Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

50 minutes ago, Archer said:

He pulled on of his honour guardsmen aside, and whispered a quick instruction. "If I don't survive this, tell Rhazien and Yzabet that their wedding presents were actually limericks. I just edited the last lines of each one to make them more agreeable. Thanks, mate."

I just looked through 10 pages of soppy Yzabet+Rhazien stuff just to find those limericks. They were good limericks! But regarding all of the Yzabet+Rhazien stuff, I don't know whether to laugh until I crap myself, or to scream until I throw up.

A runner handed Yzabet two aluminum-lined bags full of stormlight-infused gems. She handed one to Elkenah and kept the other herself.

Edited by I am Witless

The Shoggoth tasted the scent of pineapple in the air, and knew who their target was. It writhed through the streets, leaving destruction in its wake, hunting for  the intruders. It followed the scent until came upon a city square, a kolossal dead in the middle, with a group of intruders in the midddle. The Shoggoth knew it’s duty. It was to kill the intruders. It let forth a long cry of “Tekeli-li!” from each of its mouths, calling any Ghouls within earshot to its location. It’s many eyes assessed targets, and searched the surrounding area for any other intruders. Seeing none, the Shoggoth began its attack.

@BitBitio @Archer you guys can just rp the rest of the fight if you want, or I can do the Shoggoth bits if you want.  Refer to my summoning post for any info on Shoggoths/this Shoggoth in particular.  

Edited by Snipexe
300 posts!

Storm arrived.

He was in the basement of the TUBA building in the AlleyCity. Two TUBA scientists sat at the operator station for the Terminal.

"There are TUBA forces upstairs sir!" one of them said quickly.

"Good. Thank you." Storm was about to hurry off up the stairs but stopped, acting on a whim, and turned around. "Call in as many Stone Soldiers as you can. I expect we'll be needing them.." 

The scientists nodded, and with that, Storm was up the steps. Indeed, several TUBA soldiers were gathered in the main room here. One of the captains, a woman named Sera, rushed over to fill him in on the battle. 

"Sir." She said with a nod. "On orders from Mace we got this building secured this morning, and we've spotted few Black Crusade soldiers in this area of the city."

"Good, good." Storm said. "What's the latest on Mace?"

"Last I heard, he was with the stone soldier battalion, but he went off on his own towards the inner Alleys." 

Storm grunted in acknowledgment, thinking. "I've also called in the rest of the Stone soldiers." he said after a moment. "When they arrive, we'll deploy whatever troops we can spare to go and join Mace."

And so they waited.

30 minutes ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

Storm arrived.

He was in the basement of the TUBA building in the AlleyCity. Two TUBA scientists sat at the operator station for the Terminal.

"There are TUBA forces upstairs sir!" one of them said quickly.

"Good. Thank you." Storm was about to hurry off up the stairs but stopped, acting on a whim, and turned around. "Call in as many Stone Soldiers as you can. I expect we'll be needing them.." 

The scientists nodded, and with that, Storm was up the steps. Indeed, several TUBA soldiers were gathered in the main room here. One of the captains, a woman named Sera, rushed over to fill him in on the battle. 

"Sir." She said with a nod. "On orders from Mace we got this building secured this morning, and we've spotted few Black Crusade soldiers in this area of the city."

"Good, good." Storm said. "What's the latest on Mace?"

"Last I heard, he was with the stone soldier battalion, but he went off on his own towards the inner Alleys." 

Storm grunted in acknowledgment, thinking. "I've also called in the rest of the Stone soldiers." he said after a moment. "When they arrive, we'll deploy whatever troops we can spare to go and join Mace."

And so they waited.

The wall next to Storm shuddered, then burst open, throwing rock shards all across the basement. Twisted space marines in black armor swarmed through the hole, coming from a tunnel dug right up to the basement. The twisted marines fired indiscriminately into the room, shouting blasphemous praises to the dark gods, or just screaming in insane pain.

