The Chat Thread

Archer

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Yeah, ash can bring… things.

So hypothetical question: how would a character and/or person get recruited into the DA? And if they tried to get recruited, what’s the over/under on them ending up a thouroughly spiked corpse?

I want to make a Duralumin Gnat character for some reason.

Alternatively you can just DM a person with a DA character and say I want to get a character in there. Most of us would be pretty down to work with you to make that happen.

52 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Alternatively you can just DM a person with a DA character and say I want to get a character in there. Most of us would be pretty down to work with you to make that happen.

Yes of course, I was talking more about IC random role play as opposed to pre arranging an encounter

This would likely be a next-era character instead of something that I bring in now. It’s just with the mecha-Cassie change all of my current characters are extremely vulnerable to Leechers, and I’d like one who isn’t. Plus is just less Invested in general.

Duralumin Gnat in particular is interesting, because they’d be really strong with most spikes… but also has a much stronger chance of just becoming a duralumin spike for someone more used to their abilities.

Sort of leaning towards A-Copper now anyway, with maybe a Surge Spike or fabrial or something. But someone more skilled than invested.

Aln: I need to find out how and why the DA is causing these anomalies!

Laurelai: I need to tell the DA everything I can learn about these anomalies because it’s not them and that’s worrying!

Ronald: *perusing files* Ladies can’t get enough of these silk pocket squares. 

It is certainly a fun progression.

Hmm... @Rushu42, is Aln wearing a Lightweaved face or just the doctor's coat? I'm trying to figure out where the shadow monsters Byron's following should go, and that's essentially either Aln and Ronald, Folorian, or Cassie and NullBlade. And I'd rather not have Cassie and Byron meet just yet (and two characters in the same scene is confusing).

I could also have him run into Sanax, but I need to get him involved with another character somehow instead of just running around.

Edit: Or Vivicia. That would be interesting.

Edited by Ashbringer

29 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmm... @Rushu42, is Aln wearing a Lightweaved face or just the doctor's coat? I'm trying to figure out where the shadow monsters Byron's following should go, and that's essentially either Aln and Ronald, Folorian, or Cassie and NullBlade. And I'd rather not have Cassie and Byron meet just yet (and two characters in the same scene is confusing).

I could also have him run into Sanax, but I need to get him involved with another character somehow instead of just running around.

Having them barge into the records room could be interesting, I will say that Ronald is currently working on their side, so if Byron shows up the monsters would likely disappear so that they didn't interfere with his task. 

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I just want to say that I think the Hospital scene is really really cool. Usually when the plot thickens in the AV it does so like milk gone bad, but this time the plots thickening like a fine roux. 

Nothing like a little shadow kelpie to achieve that silky smooth texture

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I think I had her just with the doctor's coat, but her own face (which is tactically a mistake, but Aln's not really used to disguises). I'd personally welcome Byron bursting in; Aln's not going to initiate a confrontation on her own if she can help it, so if we want action we'd need an inciting incident. (Note that when I say "action" I don't necessarily mean combat, just a clash between the sides in some form).

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

I just want to say that I think the Hospital scene is really really cool. Usually when the plot thickens in the AV it does so like milk gone bad, but this time the plots thickening like a fine roux. 

As someone who definitely didn't have to look up the word roux, agreed :P. The tension building is just making me more nervous (excited?) for when everything goes south.

3 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

The tension building is just making me more nervous (excited?) for when everything goes south.

Nonsense. For the first time in history everything will work out, we will discover the source of our issues and everyone will get along. For once we will head north, and not south.

Just now, MacThorstenson said:

Nonsense. For the first time in history everything will work out, we will discover the source of our issues and everyone will get along. For once we will head north, and not south.

Honestly with the Alleyverse it's more likely that we defy the cardinal directions entirely and end up going up and slightly to the left.

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Nonsense, we are people of high culture here. None of that type of silliness. This is Serious Roleplay :P 

right, and the fact we have cookies with literal gigantic metal spikes in them isn't silliness. 

anyhow. I'm thinking of introducing my character in the hospital as that seems to be where everyone is. ah well, an opening is an opening. ima head there now.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

right, and the fact we have cookies with literal gigantic metal spikes in them isn't silliness. 

anyhow. I'm thinking of introducing my character in the hospital as that seems to be where everyone is. ah well, an opening is an opening. ima head there now.

Of course not! It's a valid method of ambitious assassination wrapped up in a tantalizing form of delivery.

6 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

mmm yes. Very serious.

On an unrelated note, please do not reread era 1. 

... I forget what was more chaotic, the 1st Oath Radiants or the random waffle machines.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Of course not! It's a valid method of ambitious assassination wrapped up in a tantalizing form of delivery.

... I forget what was more chaotic, the 1st Oath Radiants or the random waffle machines.

right, well, I'm here with the sldkjfslgh a very well known health organization in the alley verse, I am Thaidakar Kelsier, phd in ridiculousness.

29 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

mmm yes. Very serious.

On an unrelated note, please do not reread era 1. 

Newcomers to the forum, seeing old AV RPers: Ooh, the wise old ones who created one of the largest RPs.
First era AV: Lol, what if I was a sentient rock this time?