The Chat Thread

Archer

1 minute ago, Life&Death said:

Except me, I agree with Silva about hot chocolate being better then eggnog. 

Reveal hidden contents

And I’ve also never had eggnog. :ph34r:

We don't have that much money, guys. Calm down here.

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Are you trying to...
Plan?

In this thread?

N-No! Of course not! What kinda sicko would ever do that!?

*hides*

Edit: 2400th post.

Edited by Kidpen

We need a style guide for characters interacting with creators. The fourth wall is s far gone I'm not even sure if quote boxes are safe anymore. Comment below! Past or present tense, first or third person? Do quote boxes count as part of the RP (In the Hall thread)? 

Edited by Archer

So a sample conversation would be:

I woke up, threw some sweat pants on. Then I fed my cat and then I walked to the mini mart. 

"Yo, Archer!" Klo shouted. Give me some character development beyond slapstick!"

I just gave you that scene with the flying.

"That was one post. I deserve better."

Fine. Have an Alleyshard. Shoo!

I'm considering italicizing my conversations with my character, the parts where I address him, but now that I write it out past tense, first person will work well. So, let's go with that. And I guess we're not using quote boxes. 

Edited by Archer

Okay, let's talk about Avatar interaction here.

My picture of how this works: The real Authors live in the World. It is impossible for us, as mere partial ideas, to enter this real world. We can receive information from the outside world, but only what the Authors give us.

We live in the 17th shard. Our name is whatever our name is. (Ark/Hellbent/Badadah, you better make up your mind. I'm getting confused.) We oversee all of our Author's activities on the 17th shard. (Including all other RP's on this site. I call being the first person to go into an SE game, by the way.)

Okay, Archer's posted, better respond. I think that if you're talking to your character face to face, you should use quotation marks. If you're communicating directly to them, don't use quote boxes. If you're Speaking to the Thread, use quote boxes. Past tense, first person, definitely. But, of course, you don't have to do this. People might get mad at you if you don't, though, so be warned.

We create everything with Posts to the Threads. This makes it a bit awkward to talk sometimes, but we can usually retcon any issues.

Also, Alleyshards are primarily Badadah's idea, so I wouldn't use that as the end-all most powerful items. You could create your own, if you feel like it.

Timeline! Because of time travel and retcons and flashbacks and all that, we better make time four-dimensional. One dimension corresponds to Real World time, one corresponds to Mountain and Avatar retcons/flashbacks, one corresponds to the general Alleyverse, and the last corresponds to alleyverse time travel/retcons/flashbacks.

The key, though is that there is a difference between Authors and Avatars although most of you seem to act like the Authors anyways.:P

Phew, that's a lot. Better post.