Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

I also have a question. If I want to change a part of my character sheet at some point, for example to join a guild or swear another oath, I have to get those changes approved by moderators, right?

Joining a guild, no you don't need approval.

Sweaing an oath? Yes you would need some form of approval because it represents a major increase of power.

Also please try to avoid double posting in the future.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

I also have a question. If I want to change a part of my character sheet at some point, for example to join a guild or swear another oath, I have to get those changes approved by moderators, right?

Well, guild changing would need approval from the guild. But not the mods.

Name: Rye Smedry

Physical Characteristics: Pretty young, 15 years old, black hair, pretty thin. He wears pretty earthy clothing. a jacket with a shirt and pants.

Investiture: Dark talent (150)

Skills: n o n e

Equipment: Translator and Truthfinders lenses, one lense of each in a pair of glasses. (so a pair of glasses with one lens translator and one lens truthwatcher). (30)

Weakness: Rye is very inexperienced in his talent, sometimes it works in his favor but it often doesn't. He can be put in shock when reminded of his past which really affects him. (-35) (I feel like the unpredictability of his talent is basically a big weakness) 

Family: No longer in contact except for his sister.

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: Rye always knew he had a Smedry talent, he just never wanted to learn it. When he was 10, he accidentally broke his own older sister, which caused him to have a huge shock whenever breaking living animals/plants. He never wanted to learn how to break things due to the unpredictability and the danger of it. When Rye turned 15 however, and was chased by an army of fifty librarians, he decided something had to change, he just didn't know what. After he managed to meet his older sister in the cognitive realm (due to her anchoring herself to a large pool of investiture). She tells him that she went to the cognitive realm before he broke her because her lenses and gibberish and nonsensical phrases warned her of something like this, although she cant go back to the physical realm, she's fine where she is. Rye receives her lenses which oddly enough, both have no tint, and end up being a truth finder and translator lens in one. His sister also tells him that what he did wasn't his fault and he had to keep going no matter what. That led Rye to make his way to the alley verse, attempting to find purpose and reason in himself and his curse of abilities.

Guild: n/a

Personality: Quite clumsy and often forgets where he put things. Deep down however, he tries to find reason and purpose in living. Would probably still break things on accident even without his talent.

Appearance: [maybe coming soon]

Theme Song:

Edited by Minato™

Ark:

Spoiler

Name: Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III (Ark)

Guild affiliation: Ghostbloods (Councilman)

Investiture: Amberite bond, Sand Master of middling power 

Skills: Skilled in assassination, average melee weapon training.

Weaknesses: Extreme OCD. Suffers from hallucinations and voices, both taking the form of those he killed. Paranoid to unhealthy levels.

Appearance:

Skin: Pale

Eyes: Brown, almost black

Height: 6 foot 7 inches

Build: Muscular, powerful

Hair: Dark brown, violet, magenta, and lavender streaks

Quirks: Ghostblood tattoo on forehead, small toothlike scars in right cheek. Left arm is covered in slash scars. Tattoo of chinese dragon curling around right arm. A tattoo of a skull with a waraxe imbedded in it, wrapped in the coils of a snake, on his back.

Clothing: Black long sleeved shirt and pants. Black vest, gold thread on edges. A crisp jacket with a high neckline and collar and a split tail, open in the center silver thread lining the bottom and the neck. A silver Ghostblood pin on one side of the collar, a golden sword on the other. Symbol of skull with waraxe imbedded in it, wrapped in the coils of a snake on back of jacket. Black boots, made of scales. An amber necklace, gold chain, a small cremling inside. Ruby ring on middle finger of right hand, glowing with stormlight. Amberite on left. Twisted, thornlike black metal crown on head.

Home planet: Alleyplanet

Family: House Ebony, a Ghostblood family.

Personality: Flamboyant, confident.