Devaan searched around the alleys nearby for signs of life, until he passed one and his lifesense ticked. He saw Rashan and a black crusade marine huddling together, discussing something. Devaan looked at the marine's armor, it had an insignia on it, the same insignia as the worm-ridden space marines, chapter of the raptors.

He walked up to the space marine.

"Stand up soldier. I saw what happened to the rest of you chapter, I need a briefing on that, and the location of the blood angels, I'm their chapter-master"

"Sir?"

"The warmaster has betrayed us, he's a heretic and a tyrant. I witnessed him trying to resurrect a corpse with unholy magic. I'm taking my chapter out of this battle and into a save place to guard innocents. Are you with me?"

Devaan tapped connection, increasing the soldier's sense of camaraderie towards Devaan.

"Rashan, I'm going to help Mraize after I guide this one back to my canton. He's facing one of those unholy monsters on his own, but with me, him and maybe you we could probably take it out."

Devaan give the marine a card that teleported him to the canton of combat, then drew one of his own, Ace of Boots, giving him Allomatic Speed.

"Try to keep up" He said, smiling as he ran towards Mraize and the behemoth in shardplate

"Hey. You need a hand?" He said to Mraize, grinning.

Devaan breathed in some stormlight, and set the ground to be frictionless, but set his feet to have increased friction, meaning he could move normally

"Be careful, I assume you've trained to manoeuvre in this?" He asked mraize

3 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan searched around the alleys nearby for signs of life, until he passed one and his lifesense ticked. He saw Rashan and a black crusade marine huddling together, discussing something. Devaan looked at the marine's armor, it had an insignia on it, the same insignia as the worm-ridden space marines, chapter of the raptors.

He walked up to the space marine.

"Stand up soldier. I saw what happened to the rest of you chapter, I need a briefing on that, and the location of the blood angels, I'm their chapter-master"

"Sir?"

"The warmaster has betrayed us, he's a heretic and a tyrant. I witnessed him trying to resurrect a corpse with unholy magic. I'm taking my chapter out of this battle and into a save place to guard innocents. Are you with me?"

Devaan tapped connection, increasing the soldier's sense of camaraderie towards Devaan.

"Rashan, I'm going to help Mraize after I guide this one back to my canton. He's facing one of those unholy monsters on his own, but with me, him and maybe you we could probably take it out."

...Hoh, boy.

I can see that I have some explaining to do.

"I... what?" Kerith said, sounding extremely confused. "Sir- if that's what you really are- these marines aren't ours. They're Chaos Marines of some kind- traitors to mankind and worshipers of Chaos. The Black Crusade has been fighting them, and we're losing."

Kerith stood, drawing a chainsword from his scabbard. "Last I heard, the Blood Angels were fighting by the Liebrary. We lost contact with them- well, lost contact with them, after my unit was annihilated by spawn marines."

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

Archer, BB you guys can just rp the rest of the fight if you want, or I can do the Shoggoth bits if you want.  Refer to my summoning post for any info on Shoggoths/this Shoggoth in particular.

I'll leave it open (read: will try not to kill it in one post, even if I could) so you can hop in if you want. My plan for beating this thing

Spoiler

Get into the middle of this thing, compound tin... *BOOM*. Use gold to try to stay alive. 

would only be thought of by Mace after he realized conventional weapons won't have much effect on it. 

On an unrelated note, I promised SD I'd meet him at the bakery, so...

Mace tapped some luck. As a herd of beasts charged him, he randomly turned into an allyway to his left. Conveniently, it led straight to the back door of the TUBA base. Cool, Mace thought. Turning back towards his impending doom, he watched as his guards downed another kolossal, tripping it with some rope then stabbing it ferociously. 

Then the Shoggoth pounced. 

Its first victim barely had time to scream.

The second saw his fate coming, but it couldn't even raise their sword in time to ward off the attack.

A few TUBA soldiers managed to throw their spears at it, but they didn't seem to do anything but enrage the beast. Cursing, Mace charged it from the side. If Storm wanted to talk, he could join him or wait until the Shoggoth was dispatched. 

