AonEne

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Shana handed him the coin and added. "I sent you a picture. Our spren painted. The coin is Cup's." She sighed, shook her head. "I'm not sure about sleeping either." looking over her shoulder for Ben leaned against his doorframe. "What is it? I've never seen something like that before." Maybe Ben would know. He was smart, he knew things and he knew how to create.

“Thanks,” Rob said and placed the coin in his pocket, where Cup could hang around and talk to it. “I must have left it behind when the Voidbringers attacked.” And a picture? That was cool, Rob would look at it tomorrow. Or maybe tonight, deond8ng on him if he still couldn’t get any sleep.

As he fell silent he looked at Shana’s gaze at the sphere. Contrary to most other people, Rob never perceived silences as awkward. He was used to silence. You could learn a lot from the silence. From observation. Of spren, of the world, of people. And Rob was quiet and solitary enough his observation did him good. Though he rarely commented.

“Is everything alright?” He asked, tucking away the dark sphere into his other pocket. Dark magics, dangerous to be around.

“These last few nights have been tough on you, I’m sure. All of the Voidbringers. But don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll lessen in time. They always do after a large invasion, remember?” His voice had the same impassive tone it always did, though his shoulders lowered slightly, his posture becoming subtly softer and less rigid.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You shouldn't keep it. Let's destroy it." Shana made a weak gesture towards the marble and took a deep, shaking breath at his next question. "Nothing is alright. I am a killer. A monster. I poison good things and I destroy them completely."

It felt strange to spreak about it, to even word it. And yet, it felt good. Incredibly good. Because it was true. She was ruining everything. Her relationship with Ben, her friendship with Rob. Cassie. All on her plate. And she didn't want to anymore. She didn't want to set things aflame to cause nightmares for her friends. She wanted to be liked and loved and she wanted for things to stay that way. She was so lound, so emotional, always keeping everybody occupied. but in the end she needed what Ben had offered. A shoulder to lean on, someone who was able to calm her down, to balance her out. And in the end, she would destroy Ben as well. On a whim, because she felt like it. "I am afraid that I loose you, that I loose everybody here. And it drives me crazy."

She fell silent, shook her head. "Did your dreams stop?" She asked quietly. "The ones you had, after our - training?"

Edited by Sorana

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

She fell silent, shook her head. "Did your dreams stop?" She asked quietly. "The ones you had, after our - training?"

“No,” Rob said, blunt and straightforward. Wait, was that the wrong answer? She had been talking about fear, that she poisoned good things, fear of loosing him, everyone. It was definitely the wrong answer to comfort her. But, oh well. It would be worse to lie to her. Truth was the best medicine.

“You are not a monster,” he said bluntly too, stared at her. “A killer, yeah. But so am I. I stabbed a Voidbringer with a piece of his own cloak, watched him bleed out, saw the fear. I would say there is nothing wrong with killing, but there is. There’s a lot wrong with killing. But you aren’t alone, know that. We all will support you.”

Remembering something he raised a hand. “And you don’t poison anything. And you won’t loose anyone, so don’t worry. You underestimate your value. Without you? The house wouldn’t be the same.” Bringing a hand to his chest he gestured to himself. 

“And I’m a Stoneward, you couldn’t loose me even if you tried,” he joked.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Remembering something he raised a hand. “And you don’t poison anything. And you won’t loose anyone, so don’t worry. You underestimate your value. Without you? The house wouldn’t be the same.” Bringing a hand to his chest he gestured to himself. 

“And I’m a Stoneward, you couldn’t loose me even if you tried,” he joked.

Shana nodded, smiled at this joke. "That's good. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you." She replied honestly and pushed all thoughts of Ashlyn aside. Maybe it didn't mean that she would have to loose him. Maybe it only meant sharing. And she could deal with sharing. Her hands brushed over each other, the skin raw and tense, and she sighed. "What a mess. Sometimes I wish things were easier, and that I can be a normal fifteen year-old girl with nothing to worry about but her boyfriend. And then I think, that it would be boring."

Tell him again that she was sorry about his dreams? No. He knew and there was nothing she could do to change it anyway. It had happened. That she hadn't intended to, was a different matter. "I should go." She said quietly. "It's late and school won't wait for these things."

sorry if that's abrupt. I've got so much more to write, but everybody is waiting, so I decided to push it off for now.

That’s fine :)

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Tell him again that she was sorry about his dreams? No. He knew and there was nothing she could do to change it anyway. It had happened. That she hadn't intended to, was a different matter. "I should go." She said quietly. "It's late and school won't wait for these things."

