forgotten
  5. Butt Ad Venture: Nathaniel
  6. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  7. Cadmium Compounder: Caden
  8. Lumgol: Character TBD
  9. Ventyl: Jerm Apple
  10. Alvron: Blackbane
  11. Elandera: Brodie Fields Rithmatist
  12. Shqueeves: Jeeves
  13. Snipexe: Snip

This Day will end on July 16th at 7:00PM CDT. Good luck.

Well that's bad. An elim must've used a LoV.

The radio is important so I vote for Alvron to weld its power, he's practically a confirmed village.

As I said last night, I think that Shqueeves is eliminator. He's constantly lurking without posting. His only post was asking who would draw a LoW which is important info for an elim, he hasn't posted sense. @Shqueeves

Striker contacted me, I said I couldn't protect.

Finally, I used the crab on CadCom. He can be confirmed as a Thief.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

Stiker contacted me about defending the camp, and he thought it was more important than me reading my Book, so I did a LoW during the night.

Now the Book is pretty much useless, since I don't have any Chalk to use it with. It would take 3 actions (Grab chalk, Read book, use Line) to make it worthwhile, and we don't have any idea what the specialty actually does. I'll plan to grab the Shadowblaze for now until someone objects.

I agree that Alvron having the Radio or the Clock is a good plan, although those items will cause their bearers to be vulnerable to LoVs. The Gun is another good option, although we could leave that for CadCom as well.

I find Ventyl @Ventyl, @Lumgol, and @Shqueeves all suspicious for not participating in the lynch last cycle. We also cannot account for Ventyl and Lumgol's actions last night, which puts them as possible candidates for the elim the sent in the kill. I'd like to hear suspicions from each of them, and I need to read their interactions again. Although I feel stronger about Lumgol being village since he didn't react to being one of two lynch candidates early last cycle.

Last night, I tried to grab the Book of the Sentry, whereas Shqueeves grabbed it instead.

I think this makes Shqueeves look more village, unless an elim is trying to prevent villagers from learning to defend the camp better. In either case, it would be useful to keep an eye on Shqueeves and see if he's really casting lines of warding.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The Rainbow Chalk seems like a really fun item to have. I wonder if you get to see what all the specializations do before you use them, or if you just have to randomly guess.

Randomly guess. :P

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I agree that Alvron having the Radio or the Clock is a good plan, although those items will cause their bearers to be vulnerable to LoVs. The Gun is another good option, although we could leave that for CadCom as well.

The Gun would be a great option for me to go for but there is no Gun in the Supply dump at moment. :P 
I'm likely a target for a LoV already given I'm almost a confirmed villager at this point so me going for either the Radio or the Clock doesn't make me any bigger of a target.
Striker contacted me about a LoW but by the time I saw the message, he'd already gathered enough, or so we thought.  I instead spent my action grabbing the Map.

It's not letting me quote this, but in this post,

I had someone discuss with me whether they or me should put in a second action if no one else had about 2 to 3 hours before rollover. So I also told this person that I had put in the first action. 

This is me. Instead of drawing a LoW, I went for the bucket of acid but someone else snatched it up

I've got this crazy paranoia that Alv and xino planned out that kill to get us to trust Alv, when in fact he is also an eliminator. 

It's a risky move to do, especially with probably only three eliminators. But its something I could see Alv doing. 

Shqueeves is usually quiet, so that isnt something I'm holding him for, and because he reached out to me asking if he should protect or if I should, I'm leaning more village on him, though that's not necessarily fact. I know that the bribing moves me closer to my goal, but the shadowblaze could be interesting, so I may go for that. 

@Cadmium Compounder You seem to be trying to align yourself to the village, but since you aren't a Rithmatist, the Shadowblaze won't add to the camp defense if you take it (or at least we can't guarantee that it will). That isn't very consistent with helping us. Also, going for an item that someone else (me) already said they want seems counterproductive for you, since it gives you a 50% chance not to get closer to your goal.

Edit: Also, you lose with the rest of us after the camp is overrun a third time.

Edited by Araris Valerian

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I've got this crazy paranoia that Alv and xino planned out that kill to get us to trust Alv, when in fact he is also an eliminator. 