Mace adopted his arena fighting technique - an unnaturally quick charge, ending with a leap into his opponent to smash them with his shoulder. He hit something. One of those loose bits at the back. To increase the damage, he raked his sword over the creature's back, then landed in a roll on the far side of it, weapon raised to block a counter attack. Around him, the other TUBA soldiers tried more conventional attacks, stabbing at wherever was accessible. Others tried to find a weakness by throwing random stuff from their pack at it. Cookies. Bronze coins. Water. Leather. Blood. Nothing seemed to have much effect. 

Time for Plan B.

3 hours ago, I am Witless said:

A runner handed Yzabet two aluminum-lined bags full of stormlight-infused gems. She handed one to Elkenah and kept the other herself.

Elkanah opens the bag and draws in all the stormlight. He needed a LOT of it to get the spren into his gemheart. He feels the old spren leave and the new one enter, trying to push Evelyn away. She clung to him, and managed to trap the spren in his gemheart. He looked at himself, the change complete. This form... mmm... powerful. A lot like warform. He hoped his eyes hadn't gone red, but they probably had.

He had to remember that he was only using this to summon the storm. He would need time to gather enough willing to work for his cause. And he needed Mraize. More specifically, his spren. The storm wouldnt happen without it.

He looks about the battlefield, seeing so many fights he could join and just win. No, that wasnt who he was. He hums to a new Rythym, Withdrawl. He had to learn to control this form before he could do anything else. Otherwise, things could go a bit... unintended.

Edited by Inklingspren

Rohan charged at the beast alongside Mace, but attacks didn't hurt it. Finally, he walked up to Mace. 

"I'm going to try Leeching it, and it won't be able to see through my cloak. Then, take your shot."

He charged, screaming the Koloss-Blooded-buddies war cry.

"PINK IS THE BEST COLOUR!!!!!!!!" 

(Archer and I both have Koloss blooded characters)

@Archer

Edited by BitBitio

Mace swallowed some of his metalminds as the Shoggoth oozed about. 

"Be careful," Mace cautioned Rohan. "I've got no idea what this thing is capable of. I'll try and take it down from underneath. This thing has got to have a weak point."

As they talked the creature formed a pair of arms to crush one of the soldier fighting it. It seemed to be attacking the ones closest to it first. 

"PINK IS THE BEST COLOUR!" Mace screamed as he charged the monster alongside his koloss-blooded buddy. 

Mace dodged the Shoggoth's tentacle as it swiped at him. Then he lept forward to stab it in the eye. 

If the creature made vocal cords so it could laugh at him.

But Mace still managed to slide underneath it, lying in a crevice and raising an arm to fend off the beast on top of him.

If anyone is good at emotional allomancy, they could probably take control of a kolossal and use it to fight the other DA monsters.

56 minutes ago, BitBitio said:

Rohan attempted to Leech it.

Whether it worked is up to @Snipexe

It has no effect. There’s no hemalurgic involved in the Shoggoth. Or really any magic besides the summoning.

@Archer There’s going to be some (kind of God moddy) stuff done to Mace that would kill him, but I assume he’s compounding Gold, and so likely won’t. If you want me to change the post, just tell me.

The Shoggoth felt an eye get stabbed out by one of the intruders. It let forth a stomach curdling laugh, before growing another in its place. The intruder who stabbed it, instead of running in fear, ducked below the tentacle it thrust at him, and slid underneath it, continuing to stab it. The Shoggoth raised itself up to fall and crush the tenacious intruder, but as it did so, it felt a strange little tickle. At the same time as the tickle, another intruder has run forward, and touched the it, seemingly trying to do something. The Shoggoth let forth another guttural laugh, before shoving an arm out from the point of contact, sending the figure into a nearby ditch. It finally crushed the intruder below it, and then used a new tentacle growth to kill the two sneaking up behind. As it went to finish off three more intruders, reaching out with long tentacles, below the Shoggoth, it felt movement. Was that man still alive. As it killed one of them, it created an arm to reach down, and pull up the intruder below it. When it observed the man, he appeared to be in perfect health. Hadn’t it crushed him? For the Shoggoth, the simple solution was always the best, so it threw the intruder into the side of a building, let forth a cry of,”Tekeli-li!” once again returned focus to killing the rest of the trespassers.