“You’re right,” Rob said. School never waited. Reality was often at odds with their abilities.

“Tomorrow’s the moment of truth. My debating speech,” he said, closing the door slowly. “Wish me luck.”

Closing the door, he stopped half way through. “And don’t worry about anything happening to me. I’ll be fine.” And with that the door shut, and Rob once again switched off the lights, collapsed onto his mattress again. This time, he had no trouble sleeping when Cup was beside him, the dark sphere still in his pocket, pulsing...

I think this should be good without a response.

Evelyn couldn’t make herself sleep that night. She knew she should, but she just … couldn’t. She eventually gave in and switched on the light, intending to read her book, but she realized she’d left it downstairs. Sighing, she headed downstairs to grab her book, flicking on the occasional light so she wouldn’t bump into anything, but keeping as many off as she could so as not to disturb anyone. She found the books on the couch where she’d left them, but something made her turn and look out the window. There was a figure there, sitting on the ground. Evelyn’s thoughts immediately turned to voidbringers, but it didn’t look right. On closer inspection, it turned out to be Nym. She must not have been able to sleep either.

Evelyn shrugged, grabbed a couple of blankets as well as the books, and headed out. She could head back in if Nym didn’t want company, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to otherwise. Besides, it looked cold, and blankets were always nice. Especially fuzzy ones. Those were the best.

She sat down next to Nym and silently handed her one of the fuzzy blankets, the book Nym had been reading, and a quick smile. It was good to have company, even if they didn’t talk.

1 hour ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn couldn’t make herself sleep that night. She knew she should, but she just … couldn’t. She eventually gave in and switched on the light, intending to read her book, but she realized she’d left it downstairs. Sighing, she headed downstairs to grab her book, flicking on the occasional light so she wouldn’t bump into anything, but keeping as many off as she could so as not to disturb anyone. She found the books on the couch where she’d left them, but something made her turn and look out the window. There was a figure there, sitting on the ground. Evelyn’s thoughts immediately turned to voidbringers, but it didn’t look right. On closer inspection, it turned out to be Nym. She must not have been able to sleep either.

Evelyn shrugged, grabbed a couple of blankets as well as the books, and headed out. She could head back in if Nym didn’t want company, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to otherwise. Besides, it looked cold, and blankets were always nice. Especially fuzzy ones. Those were the best.

She sat down next to Nym and silently handed her one of the fuzzy blankets, the book Nym had been reading, and a quick smile. It was good to have company, even if they didn’t talk.

Nym nodded her gratitude.  Even though she still couldn't get the image of the bodies on the floor out of her head, she read the book.  Hoping that Evelyn hadn't heard her singing softly.  She and Evelyn waited out the night, not really speaking to eachother, just sitting in companionable silence.  Soon, it was dawn. @Hope Spren

Edited by Aragorn

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Huh, interesting. That means we have the same timezone.

Edwin woke up the next morning to the sound of his alarm clock, having slept for eight hours and feeling about ten minutes of them. Why was he so tired?

Oh, right. Memories from the day before came as his sleepiness faded. It seemed really abstract now. Preparations for a wedding, a battle right outside the house, his first killing, and then just training like any other day? If it wasn't for the fact that all the others were there to corroborate it, he would think it had been a dream.

"Good morning." he told Twin as he got dressed and out of the room, wishing for another eight hours to sleep. He didn't really look forward to school today, or to all the decisions they would have to make, but at least that would be a distraction from other things. Those red eyes going out before him.

Edwin walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, wondering if he was the only one up. He wouldn't blame the others if they decided to sleep in but he wasn't doing so well in school as it was. Looking for excuses to skip it probably wasn't a good idea.

Nym sighed and went inside, hearing the first people waking up and walking around.  She came into the kitchen, having not slept that night.  She remembered the Aon Evelyn had drawn and went back outside to ask her if she could do it again.  "Hey, will you draw that Aon again, the one that erased any sleepiness?" @Hope Spren

Shana woke early in the morning and quietly stole herself out of Ben's room. No use waking him, before it was neccessary. As every morning she headed to her room and fetch her yoga mat, then started her day with half an hour of doing nothing but moving through the different asanas, and finished her routine with a couple of nice stretches. She felt better afterwards, awake, although the short night had left a stale taste in her mouth.

She headed to the bathroom, showered again and then stared at herself in the mirror, wondered if those in her class might see what had happened last night. The amount of people she'd killed yesterday. She wondered if they knew, that she had been in hospital, sometimes news travelled fast, and there was no way nobody had written an article of some sorts about the abduction or whatever the police had agreed upon. If they knew, they would ask questions, questions she couldn't answer. Closing her eyes for a moment, she opened them again and then pulled her hair back and dressed.

