Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

Hearing the wall break Syen hurried around a corner and towards it. Stormlight raged through her and despite the terror that was about to come she felt a certain thrill. Cloaking herself in an illusion she entered the city quietly, slipping away from the fighting, then changed her illusion again. Trying to guess where Solace and his army would enter she started telling the people there to go into their cellars, to get out of the way. She didn't stray too far into the city herself, only went to the houses close to the wall. Thankfully the news had already spread and a lot of the people were already trying to get into safety.

Rohan stored weight, and let his Aviar carry him to a new vantage point. He paused and waited. His life sense would alert him if anyone was trying to sneak up on him. He stored speed and weight, and began shooting coins at people, then Pulling them back. 

Soul spun through scores of enemies. Bullets sparked off of his armor as blood sprayed from one sword and eyes burned in the wake of the other. Sliding at high speeds sometimes on his knees and other times on his feet Soul didn’t give his enemies time to get a solid hit.

Mace hadn't given her any orders, so Tena helped build a ramp on the wall of the Alleycity, burying a coin in each one, and Pushing them so that they flew abnormally fast and always landed where she wanted them to. Also, she could knock down the wall with other Coinshots with the 'cakes' if Mace thought it wise. 

After the supply of cakes was exhausted, Tena dropped a coin and Pushed on it, propelling herself 100 or so feet into the air. She surveyed the battleground, wondering if anyone would need the help of a Steel Compounder and Edgedancer anytime soon. Oh, there he is, she thought, sighting Soul fighting his way through many ranks of enemy soldiers. She maneuvered her way over to the battle, but stayed a good distance from him, not  wanting to get killed. She struck down enemies, a real ax in one hand and a Shardax in the other, using all of her Investitures to the best of her abilities.                                             

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Kane and his Sentinels pushed forward, slowly gaining ground. The other group of Sentinels had retreated from the other front and regrouped back up with Kane. Now, a force of 200 Sentinels strong continued the fight.

Meanwhile, Rohan had started towards the Dark Alley territory, in hopes of killing an Eldritch Horror.

Summary:

SOLACE and the GHOSTBLOOD ARMY were camped on the outskirts of the ALLEYVILLAGE. They were joined by MACE and the TUBA FORCES, and OTHER PEOPLE like the SENTINELS. They discovered that the ALLEYVILLAGE had been overrun by DARK DENIZENS. They attacked! over the walls and slew many DARK DUDES. A mysterious encounter with DRAKO, the leader of the BLACK CRUSADE, led one of the adventures to question if the CRUSADE was really on the side of the DARK ALLEY, as was first assumed. But there was no time to ponder that, for there was fighting to be done. The battle continued. It has yet to truly enter the ALLEYWAYS so VOIDUS PRIME has yet to react with much force. But when he does... IT'S GOING TO BE DRAMATIC. Will the attackers attempt to reach the WORLDSPIKE, thus earning the wrath of VOIDUS? Will the GHOSTBLOODS and TUBA FORCES be able to work together? Find out now, as the SEVEN DAY WAR continues! 

Shardbreaker asked about the clock. I think the way Mraize organized this was similar to a SE game. Not that it has a GM or anything, but he's set it up so time goes on. You're supposed to be able to check the clock and see what cycle you're in, then that tells you the day in the war. Eg. Cycle One is the first day of the war. This is supposed to keep things moving along. 

The title of this thread is a misnomer. We don't generate enough content to warrant numerous threads, different ones for each cycle, so it was advised that we just keep the war here. If we get a lot more posts that may change, but for now, this will probably end up being the home of cycle 2, 3...etc.

Mace waved his troops on as he kneeled down to puke. Storms, he hated dying. 

Edited by Archer

Devaan watched as everyone immediately dove into the assault. Weren't they attack earlier? when Devaan cleaned the canton out? Or was it just him then?

Devaan flew off, flying towards the worldspike. He didn't intend to step into DA territory, but Drako had to be close to the centre, right? it would be harder to get him if each person had to fight through hordes of soldiers

Devaan's nicrocilmind ran out

His luckspren disappeared

"Lord Ruler!" He said as he crashed to the ground, storing Iron at the last second, so the fall didn't hurt as much.\

He looked around, surveying his surroundings, Just ahead of him was a group of space marines. Perfect.

