Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, Archer said:

I still have serious reservations. That strength of channeling apparently introduces some possibilities involving energy and explosions that are in a different league than the other characters in this era. And I'm still not sold on the intent. If the purpose is just to make a powerful character so you can go after someone else's character, that's an unfortunate goal. There are better ways to compete, in my opinion. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, MacThorstenson said:

Your objections are noted.  I have changed my objective a bit, as I realize I have no chance of defeating Solace or Sephtis or whatever DNA-spliced creation Mraize thinks up.  I have changed this guy's mission from creating his own faction to bringing justice throughout the alleyverse.

15 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

And he’s already insane? Yup, I vote this character to be made. It will be fun having another minion. :P 

He didn't use them all... just like fourty or so.  He also got mental healing, so doing a pretty good job of keeping insanity at bay.

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Still, fourty spikes? And not one of them is a stability one? At that point any Rioter could probably hijack his mind.

Yes, it makes up for his great strength.  Wait... I think I just challenged Max.  It's a good thing he doesnt have any nicrosil left...  I should probably get some stability spikes though.

Edited by Kaladin78

@Kaladin78 I have put your character, Moerevron, on the list. I still feel that having a swordmaster, Epic, channeler, hemalurgically enhanced character is OP, but maybe I'll be proved wrong. Power is an illusion of perception and all that. The only way to actually see if a character is unfairly powerful is to see how it interacts with other characters in the RP, so consider this a test drive. I still reserve the right to talk to you about it later (as I would with any character) if it's causing discord. And if any other RPers have issues, I'm sure they'll made themselves heard. 

Just because something is on a bio doesn't mean you should use it. So RP responsibly. Enjoy. 

There is a limit. The maximum words you can put in a list is about 60,000. If the average bio is about 200 words, we can only accommodate about 300 of them in the OP. But I have plans to start a new post right after the first one, which could double how many bios we can have.

More practically speaking, there comes a point when I have to question if all of your characters need to be on the list. If you aren't RPing with them enough because you're dividing your attention among other characters, they become NPCs or very minor characters. Those don't need to be on this list.

And if your characters die at too high a rate, I'm going to start getting suspicious. As a general rule, if a character doesn't last more than two or three days, they probably don't need to be on here. It's hard enough managing the maze of spoilers tags and pictures that is the OP, I don't need more clutter.

To put a number on it, I think a new character every two weeks is fine. But I'm not going to reject bios based on that. If you spam me, I'll call you out on it, but if they're serious submissions I'll put them up. 

Edited by Archer

As a note: Please do still post here if you're making a minor character that has any significantly unusual features (Is particularly powerful or has a particularly rare powerset) so that people still have the opportunity to raise concerns before you get too attached to the character. Maybe just mention in the bio that it doesn't need to be added to the OP.

10 hours ago, Archer said:

@Kaladin78 I have put your character, Moerevron, on the list. I still feel that having a swordmaster, Epic, channeler, hemalurgically enhanced character is OP, but maybe I'll be proved wrong. Power is an illusion of perception and all that. The only way to actually see if a character is unfairly powerful is to see how it interacts with other characters in the RP, so consider this a test drive. I still reserve the right to talk to you about it later (as I would with any character) if it's causing discord. And if any other RPers have issues, I'm sure they'll made themselves heard. 

Just because something is on a bio doesn't mean you should use it. So RP responsibly. Enjoy. 

Thank you.  I will try to RP responsibly, and I sincerely hope that I'm not causing others problems.

Umm, just thought I’d add this here in case anyone’s wondering about Lusk. Don’t worry about adding this to my bio, it’s not that important.

Spoiler

Name: Lusk Uwik

Investiture: Atium Ferring.

Skills: Can store and tap age. Can also order people around, though whether they listen is another story. GB Council Member.

Weaknesses: Insecure about liking poetry and wanting to go to space ever since he was a boy. Egotistical and has too much confidence in himself. Insecure about being an Atium Ferring.

Personality: Despicable in every way. If people had taglines to go with their names, Lusk’s would be: “Lusk, a Complete Cremling.” He has a little depth through his projected aura of confidence even though he’s really insecure about most things.

History: Originally from Threnody, parents were pretty tough on him which is how he develops his insecurity and projected narcissism. As more and more people started following his orders his ego stared to become more than just a projection. Made his way to become a GB Council Member.

Request: If you want to kill this character, as I’m sure many want to, please PM me so we can come up with the most satisfying way of doing it together :P 

2 hours ago, Ookla the Libre said:

@Ookla the Paragon As per the Exploring thread, Riathor's outta the action. you should be fine to remove him from my list

That's sad. 'Twas a good way to go though. 

When characters die, I do not remove them from the list. The information should remain available for people to refer to if they're reading old posts, and so it can be referenced in resources like our wiki. If they're submitted, or I happen to notice it happen, I add a character's cause of death to their bio, usually right after their name, so people can easily see their current status. For Raithor, I'll do something similar. If you would prefer a different wording, you may message me with what you'd like written in the relevant field. 

EDIT: I'd forgotten he was an adopted character. I would recommend keeping him under your spoiler tag as well, because that's where people will look if they're reading a post of yours involving him, but if you really feel strongly about it, I'm willing to remove him, knowing he's also under MoHaam's spoiler tag. 

Edited by Ookla the Paragon

Can you put Thel in by character list? Thanks.

Spoiler

Thel 'Vrarom

Investiture: Double Nicrosil.