Backstory: Ark was bred in House Ebony to be perfect for the Ghostbloods. Sand Mastery, along with an amberite bond. He was trained from a young age to kill, and was given minor training in weapons. His entire childhood was a challenge. His family had him fight a Whitespine at 13, to prove himself. He got his scarred arm then. At fifteen, he was thrown in a dark room with five deadly snakes and one constrictor. He was bitten, getting his scars on his cheek. At eighteen, he got his tattoo of the dragon and the House Ebony crest. When he reached twenty, they let him join the Ghostbloods in full, and he took his tattoo. He completed many successful assassinations, and other missions. He slowly rose through the ranks. He came to be put in charge of training in assassination, and continued to be a powerful asset. At age thirty, he was attacked by a cadet, who said they thought he was someone else. The cadet was named Mike. Or Mark. Or Mario? In any case, he sent the cadet to a friend in the DA. But recently, he was promoted to Councilman in full.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4dEHt7Nnfk

@MacThorstenson

14 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Ark:

Hide contents

Name: Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III (Ark)

Guild affiliation: Ghostbloods (Councilman)

Investiture: Amberite bond, Sand Master of middling power 

Skills: Skilled in assassination, average melee weapon training.

Weaknesses: Extreme OCD. Suffers from hallucinations and voices, both taking the form of those he killed. Paranoid to unhealthy levels.

Appearance:

Skin: Pale

Eyes: Brown, almost black

Height: 6 foot 7 inches

Build: Muscular, powerful

Hair: Dark brown, violet, magenta, and lavender streaks

Quirks: Ghostblood tattoo on forehead, small toothlike scars in right cheek. Left arm is covered in slash scars. Tattoo of chinese dragon curling around right arm. A tattoo of a skull with a waraxe imbedded in it, wrapped in the coils of a snake, on his back.

Clothing: Black long sleeved shirt and pants. Black vest, gold thread on edges. A crisp jacket with a high neckline and collar and a split tail, open in the center silver thread lining the bottom and the neck. A silver Ghostblood pin on one side of the collar, a golden sword on the other. Symbol of skull with waraxe imbedded in it, wrapped in the coils of a snake on back of jacket. Black boots, made of scales. An amber necklace, gold chain, a small cremling inside. Ruby ring on middle finger of right hand, glowing with stormlight. Amberite on left. Twisted, thornlike black metal crown on head.

Home planet: Alleyplanet

Family: House Ebony, a Ghostblood family.

Personality: Flamboyant, confident.

Backstory: Ark was bred in House Ebony to be perfect for the Ghostbloods. Sand Mastery, along with an amberite bond. He was trained from a young age to kill, and was given minor training in weapons. His entire childhood was a challenge. His family had him fight a Whitespine at 13, to prove himself. He got his scarred arm then. At fifteen, he was thrown in a dark room with five deadly snakes and one constrictor. He was bitten, getting his scars on his cheek. At eighteen, he got his tattoo of the dragon and the House Ebony crest. When he reached twenty, they let him join the Ghostbloods in full, and he took his tattoo. He completed many successful assassinations, and other missions. He slowly rose through the ranks. He came to be put in charge of training in assassination, and continued to be a powerful asset. At age thirty, he was attacked by a cadet, who said they thought he was someone else. The cadet was named Mike. Or Mark. Or Mario? In any case, he sent the cadet to a friend in the DA. But recently, he was promoted to Councilman in full.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4dEHt7Nnfk

@MacThorstenson

He’s at 85 investiture points and 95 skills, that puts him at needed 30 points of weaknesses. 

I would ask how much the OCD and hallucinations affect him, like what would be cases where they are triggered and how does he cope with them. 

Also, how does the timeline workout, how was he bred for the GB’s if he is thirty and the Gb’s are only like 20 years old at the most?

The Ghostbloods are definitely more than twenty. It's been about twenty years since era 1. We were around late era 0. Do you really think the Era 1 Ghostblood power was gained in a year or two?

The OCD is to the point he finds the need to rearrange beer glasses and push in chairs. It makes him almost unable to cope with dirty environments.

The hallucinations and voices vary. At the average time he can ignore them, them fading back to motion on the edges of his vision and faint whispers. At their worse, there is dead corpses and moving soldiers all throughout his vision, and screams of pain and anger is all he can hear. He can usually go about three hours without bad hallucinations and voices. But if he performs an assassination, he will find himself unable to function for at least two hours. It gets to terrible points at least twice a day.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

The Ghostbloods are definitely more than twenty. It's been about twenty years since era 1. We were around late era 0. Do you really think the Era 1 Ghostblood power was gained in a year or two?

To the rescue!

We are in the 22nd year of the Alleyverse. The Ghostbloods were created halfway through the third year. That means that Ark (the character) can be at most 19 years of age, since that’s how old the Ghostbloods are.

And it also appears that the Ghostbloods gained prominence over the course of about six months in-universe. Which is odd, but not impossible, considering that there was a clamor for membership and a considerable power vacuum at the time.

23 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

To the rescue!

We are in the 22nd year of the Alleyverse. The Ghostbloods were created halfway through the third year. That means that Ark (the character) can be at most 19 years of age, since that’s how old the Ghostbloods are.

And it also appears that the Ghostbloods gained prominence over the course of about six months in-universe. Which is odd, but not impossible, considering that there was a clamor for membership and a considerable power vacuum at the time.

Uh. I will probably lose this arguement, as you know a LOT.

But in current worldbuilding, the Ghostbloods would have beena around before then. They gained major prominence then. But they existed.

And we're not in year 22. We're in the 22nd year since Era 0. The amount of years in Era 0 is... a lot.

56 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Uh. I will probably lose this arguement, as you know a LOT.

But in current worldbuilding, the Ghostbloods would have beena around before then. They gained major prominence then. But they existed.

And we're not in year 22. We're in the 22nd year since Era 0. The amount of years in Era 0 is... a lot.

Yes, there are quite a few. Four, by my reckoning. Which means 18 years since Era 0 if I am correct.

(I made a timeline for this, which you’ll have to hunt for in the PM, and that illustrates my point a little clearer.) But let’s summarise the length of the Eras:

1. Era 1: three to three-and-a-half months. There is at most a month between the start of the Era and Calm given the events leading up to it, a month between Calm and Tension (at a stretch, but this is off of Septimus’ travel times assuming some relative difficulty), a stated month between Tension and Divided, and Divided leads directly into SDW. This means that, allowing for a few extra days here and there, Era 1 was 3.5 months long, or about a quarter of a year. (Surprisingly short, but what the hey.)
  2. Sixteen Year Peace: Self-explanatory. We are at 16.25 years.
  3. Era 2: One year. This is based on the positioning of Great Game (which was roughly halfway through, and explicitly five months after the one-month-in Ghostblood Ball), as well as Alum’s statement that Voidus had been in the barrier for seventeen years when he was released. (Quoting myself, so a little dodgy, but it seems about right and doesn’t contradict anything that I’m aware of.) We are at 17.25 years.
  4. Timejump: One year. We are at 18.25 years.
  5. Era 3: unless there has been another timejump that I am not aware of, it is safe to assume it has only been running for a few months in-universe - that pushes us up to 18.5 years.

Add the six months in Era 0 that the Ghostbloods took to gain prominence (it was actually closer to four, but let’s be generous and assume they existed in secrecy for two months prior to going public), and we get 19 years for the length of time that the Ghostbloods have been around.

It is entirely possible that there was a time jump during Era 0 or some other year that I am not aware of, or they date back to much earlier in secrecy, in which case the Ghostbloods would have been around for longer. But I would be surprised if that were the case.

Edited by MetaTerminal

On 4/27/2019 at 0:56 PM, Ark1002 said:

The OCD is to the point he finds the need to rearrange beer glasses and push in chairs. It makes him almost unable to cope with dirty environments.