They charged towards him at full speed.

Devaan drew Atius

they froze

Each of their chests burst with worms. He saw a large raven-winged space marine monstrosity walk past, with a larger group of space marines.

"oh by the forgotten gods, I'm doing this now? on my own?" Devaan asked the space marines

no

"wait what?"

not on your own

"then who with?"

say the words

"Oh. I see. I will remember those who are forgotten"

these words, are accepted.

welcome to the order of edgedancers

Devaan grinned, he had training in abrasion

"you wanna dance? lets dance" Devaan said, making the ground slippery and frictionless

Edited by Nohadon
I accidentally submitted the post before I finished it, oops

Hellbent snuck through the night. He arrived at the center. He would fight with the dark alley. He summoned vortex, his spren, in shardblade form. He sucked in stormlight, but did not tap his luck. He would fight without aid from fortune. It was time to fight as he had never fought before. As he ran to the fighting, he recited his new ideals to himself.

Kill your enemies

Destroy anything that opposes you

Let the streets run red with rivers of blood

Now who should he kill first?

Death roared in triumph as he appeared on the battlefield, everyone within 100 feet of him falling from the force that he exuded. They may bring him, but they still feared him. This is why a fifferemt aspect of his being was needed. One that was less scary yet had some similar powers. Aang. He became Aang, and reached over to a nearby GB skybreaker, and spiritbent his spren from him and healed the cracks in his soul. The man was in pure shock as his blade dissapeared and a Black Crusade sword entered the man's chest to the hilt. Not what Aang intended, but it was a consequence of his actions. He accepted and shifted back to death as he needed to strike fear into the squad of windrunners that were ready to attack him. He rose on his wings of fire to their level and smiled. Three of them wet their trousers, two of them fell to the ground, while the rest just lashed themselves away as quickly as they could. Now that fear had been induced into their souls their side's evil plans would be easier to deal with. He took out a mobile phone and called an old friend. He said he would be here by the dawn of the third day. Good. He made the best damnation appletinis this side of the 13th wall.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

"I've been better," Mace replied. "But I'm scared, Yzy. I don't know myself anymore. Something has changed. I feel... different."

Mace got to his feet, his legs shaking like he'd just touched ground after a long sea voyage. Every joint cracked, which was a disgusting noise.

Suddenly, his eyes widened in shock. "That shouldn't be possible..." he whispered to himself. "I need to study this. But there's too little time." Remembering that Yzabet was there, he refocused on her. "We need to get going. So much to do. But fighting underlings and minor demons just serves to slowly depleat our resources. It's time we kicked this up a notch. Poked the bear, as it were."

"I agree. But, wait, poke the bear? Do you mean infuriate Voidus? Do you mean attack tHE BEING THAT PRACTICALLY MAKES UP THE ALLEYVERSE ITSELF?" She stopped herself, then gave Mace a quick hug, giving him a little stormlight to heal from anything that he might be suffering.

"I have something to ask you, but maybe after the battle, assuming that we both survive."

Three down. Fifteen left. Veil had been flying around, one by one eliminating the DA generals. He'd pretty much become immune to the pain after the first time he'd passed out, though he could still feel the occasional twang in his chest as someone died in a particularly painful way. Just a few more, Veil thought, as he took an arrow to the leg. He'd sustained a few major injuries during his job, but they we're nothing compared to the pain he felt from the deaths around him. Just a few more, Veil thougt as he eliminated another general, falling to the ground in pain as he did so. 

Edited by ShardBreaker

He noticed one of the Ghostblpods was killing his friends. Bad Veil. For now though, spiritbending them was a bit too significant because people would say it's godmodding. Sure. So he just summoned a 10 inch thick zorb of aluminium around Veil, which quickly collapsed to the ground. Inside the zorb Veil heard a voice. 'Want to eat food at some point in the near future? Please sign this document signing away your rights to waffles for the rest of your life.'

Sorry that my previous post ended rather abruptly, I was pressed on time. 

