Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Sorry to post this here. I am trying to get added to the RE submission distribution list but it won't let me DM anyone (flags it as spam and doesn't send). Silk, if you see this could you DM me and hopefully I can reply with my email address?  Thanks!

----

Update: Resolved, thanks for your help @Mandamon and @Silk!

Edited by Warmacky

16 hours ago, Warmacky said:

Sorry to post this here. I am trying to get added to the RE submission distribution list but it won't let me DM anyone (flags it as spam and doesn't send). Silk, if you see this could you DM me and hopefully I can reply with my email address?  Thanks!

@Silk tagging to help out.

Submitting again for the 25th. This will be part 1 of part 9.

Unless...

If I'm the only one submitting, does anyone mind if I take up two sections and submit the whole section? It's about 9100 words total and can easily be broken into multiple sections while reading.

Only 4 parts left in the book and if I can do it this way, I'll be done mid-May.

3 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Submitting again for the 25th. This will be part 1 of part 9.

Unless...

If I'm the only one submitting, does anyone mind if I take up two sections and submit the whole section? It's about 9100 words total and can easily be broken into multiple sections while reading.

Only 4 parts left in the book and if I can do it this way, I'll be done mid-May.

I'd be fine with that. Anyone mind that, assuming of course that we have the free slots?

I'll have a slot for the 25th, please! 

And I know @Mandamon only suggested subbing twice if nobody else is taking a slot, but in general I'm fine bending the one sub per week rule so long as we're clear and consistent about when it's okay. Though if we want to stick to something more rigid that's fine too. 

8 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

I'll have a slot for the 25th, please! 

And I know @Mandamon only suggested subbing twice if nobody else is taking a slot, but in general I'm fine bending the one sub per week rule so long as we're clear and consistent about when it's okay. Though if we want to stick to something more rigid that's fine too. 

If everyone's alright with it, I can submit the whole thing this week and see how it goes. That would be four slots with you and @jamesbondsmith, which is still technically below the 5 sub limit. If we get anyone more, I'll only do half.

So it looks like we have @Mandamon (with two slots, unless anyone else wants to submit), @jamesbondsmith, and @Ace of Hearts for Monday.

Now that I think about it, we've actually talked about this a couple times before. I think the guidelines we came up with were:

• there has to be that many slots left
  • no more than two slots
  • if the submitter was working towards a submission/publication deadline

Goal was to allow people to take advantage of lulls/quiet periods if they needed to while still allowing those quiet periods to happen so people can catch up/have lives/etc. Does this still resonate with folks?

Well evidently the next section of my book has surpassed even my usual lengthy tendencies and is over 12k words long!

Would it be okay if I took two slots again on the 1st and submitted about 7800 words? The week after I could finish out the chapter with a section that's actually under the 5k limit.

If there's room, I'd like a slot next week.

I've got a weird longish-short story, right now clocking in about 8,000 words. So, maybe one this week and one next? Unless there are no other takers for next week and the group would prefer it in one go? 

Eitherway is good with me. I have no deadline or reason to rush :-)

1 hour ago, Sarah B said:

I've got a weird longish-short story, right now clocking in about 8,000 words. So, maybe one this week and one next? Unless there are no other takers for next week and the group would prefer it in one go? 

I'm fine with the whole thing, as long as no one else want to go for next week. Between the two of us, that would take up 4 slots.

Looks Iike we have @Mandamon for this week. Four slots left - any other takers? 

Incidentally, I’m going to be slow on critiquing for a while as I’m currently without a computer (there, uh, may have been an unfortunate incident with an overturned glass of water). This includes the stuff from last week which I’m only partially through. Sorry folks! 

Alright, I've got the last section of Mycelium ready for next week! This one is about 6000 words, but finishes off the book, if people don't mind. I've got some great insights so far, and I know where a lot of sections need to be beefed up. Thanks everyone for reading!

On 5/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, Mandamon said:

Alright, I've got the last section of Mycelium ready for next week! This one is about 6000 words, but finishes off the book, if people don't mind. I've got some great insights so far, and I know where a lot of sections need to be beefed up. Thanks everyone for reading!

Congrats on the last sub!

Any other takers for this week?

(Sorry for the late reply; apparently I only hallucinated hitting the "submit" button this morning...)

This is a kind of late reply, but I'd be happy to submit my first thing since there's so many empty slots. It's my first week though so maybe I should wait a bit before I submit?

Please advise...

If nobody replies, I'll just wait until later to submit stuff. :) 

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer