Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

If there are going to be spoilers of WoR then I'm going to have to leave this game.

There shouldn't be. I, especially will avoid them and will try to enforce a nonspoiler policy. There will be some things that might be better appreciated if you have read it but there won't be any spoilers.

Also, a rule I neglected to mention earlier, Days will be 48 hours long and nights will be 24 hours long.

Mailliw73: Thank you for clarifying the rules ;) I get it now. Just two more clarifications:

1. You mentioned in the rules that we can give an item to another player in the day but it has to be public. As that takes the place of a vote, does it have to be coloured as well?

2. Do actions stack? I was thinking of this:

A uses Shardblade to try to kill B.

C has a Soulcaster and uses it to target A's action and transfer that to D.

Meanwhile, E has an emotion bracelet and uses it to check A. Would E be told that A tried to kill D, or would E be told that A tried to kill B?

And whoa, everyone else sure is taking this organisation thing seriously :o

Edit: I'm going to try to stop stacking edits, sorry. The questions just keep coming...and my newness shows!

Edited by Kasimir

A little less than two days left to sign up!

Also, you guys might want to RP a place to meet. There isn't a pub or city square established like there was in other games.

I'd say somewhere in the Merchant camp if no-one else has any better ideas. Though being that we're all supposed to be lighteyes I guess the palace is also an option, We'd just have to wonder what a Lighteyed Dirt salesman and a tenth dahn citizen are doing in there though (no-offense). Actually that would probably make it more interesting. So I say somewhere in the palace, maybe a hall.

Edited by Aspren

There could technically be some WoR spoilers in here, maybe. So if you just want to be safe, don't read it. It's nothing important.

The Gambler stood on cliff, overlooking the palace where the individuals he was sent to watch were gathering. Everything was still so strange to him. He knew he shouldn't be alive, he remembered the betrayal and the pain of the knife driving into his skin. He remembered dying, and the apology from the Mists, and the intense sorrow it felt at not being able to preserve him.

But where the Mists had failed, the Stranger had succeeded. Gambles still didn't know who he was, or what he wanted, or how he had even done, but all he knew is he had brought him back to life. Gambles couldn't even begin to calculate the odds of that sort of luck. So he would do what this man wanted of him. In this strange land, with a sun that wasn't red, many smaller, different color suns that were in the sky at night, a never ending rocky terrain and even rockier creatures and plants. The only thing stranger than the wildlife on this planet was the weather.

"Watch and report, the man said." He whispered to himself. "And that's exactly what I'm going to do. But rust and ruin he could have sent me somewhere nicer."

OOC: So this is me officially not signing up for this game. :blink:
 With the new Mod-rotation cycle, I'm going to go ahead and sit this one out, to remain impartial. And who better to do that with than my first Elimination character ever? ;)

So if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me or Wilson (since Meta will be in the game, we'll leave him be and let him stay immersed in it and have fun.) Oh, and don't worry, Gambles will not be haunting or anything, this will be my only post in this thread.

Have a great game, everybody!

@Mailliw73

Ok, I took a closer look at the rules today in preparation for the game's beginning, and I have a few comments/questions.

Approximately how many Ghostbloods will there be? About 1/5, like in the last game?

Will the game start with at least one person having each item? It kind of has to, doesn't it?

Will anyone start with totally normal roles?

I was assuming it was only one action per night, but something you said seemed to indicate we had three. Please clarify.

I'm a little concerned about the spanreed role. Whoever has it will automatically be identified, and the thief can steal it right away. But then it is kind of useless, because the thief cannot use it without identifying him or herself, and then if is used it disappears and is of no use to the game. I suggest whoever has the spanreed should tell the GM who they want to put in a PM and then the GM should start it, so that it is easier to stay hidden. However, the spanreed holder must still he in the PMs, to it is not impossible for him or her to be identified.

More simply, will 3:00 MST be the rollover time for the whole game?

Sorry if the spanreed question is a little confusing. I might be over thinking that role a bit. :)

What the heck, I'll join. I'm... Dang it, I'm having a difficult time figuring out a character name. Okay, let's use the other account name.

I'm Saritu, a wine merchant from House Kholin. I am the one who orders all the different shades of wine for our distinguished guests. Heck, I've even had a few rounds with the Blackthorn himself. Gentleman, who wants a drink?

Hopefully the GM doesn't kill me this time.. :P 

As to where the meeting place should be, I think the palace would make a wonderful location. Maybe every end to a night/day is a meeting in the palace to weather out a highstorm? This gives a reason for everyone to be together even of lower dahns. 

Wurm, are you wanting to change your name?

There will be a similar amount of Ghostbloods in this game as there have been in past ones.

Yes. Each item will be in existence at the beginning of the game. But that doesn't mean that it couldn't disappear later.

It is possible that players can start with no items or roles.