The hallucinations and voices vary. At the average time he can ignore them, them fading back to motion on the edges of his vision and faint whispers. At their worse, there is dead corpses and moving soldiers all throughout his vision, and screams of pain and anger is all he can hear. He can usually go about three hours without bad hallucinations and voices. But if he performs an assassination, he will find himself unable to function for at least two hours. It gets to terrible points at least twice a day.

OK, so he looks good.

26 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

So the age is fine? I’m fine with stuff contradicting each other or timelines being revised if you are, but I’m not sure that you have realised that there is a substantial contradiction.

I meant in terms of points.

I would like that to be sorted out, but in terms of raw power they are good.

It would be best if you ( @Ark1002  ) refrained from anything involving their backstory until you sorted out the timeline, but Meta is right in that there is a substantial contradiction.

It would be different if the GB's had been founded in secret and then revealed, but they weren't. Meta is right in that there is no logical way for a 30 year old to be a member of the GB's if they were bred for the purpose.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Here's Galvris's bio @Voidus or @MacThorstenson

Spoiler

Name: Galvris Moerevron

Investiture: Powerful channeler.  More powerful than Mazrim Taim, but less powerful than Rand al'thor.  Also, has the Epic power of being able to shift phases, from solid to incorporeal.  He can't go through solid objects with this, but can't be touched.  It's not prime invincibility though, since doesn't do it unconsciously.  He also has the epic power of energy blasts.  Like what Steelheart has but much weaker.

Skills:  Really good at walking.  Like, whenever people see him, they think he's so good at walking that they want to go and take lessons from him.  Other than that, he's a blademaster (from WoT) and able to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat.  Also extremely skilled at air and fire, so it is able to kind of balance out his weakness in spirit.  

Weaknesses: Epic weakness is cheese.  Has to be physical contact, but for some reason he can't touch cheese with his channeling.  If it is ingested, he can't access his epic power for as long as it is in his system.  Another weakness of his is flows of spirit.  Really bad at handling flows of spirit, but can do it if he really needs to.  He can block another channeler of about an average Aes Sedai's strength.  But he can blur the edges to keep himself from being gentled.  His strong sense of justice keeps him from using his power to the best advantage.  Multiple atium spikes (about forty small ones) down his sides enable a really powerful allomancer to give him commands, but it is really hard to keep control of him.

Appearance: Dark, shoulder-length hair, about five feet tall (Earth) kind of short for a hero of legend.  Carries himself like a warrior, and walks really well.  

Personality: A bit conceited, but likeable and with a strong sense of justice.  Is one of the 'good' characters.  

Personality Quirks:  Again, a bit conceited, and he insists on everyone calling him 'Lord Moerevron'.

Bio: Grew up in 'Randland' and had a good childhood.  Disaster struck, and his whole village was burned by whitecloaks looking for witches.  Roamed about, and answered the Dragon's amnesty, and trained with Taim.  Became too powerful; as Taim said "Was not as strong before.  Became so powerful that me and ten of the Asha'man had to take him.  Slipped away before we could gentle him, no one knows where he got that kind of power..."  (Not a direct quote).  Rand and Taim never spoke of it, because they didn't want him to set a precedent.  What gave him is strength was a world hopper that gave him fifty or so atium spikes.  He spiked the other channelers and gave himself their powers, and pinned it on them burning themselves out.  They died mysteriously after that.  He never took spirit, so is still kind of weak there.  The worldhopper who gave him the spikes took him away, and made his way to the Reckonerverse.  Calamity blessed him with Epic powers, and the combined wieght of Epic darkness and Saidin's taint snapped his mind.  He got stuck in the Reckonerverse for twenty so years.  During that time, he just got more and more insane, and finally had control of most of South America.  Even among Epics he was exceptionally powerful and evil.  Rumor had it that he had hemalurgic experiments done to make himself even stronger.  Like with minor energy or phase-shifting epics.  During that time, he had major epic power, but near the end of is riegn, some of his spikes got ripped out, reducing his epic power significantly.  When both Saidin and Epic powers were cleansed, he sought healing power in the alleyverse, but is still a little mad.  He gained his strong sense of justice after that, because of the guilt of all of the atrocities he had committed.  Joined the Ghostbloods recently, but his strong sense of justice interferes with carrying out the Ghostbloods wishes.