*internal monologue* Curses, they are onto me.  Must kill CadCom this Night */internal monologue*

Why what ever do you mean CadCom?  Why would I wish to kill a fellow elim when I could just hold onto the Gun.  It's not like I'm a very trustworthy player in the first place. 2t0seHVu3my5DcElV3ulOytx2ZB9daFXqmd-_xa5tY3-MCxPm9g1ys21tCVFShStIRbkKeYp8wVaMh3pO7H5oJNYciEmssrwBZE-lgX4nsHzuBPz1_z4WzIt_GlAINweLq1X-PYN

20 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Stiker contacted me about defending the camp, and he thought it was more important than me reading my Book, so I did a LoW during the night.

Now the Book is pretty much useless, since I don't have any Chalk to use it with. It would take 3 actions (Grab chalk, Read book, use Line) to make it worthwhile, and we don't have any idea what the specialty actually does. I'll plan to grab the Shadowblaze for now until someone objects.

I find Ventyl @Ventyl, @Lumgol, and @Shqueeves all suspicious for not participating in the lynch last cycle. We also cannot account for Ventyl and Lumgol's actions last night, which puts them as possible candidates for the elim the sent in the kill. I'd like to hear suspicions from each of them, and I need to read their interactions again. Although I feel stronger about Lumgol being village since he didn't react to being one of two lynch candidates early last cycle.

Araris, yet again even though I’ve stated I’d be more active, I yet was not, and my lack of a vote was because of that. Striker did contact me about drawing a LoW, which I did. I’m thinking that there could actually be 4 elims left and 2 of them could’ve used LoV and the other submits the kill. So would anyone be willing to look into what Shqueeves did last night or maybe Alv, or has someone done that already? Also, I’ll be giving my player analysis sometime tomorrow.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, I’m going to be reading the Book of the Artist today, I hope it has something to do with making multiple chalklings with one piece of chalk or something.

Edited by Ventyl

@Ventyl We have GM confirmation that Shqueeves took an item from the supply. The Map is also missing from the supply, which corroborates Alvron's story. Players whose actions are not entirely accounted for are Lumgol, Venture, and the 3 people that claimed LoW (Snipexe, Ventyl, and myself). That doesn't really help much. 

While I'm rather suspicious of Ventyl, I could also get behind a CadCom lynch. The fact that he is trying to take items that the village could really use makes we want to kill him. The problem with that is it puts us at a large risk of getting overrun twice more.

If I get the Shadowblaze, Alv gets the Clock, and Snipexe gets Rainbow Chalk, we should be able to hit 3 defense this cycle. Elims would have to LoV Alvron to cause the Clock to fail, and Shqueeves can let us know what the LoW specialty does after the day cycle is over. If it provides 2 defense, Snipexe and I together can protect the camp. Otherwise, Shqueeves, Snipexe, and Myself can all protect the camp. That doesn't account for Ventyl, Lumgol, and Venture, one of which could provide backup if someone else is elim. So it seems like we should be able to protect the camp tonight following a CadCom lynch, and have some room free for redundancy in case of elim interference.

So basically, if other people are suspicious of Ventyl, I say we lynch him, otherwise, I say kill CadCom.

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

So basically, if other people are suspicious of Ventyl, I say we lynch him, otherwise, I say kill CadCom.

Several of Ventyl’s posts have raised alarm bells, but it feels more like tunneling. I would be willing to vote for them though to create a more secure lynch.

Shqueeves is normally quiet. Good to know. I’ve been suspicious of Ventyl but not enough for a lynch.

CadCom, I am against your lynching because I think you can still be useful. Unless you grab that shadowblaze. So don’t grab it. We need it much more than you.

3 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

CadCom, I am against your lynching because I think you can still be useful. Unless you grab that shadowblaze. So don’t grab it. We need it much more than you.

Edited 1 hour ago by Butt Ad Venture

How would you say CadCom could be useful? I can’t help but disagree. The only thing we share in interests is the camp being overrun, but we don’t know if CadCom can even use Rithmatics, and lynching him hopefully won’t add one to the defense of the camp, which is what I’d rather have over lynching a villager.

Mostly it’s because I have no idea what I’m doing and he has provided useful information. But that is just circumstantial. 

@Cadmium Compounder, are these new items ‘important’? How close are you to your win condition?

But you are right about the benefit of a nonVillage lynch. I hate how you can’t logically argue against logical logic.