Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Life&Death said:

@Voidus

What are Voidus Prime’s abilities. I want to  know if it is actually possible for Soul to defeat him. 

It usually gets easier for Soul to kill things the more powerful they are. Up to a point anyway.

Too numerous to list?

I hadn't anticipated anyone actually wanting to get in a direct confrontation, I might not know the exact plan here but I'd say it's almost certainly inadvisable to try to get in a fight with him.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Too numerous to list?

I hadn't anticipated anyone actually wanting to get in a direct confrontation, I might not know the exact plan here but I'd say it's almost certainly inadvisable to try to get in a fight with him.

I’m not sure I’m going to bring Soul back, so just for the sake of me thinking, of what nature are his powers? Directly affecting, or can he basically do anything? 

Just now, Life&Death said:

I’m not sure I’m going to bring Soul back, so just for the sake of me thinking, of what nature are his powers? Directly affecting, or can he basically do anything? 

Pretty much any ability available in the cosmere, a few minor abilities that aren't, Alleymatics, and one other trick that is really meant to be an end-game reveal so I'd rather not talk about it too much here.

Not omnipotent but he's about as close as you could get in the Alleyverse.

Voidus prime devotes 90% of his power at all times to ensuring he is not in any way inside a pineapple. This is actually the real reason he can't get out of the barrier, he just doesn't want anyone to know that yet.

My last thought on the subject, I would highly advise as a community the banning of Banefire. Explanation of what Banefire is in spoiler. Shouldn't contain relevant spoilers for the books.

Spoiler

Banefire will immediately destroy anything it touches, and erase it from existence. The stronger the banefire, the further back it erases the thing in time. I.E. using banefire to kill someone who had just stabbed you would mean you had never been stabbed in the first place, though anyone who saw you use the Banefire would still remember it happening. This stuff is so powerful even the villains were banned from using it in WOT because it slowly was destroying reality from frequent use.

Edited by Karnatheon

2 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

My last thought on the subject, I would highly advise as a community the banning of Banefire. Explanation of what Banefire is in spoiler. Shouldn't contain relevant spoilers for the books.

Hide contents

Banefire will immediately destroy anything it touches, and erase it from existence. The stronger the banefire, the further back it erases the thing in time. I.E. using banefire to kill someone who had just stabbed you would mean you had never been stabbed in the first place, though anyone who saw you use the Banefire would still remember it happening. This stuff is so powerful even the villains were banned from using it in WOT because it slowly was destroying reality from frequent use.

There’s not really an issue with it so long as you understand that people will doge it. 

In fighting, it’s considered good for you to give people a way out with your attacks. Considering balefire is an insta kill, I say that most people are able to dodge my attacks. 

I would ask that any character that uses balefire make sure that it’s in character. Most good people don’t use it, because it would stop your character from going beyond. If you want to use it, ask your self if you really are that evil?

So long as you don’t expect it to be an insta kill and realize that people will dodge it if you use it for attacks, and you make sure it’s in character, then I say you can go ahead. 

Those are fair points. As long as it's used in moderation it should be fine. It just has the potential to be a plot killer. Like it could destroy the barrier containing Voidus potentially and therefore erase it from ever existing which means Voidus would have never neen stuck which means Well of Descension would be pointless.

Don't we (as in the controllers of the characters) already exist somewhere at the other side of the world? Also, if you want to create a character that interacts with the 4th wall as a basis of their powers, please make it something like Archer did, and don't make them really powerful. It kind of breaks the entire alleyverse.

@Archer I came up with a new character. 

Spoiler

Name: Fae'evren

Home Planet: Roshar

Apearence: Depends on what form she takes. Her most common form is Nimbleform, with swirling patterns predominately white, with red and some black accenting it. In this form she has long, flowing, white hair.

Investiture: Varies, has the potential to access many different types of Investiture.

Gear: Keeps a small backpack with some necessities in it. 

Special Skill: Instead of being limited to the typical forms, can change into things like Allomancyform, Feruchemyform, Forgeryform, the forms of power, and others. She has only base control over what she ends up with though. So if she chooses Allomancyform she may have access to Steelpushing or Rioting or any other random metal, she hasn't learned how to control which one it turns out to be. This also takes a lot of effort to do, so she can't simply change forms until she gets what she wants.

Weakness: If she uses her special ability to gain access to Investiture, she has no control over what she ends up with. This makes it very difficult to gain any level of proficiency with a specific type of Investiture, seeing as it is random. She has a basic knowledge of how to use all of her forms, but hasn't specialized in any of them. Is a little too curious for her own good.

History: Fae'evren always wanted to see the world. She loved exploring and discovering new places, and new people. Of course, all the people she met seemed to treat her, at best, like she didn't exist. At worst, they treated her as an enemy. Over time travelling became more difficult for her, as continued hardships made it harder for her to progress. She decided she needed to be more powerful, so she went to seek a Boon of The Nightwatcher. She had heard tales of this being from humans she had encountered, and she was curious what she would find. She made the difficult journey successfully, and when she asked The Nightwatcher for access to all of the Forms, she got more than she asked for. Her Boon was access to all the Forms, even those not known to Regal's before now, her Bane was to have almost no control over those forms. So she would as asked, have power, but not always be able to do with it what she wished. She then left The Nightwatcher, trying to learn how to control all of her numerous forms. She accidentally ended up in the Alleyverse, and though she wishes to return to Roshar, has not been able to replicate the sequence of events that got her here in the first place. So she spends her time, trying to figure out her abilities, and trying to find a way home.

I don't know if this is cool or not, I feel like I made the downside more than make up for the upside, and will ensure that I rp her abilities properly so I end up with the wrong thing more often than not, although she may figure out ways to solve problems via alternate methods due to her limitations. I really wanted to play a Listener, and I also wanted to have some fun with it, so this is what I went with. Everyone feel free to let me know if you see any issues with this.

Looks relatively balanced to me but just as a note: Changing forms requires a Highstorm or Everstorm, the Alleystorm should be able to do something similar but that means they'll need to wait for an Alleystorm to change forms.