Recent Times:

Name: Galvris Moerevron

Investiture: Still a skilled channeler, with fire and earth strength.  Still an epic with incorporeal power and energy blasts.  Incorporeal only lets objects smaller than himself pass through, so he can still be crushed or fall to his death.  Less powerful than he was before, only just less powerful than Mazrim Taim.

Skills:  His days in the caverns made him less good at walking, but he's still better than your average human.  Blademaster, but less sure of himself.  The only way he can use the forms effectively is to summon the void.  Again, a good hand-to-hand fighter, but same predicament as with his blade skills.  He's better at summoning the void, and can blot out his emotions quickly.  Can also withstand extreme pain or torture in the void.  

Weaknesses:  A warder to Ciera.  Is subject to her nonviolent ways.  Feels he owes a debt to her for healing him, and will follow everything she says without fail.  Suffers from frequent episodes of PTSD from his time in the caverns.  Almost never happens while he's in the void, but can and will happen frequently otherwise.  Still has massive amounts of atium spikes down his sides, which allows a skilled allomancer to take control.  Has a few copper spikes, which make him saneish, and is hard for allomancers to control once he's in the void, but someone like Max could still control him.  Better at handling spirit with finesse, but still weak in this area.

Appearance: Looks much as he did before, just a little more serious and haunted.  

Personality: Much less arrogant, and actually slightly likable.  Covers his pain with jokes, and his fun to talk to.  While in the caverns, he had a lot of time to reflect.

Backstory: He fell off of a cliff in Den of Thieves, along with Aeodin.  Before he fell, he was severed by a man he summoned from Tel'aran'rhiod.  He survived the fall, because without Saidin his epic power enough to let him sink into the stone to survive.  The grief of Aeodin's death drove him mad, and he wandered the caverns for days, staying incorporeal to not have to eat or drink.  Finally, he discovered that his epic powers had grown to the point where he could walk through walls.  He climbed through the ground for months, trying to find the surface.  He broke out finally one day, and realized he was near Devaan's Training Grounds.  Ciera found him there, healed his severing, and bonded him a warder.  

Guild Affiliation: Still Ghostbloods.

The "recent times" part is the only neccessary part.  I included the rest for reference.

New Character profile for @John Flamesinger who PM'd me. Has been approved.

Name: John - Singer of the Flames

Physical Characteristics: Tall, Skinny, Not Very Strong

Investiture: F - Cadmium

Skills: Singing, Thinking,

Equipment: Small Sword

Weakness: Doesn’t Like Water At All

Family: Mother moved back to Silverlight, Sister & Father went missing with expedition to First of the Sun

Home Planet: Family: Scadrial, Born: Silverlight, Grew Up: Always Traveling

Backstory: Growing up seemingly everywhere, John didn’t get to see the Physical Realm until he was 13. Losing his sister and father caused him to go too Scadrial and find a job, something that he has failed at so far.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Psyche: Smart?

Personality: The kind of person who makes friends with everyone, though he’s become a little emotionally unhinged since his Sister and Father went missing.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song: ????

Fighting Style: Tries to get it over with quickly.

Points: 90 (f-Cadmium, skilled scholar, skilled Intelligence)

My character:

Name: Lance

Physical Characteristics: Tall, thin, one blue eye, one black eye

Investiture: Steel compounder, 2nd Ideal willshaper

Skills: Annoying people, and getting to places he shouldn't be able to.

Equipment: A pain fabrial 

Weakness: Hates vegetables, literally cannot eat them without throwing up.

Family: See backstory

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Lance is a beaver that has become human through hemalurgy. One spike.

Guild: VoidBreakers (haven't heard of them? Read this)

Psyche: Cynical?

