Fantasy World planning

xinoehp512

1 hour ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

I say we all agree now that unless the majority of the rp agrees. No more time jumps. As I kinda started this mess I'd like to apologize for that.

Alright. I still have no clue where I am in relation to the rest.

5 minutes ago, kenod said:

Alright. I still have no clue where I am in relation to the rest.

If you want to continue on to the tavern, @Invocation and I are still there. We can time-skip so that it's morning, and we've met (presumably the previous night), and are hanging out. The tavern owner is going to be asking about her runner boy, so someone will need to be there to start putting together the disappearance.

4 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

If you want to continue on to the tavern, @Invocation and I are still there. We can time-skip so that it's morning, and we've met (presumably the previous night), and are hanging out. The tavern owner is going to be asking about her runner boy, so someone will need to be there to start putting together the disappearance.

Could work, since Turtle hasn't really been online, so I haven't been able to move.

8 minutes ago, kenod said:

Huh, he has disappeared? (guessing you're talking about the kid doing the advertising?)

Yes, unsure whether or not I'm going to make him dead, I might NPC him to give some kind of idea of what's hunting people. Either way, Fritz is absent from duty and the tavern owner will be asking Aldred to go look for him eventually.

Edited by ZincAboutIt

17 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

So are they more like rivers, or lakes? What happens at places that aren't on a ley line? 

The ley lines are like rivers and the places where they cross (ley nodes) are like lakes. Though it's best to see this as an analogy, not as something you can actually see in the spiritual or cognitive realm. Places that aren't on a ley line will still have some ambient investure I guess, but things don't manifest as quickly as on ley nodes (ley lines also don't really influence stuff, the Investure flows too much).

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Yes, unsure whether or not I'm going to make him dead, I might NPC him to give some kind of idea of what's hunting people. Either way, Fritz is absent from duty and the tavern owner will be asking Aldred to go look for him eventually.

Alright, hadn't noticed that it happened.

4 minutes ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Uh remember the signs of dead folks @Vargo Seldon kept finding?

I do, but I hadn't noticed the kid had vanished as well. I thought they were just random dead people.

Just now, kenod said:

Alright, hadn't noticed that it happened.

I do, but I hadn't noticed the kid had vanished as well. I thought they were just random dead people.

I just figured it would be a relevant way to get people to start asking more pointed questions about the vague rumors of missing people. However, if we want to plot it differently, he can simply be a lazy boy who got distracted and then wanders back in later :P 

I just figured it would be a relevant way to get people to start asking more pointed questions about the vague rumors of missing people. However, if we want to plot it differently, he can simply be a lazy boy who got distracted and then wanders back in later :P 

Alright. Is there a place to sleep at the tavern btw? I think I read something about it, but I'm not sure what it was anymore.

Just now, kenod said:

Alright. Is there a place to sleep at the tavern btw? I think I read something about it, but I'm not sure what it was anymore.

Yeah there are rooms above the bar, also Mutig slept in an old stable under the tavern that is used to hold old ale casks. So indoor or outdoor options are available, depending.

1 minute ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Yeah there are rooms above the bar, also Mutig slept in an old stable under the tavern that is used to hold old ale casks. So indoor or outdoor options are available, depending.

Alright, thanks.

1 hour ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

I say we all agree now that unless the majority of the rp agrees. No more time jumps. As I kinda started this mess I'd like to apologize for that.

Sounds good to me.

Just now, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Uh remember the signs of dead folks @Vargo Seldon kept finding?

Yeah I saw in the op that people were disappearing from the slums, so I wanted to RP that.

29 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Whenever Aldred is asked to help find the kid, make sure either Aldred comes and gets Janim or Janim can overhear, because that's pretty much an irresistible pull to them.

I'll make sure they are involved in the hearing! I'm thinking once everyone starts filtering back, it'll be closer to midday, and Liezl will be getting genuinely worried about where the kid is, instead of just annoyed.

I'll make sure they are involved in the hearing! I'm thinking once everyone starts filtering back, it'll be closer to midday, and Liezl will be getting genuinely worried about where the kid is, instead of just annoyed.

Alright nice! I just had to ask to make sure I would know about it in time, since I won't be able to check the Shard as regularly as normal over the next few days.

1 minute ago, Invocation said:

Alright nice! I just had to ask to make sure I would know about it in time, since I won't be able to check the Shard as regularly as normal over the next few days.

I'll be sure to tag you when the conversation starts heading towards that point, so you can come in and become involved in a way that makes sense.

20 hours ago, kenod said:

Could work, since Turtle hasn't really been online, so I haven't been able to move.

yeah sorry about that, I couldn't really get on this weekend , should I just say that Chadwick slept in the stable the last night, and then have him come out and talk to people?

On 3/25/2019 at 2:56 PM, kenod said:

The ley lines are like rivers and the places where they cross (ley nodes) are like lakes. Though it's best to see this as an analogy, not as something you can actually see in the spiritual or cognitive realm. Places that aren't on a ley line will still have some ambient investure I guess, but things don't manifest as quickly as on ley nodes (ley lines also don't really influence stuff, the Investure flows too much).

If the lines are like rivers, and the nodes are like lakes, then is there an ocean analog? If not, where does the power flow to? What makes it flow to specific locations in the first place? How many people live on high-power ley lines? How much power differential is there, really? Do any ley lines flow through Roshek? 

Sorry for all the questions.

38 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If the lines are like rivers, and the nodes are like lakes, then is there an ocean analog? If not, where does the power flow to? What makes it flow to specific locations in the first place? How many people live on high-power ley lines? How much power differential is there, really? Do any ley lines flow through Roshek? 

Sorry for all the questions.

I don't think there's really an ocean analog. The power doesn't really flow to or from any specific place, it just flows around, feeding into different ley lines, which in turn feed back into the original ley lines. The only way Investure is removed from the ley lines is if it manifests in the physical world, either through creating Natural magic things or forming Crystals. And when those are destroyed or used, the power would just flow back into the nearest ley line.

As for people living on ley lines, probably a fair amount, given that ley lines tend to follow natural land marks and locations with a lot of life, but they wouldn't really notice it (except for Yin Innates), since the ley lines can't manifest any effects.

As for power differential, I'd say the center of the ley line (at least for the powerful ones) would probably have a large differential with areas without ley lines (or those with only small ones), but I'd say they probably cover a large area, spreading out the power and making it taper off gradually.

As for Roshek, probably, since it's on a big river. Again, normally there wouldn't be any noticeable effects though.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

@ZincAboutIt With thorstein and liezel Im going to try to have him use this as a big moment to show enchanting on screen, it may take a number of posts though. Are you alright with liezel being held up for a while? or do you need them?

Do you mind it if Lilia watches?

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

@ZincAboutIt With thorstein and liezel Im going to try to have him use this as a big moment to show enchanting on screen, it may take a number of posts though. Are you alright with liezel being held up for a while? or do you need them?

Feel free to godmod her around as you like. Can Aldred watch too? He'll be very interested especially since he doesn't have too much experience with Ritualists.