Storm stepped up to the Terminal -- it really was a marvelous work of engineering, the TUBA scientists did their job well -- nodding to the scientists as he stepped into the box of transporter's glass that was in the center of the machine. Of course, this was much more than Transporter's glass could normally accomplish, but with the help of several other bits of magic and technology, it made a machine that could bring things from world-to-world without major difficulty. The machine whirred to life, gemstones blinking, gears turning, Aons glowing. Storm felt a strange weightlessness and a jolt in the region of his stomach , the effects of travelling so far, and then everything seemed to return to normal as the whirring subsided. He stepped out, now in a smaller room. Swing hummed from his shoulder.

"I don't like travelling that way." She said flatly.

"yes, I know" Storm said evenly. "But we need the speed, we need to get to the aid of Mace and the Stone Soldiers. Quickly."

He walked out of the room, emerging in the basement of the TUBA bakery in Kholinar. It appeared as if he had just emerged from a small pantry cut from the stone.

Expander's glass was a very useful tool.

Here already to greet him was Jaysen, the head baker at this location.

"Greetings Brightlord Storm!" he said cheerfully. "I have prepared what you requested" he continued, gesturing to a large pouch that rested on the ground.

"Thank you much Jaysen" Storm said, a faint smile on his lips. "But you don't have to call me Brightlord." 

"Ah, force of habit sir." Jaysen said. "I've been spending too much time amongst the locals." He grinned.

Storm smiled, but his expression quickly turned more solemn. "Jaysen, you're a valuable TUBA member, and you work hard." he said, looking him in the eye. "So, thank you. And especially thank you for masterminding the Stone Soldier Project. Mace is now leading a force of them against the Black Crusade. And we have you to thank."

"Oh, I don't deserve so much credit," Jaysen said in a humble tone. "I only thought of the concept, it was your planning, and the work of the TUBA Scientists that brought it all to reality."

"Regardless" Storm said, "I hope this is not my last time speaking with you, as I'm heading to ground zero of the deadliest war the Alleyverse has ever seen." 

"I hope we speak again as well." Jaysen said. Looking Storm hard in the eyes.

Storm proffered his hand. Which Jaysen accepted, shaking his hand firmly. Both men nodded solemnly. Storm turned to re-enter the Terminal. Back to headquarters to make the final preparations

---

Present Time

Storm stood before the Terminals. A sizable crowd had gathered in anticipation of his departure. It looked like every TUBA member that wasn't away from the headquarters on assignment, or of course involved in the war, was present. Hushed whispers came from around the Terminal area, almost enough to echo throughout the cavern that made up the Headquarters. As he walked nearly to the Terminal that lead to his destination, the room went quiet.

He had prepared all he could. It was time.

"Send me to the Alleyvillage." Storm said. softly but clearly. The scientists working the machine nodded silently. Each understanding that he would be heading into a war zone. 

"I leave you with explicit orders to let no one through the Terminals unless they can give you the Passcode-word. Level 5 status, Maximum security."

Storm looked around the room at the silent faces, many who he had recruited himself, and many he had worked side by side with over the past months. TUBA was still young, and yet it seemed as though it had been around for much longer.

"War is truly upon us" He said solemnly, addressing the crowd. "There is nothing glorious about this fight. I will not sugar-coat it. It will be the bloodiest conflict the Alleyverse has ever seen. But remember what we stand for. We were the Hope under the oppression of the DA. And we will still act as defenders of what is right. Through whatever happens, stay true to your values, whatever they may be, and if they are good, then you will prevail. We will get through this."

He stepped almost into the Terminal box, turning around once more.

"Farewell friends." He said quietly. "If I do not return, it has been an Honor to work with you. May Harmony guide us all."

And with that, the Whirring and flashing began again.

On the first day, there was tension

On the second day, there was turmoil.

Everywhere around Elkanah, people were dying. Not just humans, but any and every sentient race that could fight. He had run out of his own stormlight long ago, relying on that of the fallen. Mourning was the only Rythym he could hear. So many dead... he thought. His shardplate had protected him from many an attack, but there were cracks everywhere. He bent down to another man, it appeared he had been stabbed through the chest,  and his legs had been cut by a shardblade. Elkanah drew stormlight from the man's pouch to heal him. He got his legs working, but there wasn't enough light to heal his arm. "Sorry" he says to the man, as Elkanah tucks his face away into his mind, with so many other wounded and fallen. Even when he wore Warform, he never understood why humans were driven to violence so much.