Personality: Has a tendency to go off on tangents, and is prone to turning everything into a joke

Appearance: Brown, beaver-shade hair, and slightly larger teeth than normal 

Theme Song: No theme song YET

Fighting Style: Tends to drop things on his opponents from a distance

Nevermind

Edited by ShardShaper

New Character,  Warden

Spoiler

Name: Warden

Physical characteristics: 5'5" 120 lbs; 22 years old; short, brown hair; 

Personality: Constantly afraid of being lost, friendly, determined, protective of other people

Skills: Average with handguns, Genius, average scholar of Epic abilities, skilled at survival stuff like hunting and foraging that type of stuff

Equipment: a handgun, a map of alleycity, a knife

Power: Epic, can create disks of "air" (not really air just the best way to describe it) a foot in diameter and half an inch thick, they are indestructible and unmovable once placed, she can place them anywhere she can see, can have up to 3 at a time, they look like a disk of very thin glass, a tineye could see it if they were looking for it, but most people won't be able to.

Weakness:

Epic: Feeling lost, this will weaken her disks depending on how lost she feels, if she is actually lost she won't be able to create disks. This also applies to feeling lost in conversations and abstract things like that though those don't seriously impact her powers.

Other: she doesn't like being alone, gets nervous if she's alone. Doesn't know how to fight very well.

Family: Parents, Deceased

Home Planet: Reckoners-Earth

Backstory: Warden lived in decently sized but isolated town in Montana, when she was 8 she got lost in a forest for 4 days, and the experience was truamatizing for Warden. a few years later Warden decided that she wouldn't ever get lost in that forest again so she would spend a few hours a day exploring the forest until she became comfortable with it and could spend days at a time in there. When Calamity rose Warden was 15 and spending a multiple day trip in the forest, she went back to her home town only to find it demolished by one of the towns people turned epic. Everyone in the town was dead and the epic had moved on. She spent the next few years working for more powerful epics as a bodyguard, until one day she saw a strange rift in an alleyway, curious she walked closer and got sucked in and dumped in Alleycity.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Fighting Style: protect herself and keep people back with disks and then shoot them 

@MacThorstenson  @Voidus

My character:

Name: Lance

Physical Characteristics: Tall, thin, one blue eye, one black eye

Investiture: Steel compounder, 2nd Ideal willshaper

Skills: Annoying people, and getting to places he shouldn't be able to.

Equipment: A pain fabrial & shardblade

Weakness: Hates vegetables, literally cannot eat them without throwing up.

Family: See backstory

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Lance is a beaver that has become human through hemalurgy. One spike.

Guild: VoidBreakers (haven't heard of them? Read this)

Psyche: Cynical?

Personality: Has a tendency to go off on tangents, and is prone to turning everything into a joke

Appearance: Brown, beaver-shade hair, and slightly larger teeth than normal 

Theme Song: No theme song YET

Fighting Style: Tends to drop things on his opponents from a distance

Ok

Steel Compounder=140

Shardblade(How would he use this, he's a KR?)=30

Pain Fabrial=20

Willshaper, 2nd Ideal=80

Your grand total is 170, all magic 'cause I don't see any physical stuff. Also, I have some concerns. First off, how would he wield a dead Shardblade, he's a KR? Secondly, that's one powerful spike. It changes his form, but there's only one. What metal is it? 

That was cursed, but I think I fixed it.

Edited by Dr. Dapper

The spike is steel. It's not a dead shardblade, it's his lightspren. His lightspren usually refuses to turn into a shardblade, as it considers it "beneath him". My guess is that feruchemy affects beavers WAY MORE than humans, because beaver spirit webs are smaller to begin with, so the chang is more dramatic.

1 minute ago, ShardShaper said:

The spike is steel. It's not a dead shardblade, it's his lightspren. His lightspren usually refuses to turn into a shardblade, as it considers it "beneath him". My guess is that feruchemy affects beavers WAY MORE than humans, because beaver spirit webs are smaller to begin with, so the chang is more dramatic.

He's only a 2nd ideal Willshaper, how does that work?