The Forge

Karnatheon

7 hours ago, Silva said:

The small boy took a deep breath before knocking on the door of the forge. He shifted his weight nervously as he waited for someone to open it. In his hand was a small slip of folded green paper. The last part of his job.

Alask nodded. “Yeah, it’ll seem that way.” He heard the knock, and walked towards the door, still talking to Amon. “But even if it will be good to undermine the guilds, if they ever decide to actually fight back?” He stopped and looked to his red-haired friend. “They’ll destroy us. They have way more funding, and weapons, and everything. So if we ever want to undermine the government, maybe send posters or something.”

He turned and opened the door, and saw another little boy. “Hi,” he said. “How are you? The Man who Fixes is unfortunately not here to give autographs today. Anything else you needed?”

"Er..." he said hesitantly. "I'm supposed to give this to you. Or well, anyone here." He held out the green paper, arm a little unsteady from nerves.

The outside, seen without unfolding anything:

Spoiler

If you are not the intended receiver of this paper, you probably know you aren’t. In that case, do note that the young boy who was carrying this message is completely innocent and doesn’t know anything. Don’t harm him in any way please. Also, it would be nice if you would let it get to where it was meant to go. Thanks.

The inside:

Spoiler

To whomever it may concern,

Word on the street has it that you wish to help repair the city after almost two decades. A noble goal, but without the help of the people themselves, there’s no way to finish a project like that any time soon. You can enlist the help of as many groups as you want - it won’t change the honest truth of the matter. Which is why I convinced Adoda it would be a good idea to reach out to you, despite the complications. Both of us want the best for the people. The only major difference is that we try to reach out to the people directly, while you try to work around them.

We may be able to help one another out,  if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Lin, co-writer of the Adolin Papers

And on the back in small lettering:

Spoiler

Tavern, ask for room 4

15 hours ago, Silva said:

"Er..." he said hesitantly. "I'm supposed to give this to you. Or well, anyone here." He held out the green paper, arm a little unsteady from nerves.

The outside, seen without unfolding anything:

Reveal hidden contents

If you are not the intended receiver of this paper, you probably know you aren’t. In that case, do note that the young boy who was carrying this message is completely innocent and doesn’t know anything. Don’t harm him in any way please. Also, it would be nice if you would let it get to where it was meant to go. Thanks.

The inside:

Reveal hidden contents

To whomever it may concern,

Word on the street has it that you wish to help repair the city after almost two decades. A noble goal, but without the help of the people themselves, there’s no way to finish a project like that any time soon. You can enlist the help of as many groups as you want - it won’t change the honest truth of the matter. Which is why I convinced Adoda it would be a good idea to reach out to you, despite the complications. Both of us want the best for the people. The only major difference is that we try to reach out to the people directly, while you try to work around them.

We may be able to help one another out,  if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Lin, co-writer of the Adolin Papers

And on the back in small lettering:

Reveal hidden contents

Tavern, ask for room 4

Alask took the paper, noting the green colour. He knew where this came from. On his nightly patrols around the ruins, he’d spotted one or two of the posters around. Folding it out and reading it, he ran a hand through his hair, thinking. “Well, you can have my autograph,” he said distractedly to the boy, walking away to get his coat from the stand and putting it on.

The door was still open, and Alask used the natural light to see himself in the mirror. Meh. Presentable, at least. He tidied himself up, brushed dust off of his shoulders and turned to Amon. “I’m seeing some people who want us for a meeting. Wanna come?” He walked over and waited by the door.

@Steel Inquisitive

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask took the paper, noting the green colour. He knew where this came from. On his nightly patrols around the ruins, he’d spotted one or two of the posters around. Folding it out and reading it, he ran a hand through his hair, thinking. “Well, you can have my autograph,” he said distractedly to the boy, walking away to get his coat from the stand and putting it on.

The door was still open, and Alask used the natural light to see himself in the mirror. Meh. Presentable, at least. He tidied himself up, brushed dust off of his shoulders and turned to Amon. “I’m seeing some people who want us for a meeting. Wanna come?” He walked over and waited by the door.

@Steel Inquisitive

Amon sighed, "don't have anything else to do ." He said as he followed Alask out the door.

@I think I am here.

On 2/12/2019 at 0:19 PM, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

"OK, good to know. Could I have a normal one then?" he asked.

"Certainly. Just let me take some measurements here." Laonin said, pulling out a measuring tape and checking the length of Vtlikv's arms.

Several hours later, Laonin returned with a newly forged Greatsword, sized perfectly for Vtlikv. "Here you are." 

1 hour ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

"Out off shear curiosity, have you heard about the new government?" Vtlikv asked.

"I've heard of it, yes. I don't put much stock in it though. The guilds are what caused all our problems, I don't think they're going to be the ones to fix them." Laonin replied.

11 hours ago, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

"Another question," Vtlikv said. "I plan to goon an adventure of some sort. Where should I go to find one?"

"I'm not rightly certain. I heard about some people exploring the Other Side of the World, the Northern Sea. And there's a Tavern full of people. Got to be plenty of excitement there."

• 4 weeks later...

Veil awoke. He sat up and looked around. He wasn't exactly sure where he was or what was happening. Last he remembered he had passed out and was having Ishek watch over his body. Something must have happened that kept him unconscious for much longer than normal. Veil sat there, pondering what could've happened. 

Erm, sorry I've been inactive for so long. What's happened? 

• 1 month later...

~a long while later~

The iron door that had once adorned the Forge, kept it safe was now rusted. Windows were boarded over and the neighborhood was starting to once again look worn. It had been chaos and ruins before Laonin had arrived, and with him gone and no one maintaining and protecting this sector of AlleyCity it was slowly returning to its roots.

Alask walked through the neighbourhood, keeping an eye on the alleys. When he arrived at the Forge he heaved open the rusted door and entered, switching on a light. The place smelled like metal and smoke, but the interior had remained untouched but dusty from a long stretch of abandonment.

“This is what we have so far,” he said, turning to look at Lena, to judge her reaction.

“That, and the neighbourhood. They sort of like us, but with Laonin gone they’ve grown kind of indifferent.” He scratched his head.

@Sorana

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“This is what we have so far,” he said, turning to look at Lena, to judge her reaction.

“That, and the neighbourhood. They sort of like us, but with Laonin gone they’ve grown kind of indifferent.” He scratched his head.

Lena was quiet for a while, looked around. She remembered how the place had looked after their heist over a year ago. When she'd agreed to come along she hadn't expected this ruin. Her first instinct was to turn around, leave him alone, search for Lita and be done with all of this, then she sighed.

"What is your goal?"

She asked him and took a look around the room. The good thing was, if the people here liked him, nobody would suspect her, when she used some of them. Her eyes moved back to Alask, observed him as he stood admist the ruins of his life a year before.

I might switch character at one point. Depends on how it evolves.

On 30/04/2019 at 8:06 PM, Sorana said:

I might switch character at one point. Depends on how it evolves.

Sure.

“Goal?” Alask asked, sensing her disappointment. He walked over to the large workman’s desk in the centre of the main room. It seemed not too long ago, when he’d been lead here by a Laonin, meeting with the other ragtag members, united only by wanting a better AlleyCity.

“Recruitment,” Alask said, looking to Lena again. “I wasn’t really expecting this,” he said quickly, apologetically, gesturing around to the Forge. “But, I’m sure it will get better, we just need more people, clean up this place, and we’re back in business.” He smiled.

Slowly and carefully, a shadow pulled itself out of a nearby alleyway. Who was this? Not Nekorb, he knew- but one of Nekorb's friends. Maybe he would know where Nekorb was.

He took another step towards the house, hand slightly raised.

Edited by xinoehp512