The Chat Thread

Archer

10 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

…maybe that's just the plot right there.

I love it when stuff like this happens. :D

Maybe that’s the whole reason why it’s all cloak-and-daggers. Being upfront about cutting budgets would prompt… undesirable reactions. So different DA factions plot in the shadows, employing the help of different guilds to try and do their plans subtly, try to out-plan each other and try to intercept each other’s schemes. Proxy war. Cold War.

Edited by I think I am here.

Heyyy Itiah! Nice to see you again, how's it going? 

Clarification, the proposed cold war/civil war would be taking place after the Forgery breaks, or before? I'm getting conflicting messages lol 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Heyyy Itiah! Nice to see you again, how's it going? 

Clarification, the proposed cold war/civil war would be taking place after the Forgery breaks, or before? I'm getting conflicting messages lol 

It’s going ^_^:lol:-_-<_<:mellow::unsure::blink::):D:P:ph34r:

It would take place before the Forgery breaks. In effect everyone is trying to prevent the Forgery from breaking. So they realise “if we don’t cut down usage in 6 months (or something) the Forgery is going to break and we’re all going to die”

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

It’s going ^_^:lol:-_-<_<:mellow::unsure::blink::):D:P:ph34r:

It would take place before the Forgery breaks. In effect everyone is trying to prevent the Forgery from breaking. So they realise “if we don’t cut down usage in 6 months (or something) the Forgery is going to break and we’re all going to die”

I think perhaps damage from the forgery to the worldspike might be a better motivator. Lets let the forgery fall apart this era, and let everything wrap up normally, and then the next era can begin with the DA noting the Damage to the worldspike and until it gets repaired we need to budget.

Absolutely love a DA budgetary war.
As for Voidus post-Forgery I don't necessarily want to commit to anything because it at least in part depends on what happens this era still. There's a non-zero possibility that he just realizes that he and the Stranger are just timebombs waiting to destroy the universe and that they should both just retire or move on to another experiment, hand over the reigns so to speak.

Just now, Voidus said:

Absolutely love a DA budgetary war.
As for Voidus post-Forgery I don't necessarily want to commit to anything because it at least in part depends on what happens this era still. There's a non-zero possibility that he just realizes that he and the Stranger are just timebombs waiting to destroy the universe and that they should both just retire or move on to another experiment, hand over the reigns so to speak.

The next era sub plot is just a bunch of rookie department heads trying to figure out how to do everything.

Heyyyyy any chance you know how to work the printer on floor 9?

Wait I have a receptionist now?

What do you mean I need to fill it out in triplicate!?

40 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

No one knows how to work the printer on floor 9

Why does it always print in red "ink"? Man idk but don't get too close to it, the ink is starting to run dry and it gets testy when that happens :ph34r: 

Make it the one who always gets the tea wrong. Not enough revenge, too much cinnamon. :/ 

Spoiler

I don't know what people normally put in tea, do they put in cinnamon?? At least I know for sure they use revenge tho 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Make it the one who always gets the tea wrong. Not enough revenge, too much cinnamon. :/ 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know what people normally put in tea, do they put in cinnamon?? At least I know for sure they use revenge tho 

Depends what you mean by that. If you mean adding cinnamon in the powder mix you put in boiling water it's definitely something people do, if you mean adding cinnamon after you brew the tea then no

It's somewhat complicated :P

What's "hanging" right now? Reshilore/Victoria/Vivicia/Sanax/Byron need to figure out if/how they're splitting up or doing something, NullBlade/Cassie are likely going to investigate an explosion (the collapse of the lobby?) and talk, Aln and Folorian are likely going to meet somewhere if Aln doesn't get attacked... I think Lita/Laureli/Ronald are sufficiently time-disjointed in the alleys but I'm not sure. The group of 5's probably the only one that can't sufficiently start a new day unless everyone goes back to where they were + Byron either leaves or stays checked in the hospital.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

It's somewhat complicated :P

What's "hanging" right now? Reshilore/Victoria/Vivicia/Sanax/Byron need to figure out if/how they're splitting up or doing something, NullBlade/Cassie are likely going to investigate an explosion (the collapse of the lobby?) and talk, Aln and Folorian are likely going to meet somewhere if Aln doesn't get attacked... I think Lita/Laureli/Ronald are sufficiently time-disjointed in the alleys but I'm not sure. The group of 5's probably the only one that can't sufficiently start a new day unless everyone goes back to where they were + Byron either leaves or stays checked in the hospital.

Actually Aln and Folorian already met, and are getting attacked

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Oh! Fun.

Question: do you want the explosion NullBlade + Cassie are hearing to be the lobby collapsing, or do you have something else in mind?

I was intending it to be the lobby collapsing, I'm just having him think of alternative because I think they make more sense than the truth. If you have a better idea please go ahead