Maybe it was time. There were strange, powerful, terrifying creatures on the other side. He remebered what the listeners did to try to defeat the Alethi armies. Maybe his idea would work. He would need to talk to all on his side. That meant getting enough Investiture to change to Envoy form. Evelyn had already found the spren and captured it in a gem on his hair. He went to go look for some, the malestrom of the battle around him.

One of the worm-ridden space marines ran at Devaan, he immediately slipped in the stormlight pool Devaan had set around him. Devaan didn't hesitate. He drew Atius, and twisted it's hilt, the blade changed, instead of having an aurora effect shimmering on the blade, it looked instead like the night sky, with a full moon as it's point, the hilt grew shorter, the crossguard narrowed.

Simirtas, the blade of the south cut down on the space marine, water followed the arc of the blade, and as the space marine below him withered and died, soft gurgling noises came from the marine's throat.

Devaan pointed Simirtas towards the rest of the space marines, and the sounds of a rushing river was heard in the distance

the river got louder

and louder

faster

louder still

until a huge white water rapid engulfed the entire alleyway in water, sweeping away all those who were swept up in it, the current parted around the blade and Devaan.

After the water disappeared, taking the space marines with it, Devaan stood in a drenched alleyway, alone

"Hello?" He shouted

He saw Death flying through the air, he squinted, trying to make out what he was doing

Death was attacking the alliances forces

Oh storms

Devaan climbed up the alleyway, using the enhanced strength and balance given by allomatic pewter to scale the walls

"CUTHBERT!" He shouted, hoping this would get a response from the figure flying through the clouds

BTW was death originally cuthbert? because your character sheet still says cuthbert even though you call it death, so I dunno. If I'm wrong just imagine I'm screaming Death's name instead

@ShardBreaker, we're gonna fight. Don't get a choice. This is war after all.

As Hellbent spun, killing people left and right, a red fog grew over his vision. I thought the only the Alethi feel the thrill. Either way, he loved it. Reveling in the fight, he killed and killed. He was a whirl of blade and armor, killing anyone he came across. Heran through the alleys. He needed to find someone important. A challenge. Someone with lots of investiture. THen he saw his chance. Veil, dying in a aluminum ball. He had already killed three generals. He would be a challenge. Skybreakers were powerful. He cut open the ball. "Do you have any stormlight left? If not, here." He some spheres to the dying man. "Listen carefully. Try to follow this command, a powerful one, used by gods. SURVIVE. If you can."

Edited by Ark1002

1 hour ago, ShardBreaker said:

Three down. Fifteen left. Veil had been flying around, one by one eliminating the DA generals. He'd pretty much become immune to the pain after the first time he'd passed out, though he could still feel the occasional twang in his chest as someone died in a particularly painful way. Just a few more, Veil thought, as he took an arrow to the leg. He'd sustained a few major injuries during his job, but they we're nothing compared to the pain he felt from the deaths around him. Just a few more, Veil thougt as he eliminated another general, falling to the ground in pain as he did so. 

Happy for someone to think they were killing DA generals but a few points to note:
1. The DA hasn't committed to the fight at this point other than defensively so I'm assuming the bulk of the enemies are a few Hemalurgic creations that escaped the labs, Eldritch horrors and the Black Crusade.
2. Most people who could be regarded as generals of the DA aren't particularly active in the RP right now or have characters who aren't directly affiliated. And given that they're high ranking members of the DA, they're not really something that could be casually killed off screen. I'd say they'll probably just be absent for the duration of the war, off world.

Caer was on street own moment, he was pushed into an alleyway another, watching a horror move past.

He squinted his eyes at his saviour. He was wearing crusader armour! But he’d saved Caer, so... what did that mean?

Storms. He hated not knowing good and bad. First he thought TUBA was the enemy, and then the Ghostbloods, before realising that they both were teamed up against the Black Crusade.

But this... man. He’d proved not all crusaders were bad. Why were they were even having this war.

“You’re... an ally?” He carefully asked the crusader, completely unknowing he was talking to their leader. He didn’t seem right in the head, but then again, no one was around here. Caer especially.