Walking downstairs she headed into the kitchen and found a couple of others already up and awake. "Good morning." She greeted them and looked for a bowl and a spoon. "Nobody has an idea how to elegantly skipped the whole day?" She asked, tried to keep her tone light to cover up on the fact, that she hated going to school. At least she had some training later on.

On 11/24/2019 at 7:57 PM, Aragorn said:

Nym sighed and went inside, hearing the first people waking up and walking around.  She came into the kitchen, having not slept that night.  She remembered the Aon Evelyn had drawn and went back outside to ask her if she could do it again.  "Hey, will you draw that Aon again, the one that erased any sleepiness?"

Evelyn had stood and started folding the blankets. She looked up as Nym approached, flashing a tired smile. "Yeah, sure thing. Couple of things, though, I'm not sure how long it'll last, and I'll need to grab the paper for it from inside first. I don't know it well enough to draw it from memory yet." She yawned. "I could probably use it, too. Did you know there's supposed to be school today?"

On 24/11/2019 at 11:38 PM, Sorana said:

Walking downstairs she headed into the kitchen and found a couple of others already up and awake. "Good morning." She greeted them and looked for a bowl and a spoon. "Nobody has an idea how to elegantly skipped the whole day?" She asked, tried to keep her tone light to cover up on the fact, that she hated going to school. At least she had some training later on.

"You could always call and say you're sick. I just hope not everyone has the same idea, I might sleep through half the classes." said Edwin putting butter on a piece of toast.

Cassie had read books where a character woke up and had a moment of blissful ignorance before the immediate past hit them again. She got none of that bliss. Her nightmares had almost been lucid, with her first wandering around an endless expanse of solid green; then she’d spotted Ben, like in the Sha-thoexis dream, but this time he was kneeling over a dead Voidbringer - and then dead Voidbringers were everywhere, and Rob was doing his thing to get rid of them. The Radiants had all stayed standing as if the ground wasn’t liquid, but Cassie had fallen through, hearing James and Shana whisper that she wasn’t a real Radiant anymore as she fell, and then she had landed on green obsidian and was staring up at the face of - 

And she’d woken up with Joy’s scratched-out eyes superimposed on her vision. 

Cass lay there, blinking quickly to erase the image like you would if you’d stared at a lightbulb for too long. Her breaths came one after the other and she felt hot; she shoved off her blankets and sat up. Too fast. Dots were sprinkled blackly into her vision, and she fell back on the mattress, where she flopped over and pressed her face into the pillow. 

She was not ready to live through today. To get up and be an example and go to work - ugh, work. She enjoyed helping out in the library, but after yesterday...and the night before that...there was a noise buried in the back of her throat and she didn’t know if it was a sob or a scream. Either way, she shouldn’t let anyone else hear it - she had to be the woman who could drive people to school, dry-eyed. 

Mornings are only hard at the start. Come on, get up. Mom had said that to her. Why had it been such a long time since Cassie had thought about her mothers in depth? 

She shoved herself out of bed and started getting ready. In ten minutes, she was downstairs, yawning and picking up an apple as she surveyed the kids who’d already made it. 

Edited by Ookla the Roleplayer
The letter a -_-

Sahar woke up to clatter coming from throughout the house. Ugh... why, school? she thought. She peeled herself off the couch she barely remembered collapsing onto... (she did the math) about four hours ago. She was going to kill Spool. Somehow. Where was that girl she'd pulled from the dust yesterday? Sahar thought she'd recognized her from school, in the younger grades.

39 minutes ago, WannabeWorldhopper said:

Sahar thought she'd recognized her from school, in the younger grades. 

So I could be wrong here, but I thought they were both from two different places, neither of them here? 

14 hours ago, Ookla the Evil Penguin said:

"You could always call and say you're sick. I just hope not everyone has the same idea, I might sleep through half the classes." said Edwin putting butter on a piece of toast.

"That doesn't change the fact, that I'm failing a part of my classes." Shana started to eat breakfast and shook her head. "Actually it changes nothing. Not that I killed, not that I fear that know about the hospital and might wonder I'm back to walking, and definitely not that I'm sure I messed up maths completely."

Cassie entered the room and she looked about as bad as Shana felt, picked up an apple. "Good morning Cass." She greeted her and forced a smile on her face. "I'm actually surprised by how many made it downstairs. Maybe we should wake the rest up, we can't excuse half of the house can we?" Her attempt to add a little light heartedness to the situation feeled forced, but she felt better for trying. "I heard, today they have cheesecake in the cafeteria."