The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

All of a sudden, Star was hit by a massive wave of exhaustion. She rubbed her eyes, feeling a bit dizzy. Now that it finally showed in her eyes, you could see how pervasive her tiredness was. The dark circles under her eyes, her slumped posture, her frizzled hair. "Gosh, I feel tired," she said. "I think I need to lie down. Just... Pheo, could I talk to you for a bit first?"

@xinoehp512

“We need to find Tom.” God whispered. He whispered his commands, but didn’t say why. He never did. It wasn’t her place to know so, anyways. 

Edited by BringerofShadows
A typo I missed that rendered the post confusing. Oof.

2 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Does anyone have a CBST scene they really want me to draw? I'm compiling some project ideas.

Silence falling into the portal after Star shoots him.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:53 PM, Shard of Thought said:

All of a sudden, Star was hit by a massive wave of exhaustion. She rubbed her eyes, feeling a bit dizzy. Now that it finally showed in her eyes, you could see how pervasive her tiredness was. The dark circles under her eyes, her slumped posture, her frizzled hair. "Gosh, I feel tired," she said. "I think I need to lie down. Just... Pheo, could I talk to you for a bit first?"

"Of course," said Pheonix.

Oooh, that one would be fun to do with colors... I'll have to see what I can do. 

Star took Pheo's wrist and walked away from everyone. She Narrated two chairs into existence a few feet off and sat down, running a hand through her hair. 

“Pheonix, before we take things any further, I have to know why you want this," she began. "You came after Queen of Shadows; when I was at my lowest point. I didn’t even notice you. I barely said a word to you, yet you claim to have seen something in me, claim to love me for seeing you when no one else even knew you were there. And I’m not trying to question it - True Love’s Kiss seems a pretty good gauge on this - but I just feel like I’m missing something. Why did Silence take you? Why did he steal your voice? How did you find me in Silence’s Realm, how did you get free? You made a deal with the mimes, didn’t you, a while back? Why, what was it? I know that many questions is kind of overwhelming, but Pheo, I have to know.”

I really wanna draw Heather in a dress. Hopefully I can get that done pretty soon...

Edited by Shard of Thought

On 9/19/2019 at 9:31 AM, Shard of Thought said:

"Oh," Ember said again. "Do you need help?" she asked quietly.

I could see that. Also, where is Xino at the moment?

“Help won’t do me any good.” 

He's just on the ship, with Tom and Shadow. ;)

Ember frowned. "But... I..." She bit her lip, uncertain how to say what she wanted to express. "Helping... It is what I do. And if I do not..." She trailed off, uncertain. 

Oh yes, I doodled this... :ph34r:

IMG_20190923_072053.jpg

12 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star took Pheo's wrist and walked away from everyone. She Narrated two chairs into existence a few feet off and sat down, running a hand through her hair. 

“Pheonix, before we take things any further, I have to know why you want this," she began. "You came after Queen of Shadows; when I was at my lowest point. I didn’t even notice you. I barely said a word to you, yet you claim to have seen something in me, claim to love me for seeing you when no one else even knew you were there. And I’m not trying to question it - True Love’s Kiss seems a pretty good gauge on this - but I just feel like I’m missing something. Why did Silence take you? Why did he steal your voice? How did you find me in Silence’s Realm, how did you get free? You made a deal with the mimes, didn’t you, a while back? Why, what was it? I know that many questions is kind of overwhelming, but Pheo, I have to know.”

"When I... awoke... I knew why I had been created," Pheonix shrugged. "I worried the same would happen to me, so... I made a deal. I would learn Silence, would follow their rules- the mimes's- and in return, they wouldn't harm me." He sighed. "I never expected... Silence wants to train me as a successor, or something like that. Train me to be just like him." He shuddered. "That's why he cloaked me in Silence, to force me to... anyways, it didn't matter. Someone helped me break free, escape Silence's trap." He smiled crookedly. "And now I'm here."

“Ember, go help Star. She needs you more than me.” 

