The Chat Thread

Archer

1 minute ago, 18th Shard said:

@ZincAboutIt @Ashbringer  Sanax did collapse just down the hall from Vivica, so he's also nearby. It might be fun to have Byron try to handle both of the crazy ex-DA members at the same time. That can also help Sanax meet some of the other characters as well.

That could work. Did we ever figure out if Sanax is immune to Byron's bubble? Last I remember he would be (same as NullBlade, so they'd move at real time speed while everything else moves slow), which would let him wake up "faster" and also definitely catch Byron's attention.

8 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

@ZincAboutIt @Ashbringer  Sanax did collapse just down the hall from Vivica, so he's also nearby. It might be fun to have Byron try to handle both of the crazy ex-DA members at the same time. That can also help Sanax meet some of the other characters as well.

Ooh that does sound like fun!

13 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

@mathiau I know Folorian's question has been left hanging - I've been a bit busy IRL, but I'm hoping to have her response done by tomorrow morning. Sorry for the wait!

No worry, take all the time you need

why am I getting deja-vu

But pedantry and petulance are so entertaining. Also, presumably at the Worldspike itself, the Forgery has lasted even longer than it has generally in-world, since the large amounts of Investiture should cause at least a little time dilation there. :P

Actually, it's the other way around. If you send one second close to a mass of investiture, more than one second will have pass far from that mass. Like with black-holes

9 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

That could work. Did we ever figure out if Sanax is immune to Byron's bubble? Last I remember he would be (same as NullBlade, so they'd move at real time speed while everything else moves slow), which would let him wake up "faster" and also definitely catch Byron's attention.

Also, did we ever figure the case where NullBlade/Sanax try to move/punch something affected by the bubble? Obviously slowed down objects would be harder to move, but would an object slowed a hundred times just be very hard to move or would it be effectively unmovable? Would things punched by get hurt more or less than normal? If it's less, would the fact they come a hundred times more often than normal just compensate it or would it make it stronger/weaker than normal?

@Fatebreaker, How does the slug's wrong memory sensing work? Are they sending something to the persons that goes to their mind and check if everything's alright or are the minds with wrong memories constantly sending some kind of "this isn't right" signal that the slugs are receiving? If it's the former, it shouldn't work on NullBlade (unless the slugs are somehow of Shard-level power) and they might be able to tell that it's not working. If it's the latter then it will perfectly work on him and they will observe that his memories are completely normal.

23 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hey guys, is Mac's Boarding house literallly called Mac's Boarding house in game?

I believe so? But I don’t know if it exists in the Forged world. We never really discussed it, and in this timeline Mac is actually a semi-mythological figure to everyone but the DA. 

Edited by ZincAboutIt

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I believe so? But I don’t know if it exists in the Forged world. We never really discussed it, and in this timeline Mac is actually a semi-mythological figure to everyone but the DA. 

k?  maybe @MacThorstenson can answer my question.

24 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hey guys, is Mac's Boarding house literallly called Mac's Boarding house in game?

Yes, but I don't think it exists in game right now. The person who Mac gave it to currently isn't active, and I would prefer it to stay inactive unless she comes back.

Just now, MacThorstenson said:

Yes, but I don't think it exists in game right now. The person who Mac gave it to currently isn't active, and I would prefer it to stay inactive unless she comes back.

ok, I'm going to go edit my last post in the bleeding spike tavern so he goes to a different boarding house. is there another one with an active person leading it?

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ok, I'm going to go edit my last post in the bleeding spike tavern so he goes to a different boarding house. is there another one with an active person leading it?

You can make one up and post in the Alleycity thread. It’s for random scenes that don’t fit specifically in any one place.

edit: or you can listen to Mac :P 

Edited by ZincAboutIt

4 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood There really isn't another boarding house active, but I changed my mind in the last 30 seconds. 

I can RP some NPC's as staff if you want to have a scene or two there.

that would be fine Mac, I just need to finish up some scenes in the bloody spike tavern.

Edited to add: can someone post something in the bleeding spike tavern thread so I can do another post?

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

that would be fine Mac, I just need to finish up some scenes in the bloody spike tavern.

Edited to add: can someone post something in the bleeding spike tavern thread so I can do another post?

You could just edit your last one, if you're leaving? 

Man, I really need to reread my old plans because I don't remember half of what I wanted to do. Ack. 

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

You could just edit your last one, if you're leaving? 

Man, I really need to reread my old plans because I don't remember half of what I wanted to do. Ack. 

yeah, maybe I can. I just want to do one more scene there so that could work.

28 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hey does someone's character want to encounter my character on some road in the morning? you can also decide how they meet. I would also need their description for accurate rping.

Better hope you don't get struck by the dreaded end of day curse.
Though I guess that was a Reckoners problem more than an AV one, still I think it's come up a few times.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Better hope you don't get struck by the dreaded end of day curse.
Though I guess that was a Reckoners problem more than an AV one, still I think it's come up a few times.

Is that just where players refuse to acknowledge that time progresses at a different rate for their characters? :P

Well it's more the joint problem of if some characters start progressing too far ahead in the timeline then that means that the RP as a whole is restricted from any wide-ranging effects in the intermediary time. So it is generally not advisable to start a new day while in the middle of main plot until everyone is ready for it.