1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

This is beautiful.

Haha thanks. I originally thought that we would call it Lost Vegas after Epics took over, but Vegas autocorrected to Vegans while I wad writing Nate's backstory, and I really liked it so I presented the idea. It was supposed to be a joke, but we canonized it.

EDIT: I just got this image of Pro playing random games against Conn as a regular occurrence. Pro would have no idea what he was doing but would still make all of the right choices, and the real game would be trying to call Conn out on his cheating. This is totally going into WHOOC. And may be a real sequence eventually, but they might both die in Operation Stalemate, so IDK.

Edited by Sazedezas

6 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

EDIT: I just got this image of Pro playing random games against Conn as a regular occurrence. Pro would have no idea what he was doing but would still make all of the right choices, and the real game would be trying to call Conn out on his cheating. This is totally going into WHOOC. And may be a real sequence eventually, but they might both die in Operation Stalemate, so IDK.

Well, that scenario sure sounds like a stalemate :P

Idea:  Epic chess.  All powers allowed.  No direct killing.  Indirect is fine.  If you die, you forfeit.

Bloodlight: reset your last move.

Blank/Typhon:  that pawn was actually a queen the whole time!

MV: Why can’t you move that piece?  And why is mine moving instead?

Con: can cheat and it’s mostly fine.

Jacklyn: be... distracting.

Kokichi: instantly become a master strategist, but have a chance of overthinking things and losing to a scholar’s mate.

Quietus: kill your opponent using your field.  Whoops.

Also, I just realized that because of their powers, Jacklyn (and probably pro) could be infinite skill wells for Viktor because their skills regenerate!  Though the gain would decrease exponentially.

EDIT:  GUYS!  MAILLIW’s BACK!

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Idea:  Epic chess.  All powers allowed.  No direct killing.  Indirect is fine.  If you die, you forfeit.

Bloodlight: reset your last move.

Blank/Typhon:  that pawn was actually a queen the whole time!

MV: Why can’t you move that piece?  And why is mine moving instead?

Con: can cheat and it’s mostly fine.

Jacklyn: be... distracting.

Kokichi: instantly become a master strategist, but have a chance of overthinking things and losing to a scholar’s mate.

Quietus: kill your opponent using your field.  Whoops.

Also, I just realized that because of their powers, Jacklyn (and probably pro) could be infinite skill wells for Viktor because their skills regenerate!  Though the gain would decrease exponentially.

EDIT:  GUYS!  MAILLIW’s BACK!

Actually, Bloodlight can only reset individual objects against themselves, not each other. His powers wouldn't really help unless it was a very long game and he released things at strategic times, in which case his  pieces would start reappearing on the board. Sadly. Arachnerd would just look really cool doing it, because her spiders could move the pieces for her. There is absolutely no telling what Karabiner could do.

EDIT: And yes, Pro would be an infinite skill well, because his skilla are momentary anyway, but Viktor would keep them permanently.

Edited by Sazedezas

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Should we @ him?

I've invited him. I assume he'll show up to play if he decides he has the time. Just to say hi though, or to make sure he knows he's always welcome, go for it!

Epics don't follow the laws of physics. They are supposed to be able to grab things if he focuses, but are normally more like fire. I kind of wanted to do a scene in space at some point, which is why he had antigravity. I think it should be he can manipulate that, anywhere from normal gravity to zero gravity.

Edit: What does PI stand for?

Edited by Ark1002

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Calamity slaps physics back into the hole it peeped out of.

To some extent.

Example: Light illusionists who turn themselves invisible can't see.

EDIT: That works.

You probably need at least one more approval though.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

To some extent.

Example: Light illusionists who turn themselves invisible can't see.

Except this one guy in Hoboken who could actually do that for reasons.

Not that I know there's actually a guy who can, but I suspect there is.

Epic powers do broadly speaking obey physics to some extent, just with a few additions made along the way. Sometimes they ignore normal physics but usually only when that is directly required for the power to work.

My other issue is that if you change the properties of a substance enough then you can no longer reasonably call it that substance.
Eg. if there was an Epic who could make fire solid, but also it changes colour to an opaque yellow, smells and tastes of cheese and changes shape to be cheese-wheel shaped, then that is no longer fire it's cheese, so just say they can turn fire into cheese.

3 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

@Mailliw73

Hi!

I've read a lot about you :blink:

EDIT: Note to RPers:

Blank's name is not commonly known.   So what does that say about Nicroburst? :ph34r:

Hey there! Thanks for the @ ! I don't think I have enough time right now to commit to joining back up here, but thanks for the welcome! I'll definitely let you know if it works out for me again in the future!

15 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yay!

Also, Brandon is doing a Seattle signing in November, and I am going, so do you guys have any question requests?

When/where? I could probably make it to that, depending on the timing.