The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

*desire to hug Xino increases*

Please don't fight, you guys. 

We gotta work with what we have. I know it's frustrating sometimes that Xino can't be on, but I bet it's frustrating for him too, coming back to all this stuff that he couldn't be a part of. Just... lay off a bit. It's okay.

44 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom shot a look over at the other Tom. He was bending over what had been Shadow and muttering something.

Tom stood up. "I think I got it," he said, holding up a small crystal with a pulsating ball of darkness inside of it. "I haven't had to do that in a long, long time."

He sighed, pocketing the crystal and pulling out a vial of red serum. "Now let's see if this does any good." He uncorked it, kneeling down to give it to her.

"Simple! We bring you, Tamika, neo-Shadow, and the other copy of Shadow, and show them to Silence. He should be able to tell we're telling the truth."

"But we're here... and he's in the other universe. Doesn't the projection device only work on the ship? Tom, this is a huge step. We went from trying to build a bridge to get the others back to... to talking with the enemy. Silence frightens me. Watching him through Astral's eyes... I'll never forget that moment. TVG snapped his neck and he still came back... Oh, I'm so flustered right now. Forgive me."

"As for the red serum, you may want to bandage her wounds as well. I don't think an injury that was worsened by Entropy itself will heal nicely. And she'll be shaken when she wakes. It seems cruel to leave her there. She's... she's innocent."

Edited by Shard of Thought

22 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

That takes courage sometimes. :) I get what you meant. 

Personally, this story means a lot to me. I mean, when you consider it was me who made the decision to make Star into a character just so she could marry/protect my favorite cosmere character... And that decision was the first step in a whole line of dominoes. What I mean is, I understand feeling like it takes too long, maybe I'm overreacting a bit. My day hasn't been great and I don't want one more thing to stress about.

(And Xino, you are seriously one of my most favorite people ever, so there's that too. I'm a shameless Windrunner, the defender.)

3 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"But we're here... and he's in the other universe. Doesn't the projection device only work on the ship? Tom, this is a huge step. We went from trying to build a bridge to get the others back to... to talking with the enemy. Silence frightens me. Watching him through Astral's eyes... I'll never forget that moment. TVG snapped his neck and he still came back... Oh, I'm so flustered right now. Forgive me."

"We can bring him onto the ship. It won't be that hard." He sighed. "But yes, he frightens me too," he admitted. "But he has what he wants, now. I think. He has no reason to harm us."

"As for the red serum, you may want to bandage her wounds as well. I don't think an injury that was worsened by Entropy itself will heal nicely. And she'll be shaken when she wakes. It seems cruel to leave her there. She's... she's innocent."

Tom shook his head. "If the serum isn't working, it's because it wasn't potent enough."

He pulled out another vial. This one was red, too, but... more so. A deeper, richer, red.

"This will heal her," he said. "Every scrape and burn, every loss and mistake. More powerful than any other serum I have ever created."

1 hour ago, Inklingspren said:

I didn’t mean to be offensive, just…Hell, I don’t know. Screw it, I am sorry.

I'm not certain what emotion you were going for either, to be honest. :wacko: But I'm not offended.

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We can bring him onto the ship. It won't be that hard." He sighed. "But yes, he frightens me too," he admitted. "But he has what he wants, now. I think. He has no reason to harm us."

Tom shook his head. "If the serum isn't working, it's because it wasn't potent enough."

He pulled out another vial. This one was red, too, but... more so. A deeper, richer, red.

"This will heal her," he said. "Every scrape and burn, every loss and mistake. More powerful than any other serum I have ever created."

"If he has no reason to harm us, then why did he separate us? At first it was all rules and punishment, but I'm almost certain he has a grudge against me." Star turned to the other Tom.

"Thank you," she said solemnly. "No one seems to care whether she lives or dies."

Ember stayed quiet while everyone else talked. She felt… something. Not the heated drive to destroy and defend like usual. Something that ate at her. She had been written to save Star. She had been following her directive. But she hadn’t meant to do that to the Shadow. She hadn’t meant to fail to save Pheonix either… Why was she so incapable of keeping herself under control? She was supposed to be an all-powerful being, not weighed down by human error and emotion. But then, why create an all powerful being for easy tasks? 

No.

Why create something failable to protect… that.

She really was just an ember, especially compared to the star she defended. Now that she saw her, full of compassion with a heroic spark of assertive power, she understood. Star was the reason she existed. Now, all that was left was to make good on her own purpose.

Guys, I had an idea. I don't think Star was ever Tamika - Star was Astral, or at least a version of her. It seems a shame to just waste that character. Star thinks she got rid of her dark counterpart, but I disagree. What if Astral was able to get free somehow? What if she convinced Heather to join her or something? It's just an idea, though if we don't bring Astral back now, I'll probably try to again later. 

I figured you might. ;)

I really like the idea of Star fighting herself, or rather, her evil self. I mean think about it, it just fits; first, she fails to save the one she loves most and turns dark because of it. Then, letting in other people, she has to prove herself, by saving them and redeeming herself. Now, she has to destroy the evil within her completely. By facing her past.

9 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

Well, I was thinking that Astral would put a knife against Heather's throat so no one would hurt her, (a ransom kind of thing) and then kind of take on Heather as a side kick or something. Like, "I saw the darkness inside of you. We can convince Star to join us, together." I've already started playing with ideas of how awesome Astral is going to be. Obviously, Heather would turn on her, but still.

Kay. Right now here's my plan; They'll summon Astral to show Silence so that they can go back to their regular realities. Astral will pretend to be mute, like she's been damaged by Silence from Queen of Shadows. Then, when they get back home, Astral will turn on everyone. And it'll be awesome. 

Guys, I had an idea. I don't think Star was ever Tamika - Star was Astral, or at least a version of her. It seems a shame to just waste that character. Star thinks she got rid of her dark counterpart, but I disagree. What if Astral was able to get free somehow? What if she convinced Heather to join her or something? It's just an idea, though if we don't bring Astral back now, I'll probably try to again later.

I disagree again. ;) Astral was a Narrator, never a character. She came from Star.

16 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"If he has no reason to harm us, then why did he separate us? At first it was all rules and punishment, but I'm almost certain he has a grudge against me." Star turned to the other Tom.

"Pheonix's debts are his own. They have no bearing on us."

39 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

I see. But convincing Heather wouldn’t take that much. She’s lost all of her power, Ember burned her severally, and Heather is broken. I still like the ransom idea, just convincing her not to betray Astral.

I mean, if she takes the red serum she wouldn't be broken anymore. It's powerful stuff.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Pheonix's debts are his own. They have no bearing on us."

All right. I'll just bring Asral back a different way. She'll come after the things with Silence is over. 

As for Heather... I think even if she's healed now, Astral could make her do things... Dark things.

"Debts?" Star asked. "What debts? Pheonix never hurt a soul."