Mid-Range Game 34: Death by Lantern Light

Sart

Sorry for my basic inactivity. I had a lot more to do this weekend than I initially thought, so I've been able to skim a bit but not really contribute.

5 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

One Forgotten dead. Was Lumgol actually going for the chalk? Such a thing would only have been helpful to block a gun kill. If she did try for chalk, that further indicates that the gun did not end up with the Forgotten

She could have been going for chalk if the elims wanted to go for a WGG in the future. Also, I don't think the elims would go for the gun in such a small game. They don't likely have many in their numbers and the chances of dying in a fight over it would be too high.

EDIT: Forgot I wanted to chime in about Rae's post.

Lum's call out to CadCom is worth looking into. It seems like an odd move to do if he were just a villager. However, a lot of what Lum has done in past games doesn't make a lot of sense to me. @Cadmium Compounder, what do you have to say about it?

Edited by Elandera

Ol' Huld was now at a loss for what ta do. He'd basically done all that he'd wanted to for a good while, so what now? 

"Snip, why were ya so interested in me gun?" 

At least it's more than some.

We're a little more than 24 hours into the cycle and there's been so little discussion. I'm afraid I'm also to blame for that.

With four bribes on the table, at least a couple people should go for those. I can imagine in such a small game, having vote manipulation would be powerful for elims, especially seeing how they lost one to a tie.

I'll place a poke vote for now on Gaea @xxGaea. I don't think she's posted yet.

Ok thank GOODNESS that weekend is over, and I'm finally back on laptop. Hallelujah. 
I'm going to need to get caught up, which I'm not going to be able to get done tonight. However, with this crazy weekend over, I can focus on this game before my LG starts. Um, I guess I'm inclined to trust Joe and Devotary? Especially with a tie? Other than that, I'll wait until tomorrow to say any more. 

2 hours ago, STINK said:

Ol' Huld was now at a loss for what ta do. He'd basically done all that he'd wanted to for a good while, so what now? 

"Snip, why were ya so interested in me gun?" 

At least it's more than some.

I literally started out the game considering to do what you did, so I was still kind of in that mode. Obviously I’ve moved on. 

1. @Cadmium Compounder - Sonofa Gun
  2. @xinoehp512 - Rogiv
  3. @xxGaea - Iria Byrd
  4. @Kidpen - Snapizar

Joel kept careful note of what the other 6 around the fire were saying. He still didn't know where Sonofa, Rogiv, Iria, or Snapizar where, but the others seemed pretty subdued. "Now, ah know ah said earlier that ah didn't want people to get killed just because they're off somewhere else, but we're missing four of them right now." He nodded towards Tahree. "She wants Iria to answer or die, and ah agree with that, but also believe that Sonofa is more suspicious, since 'e was talking to Logmul yesterday. Ah think he is a might bit more suspicious."

Cadmium Compounder

19 hours ago, Elandera said:

She could have been going for chalk if the elims wanted to go for a WGG in the future.

This is a possibility, though delaying the game is a bit risky with the thief's four cycle countdown in place. I do see that in MR27, one of the elims also started out by taking chalk, so such a move is reasonable. It may partially be to deny villagers of defences.

Also, Gaea did say cycle one that she wouldn't be particularly active over the next few days.

20 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

"She wants Iria to answer or die, and ah agree with that, but also believe that Sonofa is more suspicious, since 'e was talking to Logmul yesterday. Ah think he is a might bit more suspicious."

The strangest thing about CadCom is that he didn't take the crab, despite being active enough to do so. I somewhat feel that if the interaction between CadCom and Lumgol had been contrived, he would have made more effort to actually take the crab. The main possibility I see for CadCom to be evil is if a third elim was not around to submit a kill, forcing CadCom to take that action.

"Aye, that would be the most likely scenario, and an unlikely one at that, but my only other suspicion is that of Snip, for not having a verifiable activity last night, but forgetfulness isn't a crime." Joel wiped his brow in relief at that. "And since Snip is more talkative than Sonofa, ah'm going to lean towards getting rid of a non contributor."

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Also, Gaea did say cycle one that she wouldn't be particularly active over the next few days.

Once again, my not following the thread closely enough bites me in the rear. Gaea. It would be a poor move to accidentally get her killed when she said she'd be inactive for a bit.

I'm not sure about the CadCom lynch either. While Lum hasn't been an elim before, she's done some pretty unusual things (the fake aluminum claim in Kidpen's game comes to mind). With that in mind, her pronouncement to PM CadCom seems more of an inexperienced attempt to broadcast her villagery-ness by picking someone who planned to take the crab, an item most useful to village, and suggesting to want to help coordinate its use.

For now I'll place a vote on Kidpen. He's been online since the cycle was posted, but hasn't chimed in yet here.

Cadcom has had two posts so far, both which don't have much content. What he said in his first post sticks out a lot:

I've made it! Wow, being gone for a couple of days, and coming back to this game, and missing a couple of ends of turns in the other game leaves me very lost and confused. I've spent a few minutes on doing a quick analysis. 

This was D1, about 1 to 2 pages in. Cadcom should not be lost with that little content. While I understand that he might've missed a lot in LG53, that still seems like he was trying to seem overwhelmed and out of time, which is more an elim thing to do. I can accept that he might be posting less due to being in LG53 and a new job, but that doesn't explain the tone of his post. Cadcom.

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

We're a little more than 24 hours into the cycle and there's been so little discussion. I'm afraid I'm also to blame for that.

With four bribes on the table, at least a couple people should go for those. I can imagine in such a small game, having vote manipulation would be powerful for elims, especially seeing how they lost one to a tie.

I'll place a poke vote for now on Gaea @xxGaea. I don't think she's posted yet.

