8 hours ago, Voidus said:

So question (Not sure if this is the right thread for it :P):
@winter devotion are Kokichi's powers capable of laying down some background music? If so then there might be a sad, reminiscing soundtrack playing softly in the background at the moment but I wasn't sure if that was within scope.

I’m not sure. I want to say yes but I don’t wanna make them too OP. 

4 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Can you update other people's characters too?  Pleeeaaase?

I’ll do it once I finish my own, which might take a while.

8 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

I mostly meant the tropes themselves. The tropes haven't killed anyone... yet.

The meeting starts with exploding sparkles and can only get more crazy from there.

Punposal accepted.

Yet. 

10 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I don’t think background music is going to make someone OP.

Yeah, but I’ve already been stretching the limits and I don’t wanna go too overboard. I’ll say no, but pre existing music will swell and shrink based on what’s going on.

Time to post things.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:14 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

What currency are we using?

Gold / other precious metals are pretty widely accepted in the Reckonersverse, I think.

Some epic regimes may also have individual systems, for example ERA has the electronic equivalent of food vouchers.

20 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Finished Worm. Wow.

The ending was pretty intense, yeah.

20 hours ago, winter devotion said:

All my Epics seem to slowly creep up the power ladder as I realize the full implications of what I’ve given them

That's part of the fun. Don't get me wrong, the limitations are often what makes a power interesting.

This is part of why I enjoyed Worm. You get people with kind of lame-sounding powers, who learn to shamelessly exploit the full implications of said powers. Skitter and Jack Slash, arguably the two scariest human characters in the 'verse, both have powers that sound pretty weak on paper.

19 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Exactly.  I have considered writing stories where someone has say, the power to stop people from stealing things from them.  Which they think is lame, until they realize that if they think of their life as something they own...

Semantic superpowers have a strong tendency towards being significantly underestimated in-universe, but as a general rule are massively powerful.

For example, for the character you described: if they don't get exactly what they want they've been robbed of satisfaction; therefore they are omnipotent.

18 hours ago, Voidus said:

I'm feeling a strong compulsion to bring the Adventurer to Edmonton so they can hang around with Kokichi.

Of all the characters you have written, Adventurer is probably my favorite. Please do.

12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I’ve officially become a TVtropes addict. There’s information under Kokichi about arcs that haven’t happened yet. So much information about them. I am totally shamelessly using it as a place to plan ahead.

Getting hooked on Worm and TVtropes? You must have excellent taste :D

(both of these are things I discovered in the last year or so)

10 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

I mostly meant the tropes themselves. The tropes haven't killed anyone... yet.

About that...

I was thinking of reworking one of my not-yet-introduced characters to have explicitly trope-related powers :ph34r:

Really putting the "meta" in "meta epic".

7 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Just wondering, but has anyone been reading the Worm sequel? Ward?

I've read the first arc. I'm also halfway through Pact.

You guys are all faster readers than me :P

3 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Also, I can't remember if the checkpoints are slow zones or fast zones, 'cause I swear Drake just said fast zone but that didn't make sense and could have been an accident. Also, I can't mention him from mobile. Help?

Well, slow zones make borders around most of the territory, because they are hard to pass through.

Checkpoints are areas along the border where there aren't slow zones, where people can go in/out.

Fast lanes are the network of fast zones that basically are plot reasons for quickly getting to different parts of the city in a setting where cars are rare.

The majority of checkpoints are just part of existing fast lanes leading into ERA territory. A couple are just regular checkpoints at the borderline.

Now, time to touch up some of my notes on random character things, and then do some posting in WHiE.

Random question. I want to make What Happened in Oregon into a mobi so I can read it on kindle. Anyone want this, and is there any particular order I should put the threads in? iirc at least two of them have at least some slight crossover.

43 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Random question. I want to make What Happened in Oregon into a mobi so I can read it on kindle. Anyone want this, and is there any particular order I should put the threads in? iirc at least two of them have at least some slight crossover.

I was just thinking of doing that the other day! I mean, I have no idea how, but it would be awesome. IDK what order though.

EDIT: Thanks Drake Marshall. IDK why that didn't make sense before.

EDIT: Would border patrol confiscate a handgun or just take note of it or what?

Edited by Sazedezas

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

The Dales and Portland have a crossover. Portland should be read first.  And Portland should be read before Astoria for context on who lucentia is.  Though in my headcannon Astoria was just a dream, since it is ABSURDLY broken, with multiple TEAMS of high Epics.  Oh, and the Dalles should be read before Astoria.

9 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

The Dales and Portland have a crossover. Portland should be read first.  And Portland should be read before Astoria for context on who lucentia is.  Though in my headcannon Astoria was just a dream, since it is ABSURDLY broken, with multiple TEAMS of high Epics.  Oh, and the Dalles should be read before Astoria.

So Portland, Dalles, Astoria, whatever?

12 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Sure.  Or whatever, Portland, Dalles, Astoria.  Or any insertion of whatever in between.  But I read Astoria before the Dalles and I was fine, so you can go with whatever.

The main reason I'm reluctant to bring Adventurer over is because that would make Astoria cannon.

Astoria is already canon, isn’t it? Since Nighthound’s death happened there and that’s confirmed. (Well, Fanon.)

What’s a mobi?

37 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

It did?  I must have not finished Astoria....

It’s the final post. 

Anyway, the next post with the MV/Liam/Kokichi situation should probably start with “It was so totally not awesome” and they all just turned the corner to see the Impact VS Quietus fight.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I meant the attention part.

Actually, I will intervene...

Like, someone actively sorting the situation out. I’d prefer to let Liam and Megan react to the situation before they get noticed, so do you mind waiting a bit on that?

edit: That person can’t be MV or Kokichi. If it’s MV, then we’re all accidentally dead by her momentum, and I don’t want Kokichi to lose their powers, unless it’s out of Freak Out Mode.

Edited by winter devotion