@Snipexe, what do you feel about having Gaan starting the containment breach? And maybe a mass summoning while he's at it.

Also, just saw Grey Knight's post. So that's not Drako. Ok.

Also also, Nohadon, hope you don't mind me godmodding Devaan to say some stuff. Nothing too much, just some inspirational things to push Rashan further along his arc. I was planning on having the marine do it, but you came in and someone had to say it. Besides, I think it'll have more emotional value here.

Caer and the friend Devaan zoomed through the streets as blurs, twisting and turning through the alleys.

"So, we duelled once, right?" Surprisingly, despite Devaan being his friend, he hadn't spoken much with him.

"Yes. I won, though you were one feisty steelrunner." The man chuckled to himself, apparently reminiscing.

"I'm sure I was." But he wasn't. Not now. He was different. But if anyone could tell him about himself, it was Devaan.

"Look, Devaan, I know we're fight this war, but I can't." He started. "I just can't! I'm nothing but a fraction of what I was before. Everyone says I was great and all, but I'm not that person. I'm myself, and I went full out just to kill four crusaders, who I realise now we're just fighting for their mission!"

"Rashan."

But Caer didn't listen. "Don't you get it? There are no bad guys. You heard the lady making that speech before, we all used to be friends! And now we're fighting? I'm not the man I was, Devaan, and even if I was, I would be fighting a null war! We're destroying ourselves through this war, and I can't even remember the time we were all friends!"

"Rashan!" Devaan stopped in his tracks, and Rashan followed suit.

"You need to stop comparing yourself to who you were before. Sure, you may not remember your previous fights, but you can see the future! Sure, you don't know what side you're on, but you have friends to guide you! Sure, you may not have the best fighting skills since death, but you have three storming shardblades! You don't have to let yourself be tied up by the ideal others remember but you forgot, people arena tangly developing, never the same. You're your own person, Rashan Caer."

The words hit hard, especially coming from a person who had been one of Caer's own friends. Taking out a zincmind, Caer tried to concentrate, and holding back his fear, tried to see into Devaan's soul. He was a good man. Caer could make that out. He could see himself, too, from Devaan's perspective. First as an enemy, then a friend. All this time, Caer had never looked into his soul, but now that he did, he saw the truth. Devaan wasn't lying. He'd never been.

"But.." He protested quietly. "What of the war? We're all good people, or at least most of us are. Why are we killing each other.?" He felt like a lamb caught up in something far bigger than him.

"That's a good question." And then Devaan tapped steel, running ahead without a real answer, but Caer got the message he was trying to convey. A question that big, and Caer would have to find out the answers for himself. He needed to.

Tapping steel, he caught up with Devaan, who was next to Solace, asking him if he needed help.