I know you already retracted the vote, but I just wanted to confirm that yes, I am gonna try to be more active in this game, I am just super stressed out atm. x3

3 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:
  1. @Cadmium Compounder - Sonofa Gun
  2. @xinoehp512 - Rogiv
  3. @xxGaea - Iria Byrd
  4. @Kidpen - Snapizar

Joel kept careful note of what the other 6 around the fire were saying. He still didn't know where Sonofa, Rogiv, Iria, or Snapizar where, but the others seemed pretty subdued. "Now, ah know ah said earlier that ah didn't want people to get killed just because they're off somewhere else, but we're missing four of them right now." He nodded towards Tahree. "She wants Iria to answer or die, and ah agree with that, but also believe that Sonofa is more suspicious, since 'e was talking to Logmul yesterday. Ah think he is a might bit more suspicious."

Cadmium Compounder

Iria Byrd walked up to the group sitting around the fire in time to hear Joel's comment. "Well, I certainly hope you dears will hold off on killing me for a bit? What question is it that you are wanting me to answer?" 

3 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I don't know about the CadCom Lynch. It seems less like a weird attempt at distancing and more like a chance to just screw over another villager into wasting a lynch

Iria looks over at Snip, raising an eyebrow in question. "Wasn't Joel one of the leading forces in yesterday's lynch of the Forgotten? I would hardly consider that to be a waste of a lynch, all things considered. I find your comment highly suspicious, Snip. Care to offer any defense for your words?"

6 hours ago, xxGaea said:

I would hardly consider that to be a waste of a lynch, all things considered. I find your comment highly suspicious, Snip. Care to offer any defense for your words?"

I was referring to the lynch this cycle, not the one last cycle. And yes while I also believe that Joe is village, that doesn’t necessarily indicate that Cad Com is an elim. Villagers lynch villagers all the time SE, and usually at least one of the people lynching them is a villager. Often it’s the bandwagon members that are more likely to be elims, rather then the ones leading the lynch.

Rogiv yawned and sat up.

He was still in his box. The marks of silence looked like they'd lasted, too, which explained why he'd slept for so long. It had sounded like there was some sort of commotion going on before he had retired, but he didn't really care. They'd caught the Forgotten, right?

He lay back in his sleeping bag. It was still early; he could sleep for another hour or two and still get breakfast.

And the less he had to put up with the others, the better.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

"Aha! Ah knew that Logmul was up to no good! He was hiding a crab from the rest of us! He must have been the one who ah saw entering the tent! Thanks Caccoo for helping me nab him before he could get up to no good." Joel picked up the Crab, and walked it to the tent, where he put it down next to the other one. Then he frowned. Hadn't Sonofa been planning to keep this crab safe? Sure he hadn't settled on it, but it seemed like he wanted it. 

"Hey, Sonofa Gun, did you try to grab a Crab? And what did Logmul try to talk to you about?"

I'm sorry, I did not try to grab the crab. I went inactive over the weekend(general conference. I will try to catch up some time today, but with my new position at work, it may be a while. 

44 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'm sorry, I did not try to grab the crab. I went inactive over the weekend(general conference. I will try to catch up some time today, but with my new position at work, it may be a while. 

What did Lumgol talk to you about?

Lumgol sent me a pm just trying to set up a communication so that we could work together to "catch eliminators" I didn't see the message until he was also dead. Unfortunately, he didn't suggest anyone in particular for me to look into, so I don't have any suggestions of people to look into who are associated with him. 

My best guess is just that they wanted to be able to have exclusive access to the results of my scan, as well as advanced knowledge of who I was going to scan, but my plan all along was to share whatever I needed to share with the thread. 

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to try again to go for one of the crabs, but I'll Actually submit the action this time. :D

5 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I was referring to the lynch this cycle, not the one last cycle. And yes while I also believe that Joe is village, that doesn’t necessarily indicate that Cad Com is an elim. Villagers lynch villagers all the time SE, and usually at least one of the people lynching them is a villager. Often it’s the bandwagon members that are more likely to be elims, rather then the ones leading the lynch.

"While your initial post still rubs me the wrong way, I will stand down for the time being. Just know, I will be keeping a close eye on you going forward, Snip." Iria looks towards the rest of the group. "Additionally, I am going to go get one of the Lanterns tonight, so I might keep an eye on the items being taken. Is that acceptable to everyone here?"

Vote Count;
[1] Snip: STINK
[2] CadCom: Joe, Arraenae
[1] Kidpen: Elandera

Edited by xxGaea
vote count

Well, not much has happened since I last got on, so, for the purposes of survival, plus with some reasoning, I'll vote for Snipexe. It seems like it would be a good plan for elims to have one teammate suggest to pick up the gun, then have another actually do it, or back out, so that if anyone dies from picking up the gun, it isn't any of them. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

Rollover is going to be delayed a couple of hours. It will now be at 9 PM EST. I'm planning on keeping that time for rollovers, as I believe it works better for all parties involved.

3 minutes ago, Sart said:

Rollover is going to be delayed a couple of hours. It will now be at 9 PM EST. I'm planning on keeping that time for rollovers, as I believe it works better for all parties involved.

Oh, cool. That is more convenient. 

Post coming soon. I know I said that last Cycle and then didn't, but I mean it this time. 

Hmmm. First things first, Kidpen. I do look forward to hearing your thoughts so far. Hopefully they come before the end (of this cycle).

The vote is currently tied between Snipexe and CadCom. Between the two, I find CadCom more suspicious, based on his interactions with Lumgol. The reasons behind the arguments against Snipexe seem flimsy at best. I can fully understand not wanting to take the gun in the end, just because of the attached risk.

CadCom

Edited by Elandera
Added what's in parenthesis. I realized the original sentence sounded very harsh >.<