The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

19 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

I just want the burns to not heal so she is miserable and wants to join Astral because she could offer a solution to the burns It would tempt her in a way.

*spreads hands* If the red serum doesn't heal her, nothing will.

20 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Debts?" Star asked. "What debts? Pheonix never hurt a soul."

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Who said anything about hurting anyone?"

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Who said anything about hurting anyone?"

Actually, there is one thing. But I'm not going to say a word because if I tell you then it could spoil some of what I have in mind.

And I suggest that the serum will heal some of it, but not most of it.

"Then what did he do? It was my understanding that he made a deal with Silence specifically so he wouldn't be hurt the way he has been. What went wrong?"

Edited by Shard of Thought

The serum heals things on a physical, mental/cognitive, and spiritual level. The only way it could fail is if something was constantly inflicting the burns that was more powerful than the serum.

"Pheonix made a deal so that Silence wouldn't kill him. And he hasn't."

I think about it this way; Ruin's essence counteracts the serum. So it can't heal all of the burn. And what's left of it? Well, Astral has a means of fixing that.

"For him? How could that possibly be good for him? He just wants to help, he's a good man." Star, surprisingly, was on the verge of tears.

Ruin's essence is gone, though. It left part of its essence in the injuries, but the serum is much, much more powerful than that.

"Silence sees things differently, Star. To him, being a character is a bad thing for Pheonix. What he does is to prevent that."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Silence sees things differently, Star. To him, being a character is a bad thing for Pheonix. What he does is to prevent that."

*nods* Hmmm... All right. I think I have an idea for what I can do instead. I guess the serum'll heal her then.

"And why does he care about Pheonix? Why hasn't he taken my voice as well?"

OK then. BoS, how much is guilt affecting Heather? That's the most variable part for the serum to deal with.

36 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"And why does he care about Pheonix? Why hasn't he taken my voice as well?"

"He can't." Tom said simply.

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Pheonix is his, in his mind. You aren't."

"And that's the problem, isn't it? I'm just not. Not enough for the world, or the thread, or anyone. Pheonix doesn't belong to anyone, especially not Silence. And no one has a right to take away anothers' voice. It's... it's terrible, it's cruel."

Edited by Shard of Thought