A loud screech filled the sky and a shiver crawled over Syens skin. Looking around there were still so many lying here, unable to walk, a lot only a few breaths away from death. Finishing the treatment of the woman in front of her, she stood up, and grabed her bag and her rolling pin. Whatever good she did here, it would never be enough. She remembered her mother's words:
"Sometimes you have to decide who to save and who to leave."
Turning around she looked at the ruins of the wall, a shiver crawling over her back as the creature screamed another time. She stood there for a few moments, thinking and then made a decision she was sure she would regret. The wall wasn't there anymore, the way out of the city wasn't save, but maybe possible. Staying here was a death sentence for everyone. Leaving the wounded behind she ran back to the houses, cellars wouldn't do for that war, but out of the city the people maybe had a chance. It took her longer than expected to explain the situation to the man and his family whose house she knocked on first, but thankfully afterwards she had more luck, the less stubborn inhabitants had already packed. Syen showed them the way to the ruins of the wall, but then turned back and went to the next row of houses. She knew that a lot of them would die, but that was the nature of things. She could give them a chance to flee and maybe they would come back and help rebuild the city, or maybe they didn't but at least it was their decision. At least they had a chance to make that decision.
Grabbing the arm of a teenage boy she looked him into the eyes, handing him a few dull spheres.
"I left someone on the shattered plains. If I don't come looking for all of you, could you please send him a message, what happened here?"
The boy stared at her with wide eyes, clearly frightened and Syen pushed him in the general direction of the wall.
"Go."
He stared, then ran away and she shook her head. That would never work. Essun caught her attention, sitting next to the door of a house already empty. Following her, Syen entered the house and looked around. It was empty. Irritated, she shook her head and started to walk out again, when Essun blocked her way.
"Don't leave."
she ordered and Syen froze in her tracks. Essun seldom ordered her around.
"See."
the Spren continued and Syen made a grimace.
"Essun. Please. Why now? you know that I'm not good with that."
"Then listen."
Essun snapped and Syen stumbled backwards. Essun wasn't usually so snappy, so bossy. They argued, but not like that. Syen breathed in deeply and looked around. A toy of a girl she had escorted a few minutes ago, a dress of her mother, a knife, clearly belonging to the father. They all had left. Then her eyes fell on a walking stick. A walking stick. Why a walking stick? The truth dawned like the sun in the morning and she opened the hatch that led to the small cellar. An old man sat there staring at her with wide, frightened eyes.
"They left him behind."
she whispered and reached down, helping the man up.
"Those nobody cares about."
she said more to herself and felt Essun grow tense next to her. But Syen didn't say another word, although she know Essun waited for another oath. Well, she wasn't ready for that, wasn't even sure if she did the right thing. A part of her still believed, she should be out there with the wounded and not here. Lending the man an arm she walked him over to his walking stick and then accompanied him out of the house. It would take some time, but she wasn't going to leave him behind.

Rohan crashed into the ditch.

"Ow."

He stored weight and speed and then shot a dozen coins at the Shoggoth's eyes. He drew them back and Awakened a dead Kolossal. 

"KILL THE SHOGGOTH." 

I want to do something, but Voidus, I need you to... take my character to the Cognitive Realm for a "chat."

@Voidus (Just in case)

I will also need @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian and @MacThorstenson for this...

Edited by BitBitio

Devaan stepped forward. ready to face the behemoth with his friends. He made Rashan and Solace's feet have increased friction so they didn't slip anywhere near as much.

Devaan took a step towards the monster, Drawing Simirtas and twisting it's hilt, transforming it back into Atius, but this time as a greatsword. Rashan looked at the blade, eyes wide

"You can't do that with sethramir just yet" Devaan told him

"Rashan, me and you go for the legs, Mraize, fly around and strike between the joints"

Devaan held out his hand

ten heartbeats

A dark blue shardblade fell into his hand, Devaan called it Mercy, it didn't scream as loud as a usual shardblade did in his mind, and the screams could be ignored for now. He used it to fight against people with plate more efficiently.

"Rashan, Draw your own, we need to cripple the giant"

Devaan ran over to the shardbearer, slicing at the right shin with Mercy, then following it up with a slash with Atius, he darted around, never stopping but instead erratically changing directions so when the shardbearer tried to down him, he was one step ahead

43 minutes ago, BitBitio said:

Rohan crashed into the ditch.

"Ow."

He stored weight and speed and then shot a dozen coins at the Shoggoth's eyes. He drew them back and Awakened a dead Kolossal. 

"KILL THE SHOGGOTH." 

@Voidus (Just in case)

I will also need @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian and @MacThorstenson for this...

Kinda hard for Voidus to do that realistically right now, given the lengths he's gone to to avoid interaction. @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian might be able to pass on a message, but that's about as much as I could think of without completely breaking character.