There are three types of actions one can take at night; one for each type of item. A player may take up to three of those actions per cycle. A use of an Attack item is one, a use of a defense item is one, and a use of a class two item is one. Any of those can be exchanged for a special ability like the GB kill or spy/thief role. Ex: Someone may use a Shardblade, Shardplate, and a Reverser in the same cycle. But if a Spy uses their spying abilities, they can only use two of the above. Does that make sense?

I don't think the thief would want to steal a Spanreed soon at all. If they did so and used it, it would become easily apparent who the thief is. And they can be of either faction. As of now, the Spanreed will stay as it is with the holder making the pm and including me in it, but if I see good reason to change it, I might.

Also, creating the pm message takes up one of those night actions, but responding to it does not.

Around 3:00-4:00 MDT will be the rollover time. It might vary from day to day but it will be around there.

Further clarification on the Artifabrian role: the Artifabrian cannot give themselves an item.

Thanks for all the clarifications so far, Mailliw73!

I think I asked this upthread, and I hope it's ok if I bump it: Very briefly, if someone's action has been changed through Soulcasting and that person is examined with an emotion bracelet, will the emotion bracelet-holder see the original action or the changed action? Is there any way of knowing said person has been Soulcast?

Edited by Kasimir

I so want to join this game. I just found out about the Sanderson Elimination recently and have been keeping track of Game 4.

I'll be Cara a female ardent in Aladar's warcamp. She has been close to the Ardentia her entire life and is very devout.

The emotion bracelet tells you what action was taken, not who it was performed on, so the Soulcaster doesn't affect the bracelet.

Welcome, Cara and Saritus!

Is there anyone not on the player list on the OP? Or are there any other questions I didn't answer?

I'm going to do my RP in Journal entries this game. Also, how did the Vengeance pact start? Who was murdered by Szeth?

Chach, Nan, Nan 1173 EoS

Written by my Sister, Sani

I accidently left my Journal back home, so I guess I'll have to restart. I joined Amaram's Army in 1167, with my friend Abry, who is now dead. I had no family other than my Sister Sani, so we left together to try to make a living. about 3 years back in 1170, I saved my Lord Amaram's Life in battle, and again later from assassin's. In thanks, he let me use a Shardblade in my Next battle. It was glorious! Because of it, I have become a Lighteyes. of the 7th Dahn. Low yes, but I was born to the 6th Nahn. Since that day, I have served my Lord Amaram faithfully, and serve as his Liason and Messenger, and occasionally Champion. We left Alethkar almost a month ago, and are on our way to the Shattered plains.

Chach, Vev, Betab, 1173 EoS

Written by my Sister, Sani.

Well, we arrived at the Shattered plains today, and it's not what we expected. I expected a Massive army, the combined ranks of the greates Soldiers of Alethkar, together to fight the Parshendi. Instead, we arrived at one of ten camps. Apparently, the Highprinces are treating this War as another contest, to Prove the might of the Individual Highprinces to Our king, Lord Naladar. My lord Amaram Hopes to use us, the Elite soldiers of Highprince Sadeas, to tip the War in Alethkar's favor. But my lord is worried, he believes that there may be Agents of the Enemy here. I don't know who the Enemy is, but they have plagued My lord for nearly a Decade that I have heard of . Battar willing, we may be able to Win this War.

~Jost Joslin

Shardbearers: Any person who holds one or more shards can challenge someone during the day. That day, the votes can only be between those two people, the Shardbearer and their chosen opponent. This may only be used once per shard weapon.

This is what I meant to ask about. Is there a timeframe in which you have to declare this? Say in the first 12 or 24 hours of the day? Because triggering it at 1 hour before the day ends to make sure a certain person who had any number of votes that was more than you died would be a bit broken :P

Fun perhaps, but broken.

Wurm, are you wanting to change your name?

While it's tempting to remain the same just for ease of use, I think Wurum is better for a Roshar character. Means I can use Wurm later on as well.

This looks complicated. Should be interesting :D 

I would like to join as Lucal, one of Highprince Ruthar’s scribes.
I need to stop waiting for the last moment to join.
I have a few questions about the rules.

1. Are shardplate and half-shard passive like the Shardblade’s defense against a Pain Knife is? If someone is already using three actions, does the defense kick in? If so, which one of the three actions is negated?
2. If items change hands, do their uses reset, or does, for example, a Shardplate keep damage from previous users who were protected by it?
3. Regarding the Spanreed, you said starting a PM uses up a night action. Does this mean that the person can only start one PM per night, or does it mean that if they start any at all that costs an action, but they can start as many as they want that night? Can the PM’s continue beyond that night? If the person loses the Spanreed, what does that mean for the PM's that were started by them previously? What about if a PM is started during the day--does that cancel their vote, or is it a free action, or is that not allowed?
4. If someone nominates an heir, does it have to be publicly if it is done during the day like giving an item is? It is in private at night, right?
5. I am a little confused at the win conditions and the ending conditions. Does the game end when either the Ghostbloods are all dead or they outnumber the nobles? How exactly do the second goals work?