BoS approached Tom, as God commanded. “Ask him about jumping dimensions.” Shadow repeated the words. “Do you have a machine for jumping dimensions?”

"Oh. All right." She muttered an, "I'm sorry," as she left. When she came up to the deck, she saw Star locked in conversation with Pheonix. She was glad they had found each other. Unfortunately, she also felt extremely out of place. She started forward, then shook her head, determining that it would be rude to interrupt anything. And so, she straightened her back and clasped her hands behind her back, waiting. 

52 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star's eyes widened. "You were... you were written for me. For me. I... I don't know what to say. I mean... it makes sense, I suppose. You don't have a choice but to see the good in me."

Oh, dear... would it be awkwards to point out that Pheonix was referring to what Silence did at Queen of Shadows?

8 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

BoS approached Tom, as God commanded. “Ask him about jumping dimensions.” Shadow repeated the words. “Do you have a machine for jumping dimensions?”

Tom frowned. "Do you mean the S Prime reality bridge?"

Tamika thought. There wasn't much else she could do. Wasn't much else she wanted to do. Thinking was nice. You didn't have to move to do it. You could be anything short of dead or unconscious, and thinking was always an option. But as she thought, she realized something; for as much as she hated herself, she hated her Shard even more. It had twisted her, made her into something not quite human. Something predatory, calculating. The scary thing was, she wasn't sure how much of that had stayed with her. Her feelings for AJ had carried over. What else in her had changed? Of course, this wasn't all she thought about. Her expanded mind went through countless possibilities, countless everythings. She thought so much that her head started hurting. She sighed. What good did thinking like that do anymore? She knew what she wanted. And she knew what she couldn't have. That was all that mattered, so she'd found. 

Tamika sat up and got off the bed, walking around her room. She stopped in front of the mirror. This wasn't something she liked to do. Seeing her own too-beautiful face staring back at her was jarring. It made her angry. But perhaps in an immature way, it made her stronger. Who had that face hurt? Who had it let down? Who had it failed? She shrugged. It didn't matter. Purple bled into her irises, but she shook her head. No. That's not me. When she confronted herself again, the violet was gone. That's right, she thought. I am in control. A smaller, quiet voice in the back of her head added, But I don't want to be.

Tamika's fingers found the amethyst jewels of her necklace. Why did she even have this anymore? AJ was gone. She didn't need him, she had Tom. Tom, who cares more about helping that 'Narrator Star' than me. Because of his projects. Always in his own head. What am I to him anymore? He's just glad you're here because he... She couldn't finish. She loved him. She loved him so much her heart ached. It was just... complicated. Everything was complicated, life was complicated, being a Shard was complicated, even dancing was complicated. And love, that... that was more than just complicated. It was powerful too. Powerful enough that she had tried to replicate it as a Shard. And failed. Again. And again. And again. Every time, she had failed. Even with AJ, she had failed. He was dead. He was dead, storm it. 

In a burst of anger, she pulled the necklace off of her, staring at her reflection in the jems' surface. Memories rose within her. But before she could cry, she screamed, throwing the necklace as hard as she could against the mirror. The mirror cracked and she raised her hands to her mouth, paling. "Oh my..." she muttered. She glanced at the floor. The necklace lay in pieces. "I'm sorry," she said, voice muffled by her fingers. Tears began to stream down her face. "I'm sorry..." She knelt, stretching a hand out to touch the necklace.... but before her fingers could even touch its chain, she bowed her back, sobbing. Tom, she thought, desperate. Come to me. Come hold me.

I give you a very quick doodle of Star that may have convinced me to try a real version of this. 

IMG_20190923_211715.jpg

Edit: Star sighed, summoning a giant cup of steaming tea to her hands. Actually "cup" was an understatement. The thing was so big it was more like a bowl - her hands didn't even fit all the way around it. "I'm sorry, Pheonix" she said. "That was awfully blunt of me. I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment and this is all happening so fast, I just..." She sighed again, helpless and tired out of her mind.