26 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

Is this going to be based solely on Cosmere material? All of his published works? Or anything he's ever written, published or not? 

I would assume just based on published Cosmere material, but I would bet the puzzles might require at least a basic background knowledge of WoBs. I would ask @MetaTerminal for clarification though.

2 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

Is this going to be based solely on Cosmere material? All of his published works? Or anything he's ever written, published or not? 

It’s based solely on his published works - nothing with a spoiler ban (Skyward) or that most people wouldn’t have read (Aether of the Night, etc). You will see non-Cosmere puzzles (most of them in the first round, which I will again explain at a later date). I would say that the focus is on the Cosmere, especially during later rounds. In terms of spoilers - some puzzles might spoil certain stories. Most won’t. @Karnatheon

The response to this has been phenomenal, and we’ve got more than enough people to start putting teams together. I’m going to leave signups open for at least another 24 hours - if you’re interested, but haven’t signed up yet, please do so within that timeframe. I wouldn’t want anyone to get snubbed.

Signups are still currently open, and should be for another day or so. Once I get confirmation from everyone about teams, signups will close and the hunt will (hopefully) begin.

To everyone: please confirm that you're happy with the team that you're in, that you're happy with the balance, or highlight anyone you want to be in a team with that you're not with currently. Feel free to contact me via PM if you don't want to air it in the thread.

Team selections are random: the only thing I did was shuffle people who highlighted workload issues so they wouldn't all end up in the same team.

Team 1:

• Turtle373
  • xinoehp
  • #Voidapple (Ark1002)
  • RShara
  • MistCLOAKed Mountains

Team 2:

• Silva
  • Dr. Dapper
  • Karnatheon
  • Invocation
  • Wyndlerunner
Team 3:
  • Rhapsody
  • Sorana
  • NotarySojac
  • StrikerEZ
  • ITIAH
Team 4:
  • Jaywalk
  • Furamirionind
  • Xavier Iriate
  • Nohadon
  • Luckat

Team 5:

• Alvron
  • whattheHoid
  • ExaltedDungeonMaster
  • Blessed peace
  • Rebecca

Team 6:

• MostLikelyHuman
  • Snipexe
  • Silverblade
  • 2 off-site solvers

Apologies if you signed up but aren't in a team - I think I got everyone but it's entirely possible that I missed someone. Just let me know and I'll slot you in with a team.

Edited by MetaTerminal

24 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

*Sees that teammates have requested a copy of Aether of Night*

*Requests for a copy of Aether*

*Sees a bunch of other people from other teams also having requested it*

Phew, hopefully I will be prepared! : )

Er...

*requests Aether as well*

32 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

I'm in.

Sure thing. I’ll add you to one of the existing teams (possibly @MostLikelyHuman’s) - do you have a preference?

(EDIT: same with @Snipexe, as well.)

Edited by MetaTerminal

The Death part was a joke. We will, unfortunately, not have the Grim Reaper joining us in this Sanderson Puzzle Hunt. Although if you know him personally feel free to give him a bell and ask if he’s interested.

@Snipexe and @Silverblade5, you’ll be joining MostLikelyHuman’s team, alongside a few non-17th Shard solvers. I’ll update the team listing to reflect this.

6 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Unpublished works won’t be part of it, right?

Not as far as I’ve currently planned them - in fact, I haven’t read any of the unpublished manuscripts as of now. My opinion on this is somewhat the same as the site has on spoiler suppression - if it’s unreasonable to expect teams to have read something, there won’t be puzzles on it.

3 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Will they be making shard accounts for this?

You’ll have to coordinate with MostLikely - however, I will be providing each team with a Google Doc that I highly recommend you use, and you will be able to communicate with them through that.