Species: Sangheili(Halo Elite)

Special: Spartan Ⅱenhancements on top of Sangheili strength, and a flood partial infection.

Skills: He is an incredibly good fighter, a very good engineer, and a master strategist.

Equipment: He has a investiture powered energy sword, a modified set of mjolnir armor, and a bolt shot pistol. He also has  a shield generator, a cloaking device and a short range jet pack.

Mjolnir Armor Mods: His armor has an aluminum alloy coating its outer shell and is modified to shape a Sangheili. It also has support for a cloaking device and is extra thick.

Clothes: He wears a black bodysuit under his armor.

Personality: He is very honorable and will always follow through on his word. He will fight to the death to protect anyone who works for him, even against those who are much stronger than he.

Weakness: He has an extreme code of honor. He will always except a dueling challenge and will not allow anyone to interfere to his favor. He will never back down, will work himself to death before admitting defeat and always give people to warnings before killing them.

History: He grew up as a member of the covenant directly before the great schism. He had been training for years, and his father was a fleet commander. His father landed on the last planet with the facilities to make spartan 2s. The humans invited them to negotiate. In a peace negotiation they agreed to put his on through the program. He survived and became the first Sangheili to go through the spartan program. Then the schism took place. His father's fleet remained loyal to them and the human’s joined them. Than Covenant Brute ships arrived and killed his father. At that time he was a young adult and was already the heir to the fleet. He took command and destroyed the brute fleet. He found a Promethean garrison and recruited the five regiments he found within. Then his fleet was sucked into a wormhole that was caused by the destruction of Alleys in the 7 day war by the phoenix. They arrived and crash landed on the Alleyplanet without anyone noticing. He started repairing the ships and made it a guild. He promoted one of the spartans you served under him to work with him, and recruited a skilled human to join them. They became the other two leaders of the Precursors guild. He then went into the ruins of the base of an alliance called the true alley and killed the several dozen, heavily armed scavengers  at the DA lab. While doing this, his face was mildly damaged and his arm was broken. He then found what he came for. The secret DA project; the Flood. An infection form jumped on him. It was young and severely damaged, so it only affected his damaged portions. He now has a flood arm and half his face was infected. He took it with him and made it an integral part of his guild. He then increased his recruitment rate and allied himself with The Sentinels.

Edited by Darth Ookla

16 hours ago, Ookla the Paragon said:

That's sad. 'Twas a good way to go though. 

When characters die, I do not remove them from the list. The information should remain available for people to refer to if they're reading old posts, and so it can be referenced in resources like our wiki. If they're submitted, or I happen to notice it happen, I add a character's cause of death to their bio, usually right after their name, so people can easily see their current status. For Raithor, I'll do something similar. If you would prefer a different wording, you may message me with what you'd like written in the relevant field. 

EDIT: I'd forgotten he was an adopted character. I would recommend keeping him under your spoiler tag as well, because that's where people will look if they're reading a post of yours involving him, but if you really feel strongly about it, I'm willing to remove him, knowing he's also under MoHaam's spoiler tag. 

Nah it's fine whatever happens. I didn't know what was tradition, that's all. :)

It's just that I may be adding a character, and I don't know if yall want a million profiles under me spoiler tag.

However, I purposefully left him alive, in case MoHaam comes back.

@Darth Ookla

There's a few things I don't understand. I'm not into Halo, so could you explain his enhancements to me, as well as the tech? (And since these are new elements in the verse if I recall correctly, I think they should be discussed in the Homeless PM first. If they already have been, ignore that and just point me to the page, I might have missed it.) Also, how did investiture power his sword? Thanks. 

@Ookla the Libre

I don't mind. If you ever get too many, I'll give you your own post or something. We'll make it work. 

Edited by Ookla the Paragon

2 hours ago, Ookla the Paragon said:

There's a few things I don't understand. I'm not into Halo, so could you explain his enhancements to me, as well as the tech? (And since these are new elements in the verse if I recall correctly, I think they should be discussed in the Homeless PM first. If they already have been, ignore that and just point me to the page, I might have missed it.) Also, how did investiture power his sword? Thanks. 

So, I have a doc about how the halo stuff exists, and I asked if it was possible, and it was very well agreed on, and when I had a positive reaction from Voidus, I was thought it was fine.

He has the spartan 2 enhancements, which, to my knowledge, double the person's strength, increases their response time by about 20ms, and their dexterity is put incredibly high. The human variety have also been cited to be able to sprint at 100 kilometers per hour, but when MC did this, he tore his achilles tendon.

He is a sangheili, which makes him almost as good at all those things as a spartan 2 already so, it makes him even better.

The Mjolnir armor enhance strength, at least as much as shardplate, enhances their dexterity much more, gives them a heads up display, has a shield generator, and the armor by itself probably could protect from about %60 of the same strain as shardplate.

His sword uses the same plasma-investiture power cell that the early sentinel weapons use.

Spoiler

Name: Warwick

Investiture: Feruchemist, Misting (Nicrosil)

Appearance: Brown hair, vantablack eyes, black/grey cloak, black shirt, black pants.

Weapons: Scythe, Daggers, Throwing Knives, Katana, metal vials, metal bracers

Weaknesses: Scared of heights

History: Lived in the slums of Luthadel. Was made into a assassin by a thieving crew to kill nobles. Ran away and was kidnapped by a worldhopper and was taken to the alleyverse.