Caer stared at the monster in horror. It looked like a exploding ball of darkness trapped in shardplate. This was what the crusader had hid Caer from. It looked deadlier up close. It let out a feral growl, and Devaan charged, attacking the monster. He'd told Caer to attack too, but right now he could see and even bigger problem.

You need to stop comparing who you are to who you were.

Because while Devaan was taking care of the beast, smaller soldiers, resurrected from their beating from Solace, advanced, slowly, trying not to slip on the frictionless ground. They were heading straight for Devaan, who was preoccupied with the big one, and Solace, who seemed tired for the time being. As one tried to pounce on Devaan when he wasn't looking, Caer tapped speed and summoned Sethramir, ramming it in the creatures chest. The sword went straight through.

You don't have to let yourself be tied up.

Cae let loose. While Devaan never ceased attacking the shardbearer, Caer took care of the thirty or so smaller monster crusaders. They were easier to fight, having less combat experience, but storms were they resilient, always being pushed back but never dying. They'd almost gotten Caer when he remembered something about Sethramir. Something important. Devaan had said that it had a harmonium core. And that meant...

The next time Rashan took a swing at one of the crusaders, he burned chromium, and felt tech power Dorian from him and into the sword, and soon into one of the crusaders, leeching them of whatever evil investiture made them up. Leeching was the answer! Caer continued, wiping through the ranks of the undead with his leeching, using Sethramir's harmonium to expand his reach.

When all was done he turned and charged at the shardbearer demon.

You're your own person, Rashan Caer.

I won't be able to post something (long) this weekend. Syen will simply continue what she did in my last post and help people exit the city.
I'll try to check now and then to keep up to date.

Edited by Sorana

The Shardbearer finally hit him, sending Devaan flying into a wall. 

As he was sent spinning, a tear opened in his shirt, probably from the hit.

He looked down at his chest, and saw scar tissue there

Scars that looked like Aonic symbols

Scars that he had stitched up a little over a week ago in the hospital

He grinned, and tapped a little connection to the Dor, just enough to activate the Aons

His body began to glow with a silver light.

Devaan hit the wall, and it cracked, forming a dent in the stone wall. Devaan wasn't even bruised

He stood up and dismissed Mercy, he wouldn't be needing it anymore.

Devaan stepped forward. Faster, Stronger, more durable than ever before.

The giant swung a gauntleted fist straight towards Devaan, crashing down onto him, forming a crater in the ground.

"You ripped my shirt" Devaan muttered angrily, in the centre of the crater

Devaan walked towards the plated giant, and jumped, his muscle mass from tapping pewter increasing as he swung Atius at the stomach of his enemy

The sound of Metal grinding into flesh rung out through the entire AlleyCity as the plating around the stomach of the behemoth caved in to the stomach of his enemy.

Devaan landed, tucked and rolled as the shardbearer staggered backwards. He studied the corpses that surrounded him. it seemed as if other crusaders had tried to sneak up on him, but Rashan made short work of them. Good lad

Tena watched Death for a moment. Devaan had left. She got the distinct feeling that his name was Scandinavian, oddly. Turning, she tapped speed and dashed to where Devaan had somehow managed to kill a Kolossal. "You do not get bragging rights for this, okay?" she said sternly to him. "I could have strangled him. You just cheated with Aonic magic. Some of us can make do with what we don't harm ourselves with. I'd fully expect you to become a Bloodmage or something." 

Tena Pushed herself into the air with a coin and surveyed the battlefield. Another Kolossal was coming for them. 

19 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Tena watched Death for a moment. Devaan had left. She got the distinct feeling that his name was Scandinavian, oddly. Turning, she tapped speed and dashed to where Devaan had somehow managed to kill a Kolossal. 

Not a Kolossal- a Chaos Space Marine. 

Very different things, those two. I mean, one is a corrupted creature that wants to kill everything in sight, and the other is a Kolossal :lol: