The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Ember walked over on her toes, happy energy flowing through her. She bent over curiously, then knelt, growing her shell on her legs to protect the floor. She clasped her hands before her and studied Heather's eyespikes. "They're shiny," she said matter-of-factly. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Ember couldn't hold her gaze as she got up. "Okay... okay..." She wrapped her arms around her waist and walked out, sitting outside of the door against the wall. She was too shocked to cry. Heather hadn't been like that before... Was there something wrong with Ember? There must be... She just wasn't right here. People didn't like her. People were afraid of her. And Star would be too, eventually. 

I love that Heather is worried about hurting one of the most powerful beings in the universe. It's quite bittersweet.

Should I be... angry? Ember thought. I don't think Star would like that Heather was mean to me... But she cares more about Heather than she does about me. So I must be the one at fault. Bad Ember. Bad girl. Star trusted you. And you've done nothing but fail. 

Ember wanted to touch Heather's mind and find out what was wrong. But that would be rude. Intrusive. Heather wanted her gone, so she would leave. Well... sit outside the door. That wasn't "leaving." Ember got up again, feeling ashamed of herself. The room she went into had a mirror on the wall. 

Ember got into an offensive stance, throwing her hand to the side in preparation to summon her blade. But before she could, her eyes widened. That was her

She had never seen her reflection before. All of a sudden she realized why people thought of her the way they did. She was tall and unnaturally skinny with a rough outer shell and giant glass eyes. As she approached the mirror slowly, she ran her fingers over her face and through her hair - well, it wasn't really hair, actually. It was thousands upon thousands of tiny stands of metal. No one could see the difference. But she could feel it. She started sniffling. Why hadn't anyone told her she was so ugly? She really was a monster... Not a person. Not even human.