The Chat Thread

Archer

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ah. that's too bad. STE won't be getting a huge inflow of members then...

We currently don't have any idea what the STE is about (are they good? bad? neutral?) so not many people would join it either way.

If you tell what it's about then I have a few character idea I was preparing for the next era that I could finish and make part of your guild.

Just now, Fatebreaker said:

I got the reference. All these young'uns runnin' runnin' round these days, makes a geezer tired.

I did not, and I'm older than most people here. more french too though

22 minutes ago, mathiau said:

We currently don't have any idea what the STE is about (are they good? bad? neutral?) so not many people would join it either way.

If you tell what it's about then I have a few character idea I was preparing for the next era that I could finish and make part of your guild.

STE is pretty much neutral. I haven't really decided. their goals are really convoluted. maybe give me some time to think up their goals and motivation and stuff.

18 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

Well if anyone wants to get the reference and watch a truly bizarre music video, search Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler.

It's... something

OHHH, That. why did you have to bring that up?

27 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

Well if anyone wants to get the reference and watch a truly bizarre music video, search Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler.

It's... something

... wow. Yes, something it is 0.o

Not a bad song though! I randomly found Jar of Hearts again after... ten something years.

hey guys I just came up with a motive for the STE, they want to add to the Alleyverse, bringing the Cytoverse in. maybe a side goal would be to learn more about how the alley verse was created? 

STE has a few other things they want to do though.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hey guys I just came up with a motive for the STE, they want to add to the Alleyverse, bringing the Cytoverse in. maybe a side goal would be to learn more about how the alley verse was created? 

STE has a few other things they want to do though.

STE technically already has some Cytoverse connections. At least, it's an option in Character Creation, and something I'm thinking of "uncovering" in Byron for the turn of the Era.

However, I can't think of a character I've seen who actually fully leans into the Cytoverse, so it's definitely something a group could try to connect more strongly.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

STE technically already has some Cytoverse connections. At least, it's an option in Character Creation, and something I'm thinking of "uncovering" in Byron for the turn of the Era.

However, I can't think of a character I've seen who actually fully leans into the Cytoverse, so it's definitely something a group could try to connect more strongly.

maybe try to get spaceships into the alley verse.

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

maybe try to get spaceships into the alley verse.

Spaceships have proudly been a part of the Alleyverse since I think before the cytoverse even existed. They nuked the city that one time.

This does tie into something I'm wondering if has been a character previously... has anyone been a Fused? I'm tempted to try an adapt a Deepest One as a character, or give my budding DA agent a similar ability. But Deepest Ones are... quite different than just a Cohesion spike.

I don't think we've ever had a Fused since I've been active. I'd think there should be a base Fused point value for the healing and potential reincarnation, and then an additional cost based on the Surge (similar to a surge fabrial), but I'm no mod. 

Also, I think we have had FTL Cytonic mentioned pre-Era 1 in the Alleyverse. Which means they predate the Cytoverse and came only from Defending Elysium. 

Edited by 18th Shard

9 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

yeah considering theres a canon cap on the amount of sleepless there are, its likely they just wouludnt be allowed to exist.

There's a canon cap on Roshar. We don't know about other places :P

But yeah those things could use some limitations. 

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Spaceships have proudly been a part of the Alleyverse since I think before the cytoverse even existed. They nuked the city that one time.

Not in the Forged world though

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

This does tie into something I'm wondering if has been a character previously... has anyone been a Fused? I'm tempted to try an adapt a Deepest One as a character, or give my budding DA agent a similar ability. But Deepest Ones are... quite different than just a Cohesion spike.

I don't think they're actually that different, while we've only seen Venli use Cohesion on other things there's no reason to think she can't use it on herself and phase through things.

It might be a Savant ability though, with "never being truly solid again" as its savant affliction

11 hours ago, Voidus said:

okie Voidus. but the STE would want to integrate the Taynix into it and such. also travel through the nowhere.

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

okie Voidus. but the STE would want to integrate the Taynix into it and such. also travel through the nowhere.

Fwiw we don’t usually do too much Sanderson plot canon here. I haven’t actually read any of the Skyward books but bringing canon book characters or key plot elements into the AV is generally not done because it starts to get thorny with the established book canon. Just a heads up for any of your plans! :]

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Fwiw we don’t usually do too much Sanderson plot canon here. I haven’t actually read any of the Skyward books but bringing canon book characters or key plot elements into the AV is generally not done because it starts to get thorny with the established book canon. Just a heads up for any of your plans! :]

okie, *sighs* ah well. does the alley verse have its own magic system?

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

okie, *sighs* ah well. does the alley verse have its own magic system?

So it does, but also you’re free to bring in outside magic systems. I just mean like you would find it difficult to bring in, say, a Shard or someone like Dalinar Kholin or Kelsier, or something like that. People seem to be excited about linking the Cytoverse up with the AV and that’s awesome I am just giving you a heads up on how new stuff is generally brought in.

1 minute ago, ZincAboutIt said:

So it does, but also you’re free to bring in outside magic systems. I just mean like you would find it difficult to bring in, say, a Shard or someone like Dalinar Kholin or Kelsier, or something like that. People seem to be excited about linking the Cytoverse up with the AV and that’s awesome I am just giving you a heads up on how new stuff is generally brought in.

mkay! is the magic system of the AV defined?

It is kinda breaking my head a little trying to imagine how many layers of dimensional travel it would be in order to get from the Alleyverse to Nowhere and back.

there are some already established ones, Alleymatics, Voidshaping, and Alley travel. All of them are pretty natively DA though.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

mkay! is the magic system of the AV defined?

Yeah, the innate magic of the AV is generally used by members of the DA because they created the world, but also because the magic usually only works inside the Alleys, with the exception of Voidmaking or something rather minor like Alleycant (the pen-twirling language - don’t ask just roll with it).