These Stupid Ranks

Chaos

So don't get me wrong: what I'm about to say is by no means a deal breaker. But what is Enefel? I was looking at the rep list, saw that it was the next one I could get and...

Well, I'll be frank. I'm not quite sure what American Football has to do with the cosmere. Explanations please.

(For the record, Midnight Essence? That is ]i]so[/i] going to change my picture to Luna in one form or another.)

From the Coppermind:

In modern usage Aon Ene has come to mean intelligence in a general sort of way. Scholars note however that originally it referred to cleverness or the ability to out-wit and out-think an opponent. It was a symbol that was often used to refer to trickster figures, which were called "Enefel," literally "Wit Killers" or those who kill with wit. During the Middle Era a group of storytellers, who took the name Enefel, began spreading stories of the wonders of Elantris. Some believe the Enefel were agents of the Elantrians who sought to expand their influence and quell the suspicion the rural populace felt towards them. Overtime this group of storytellers developed into a group of scholars that collected stories and histories. By the Late Era several distinct groups of scholars and philosophers had emerged. Aon Ene's association with these groups prompted the expansion of its meaning. [5]

Don't people ever read the Coppermind?

From the Coppermind:

In modern usage Aon Ene has come to mean intelligence in a general sort of way. Scholars note however that originally it referred to cleverness or the ability to out-wit and out-think an opponent. It was a symbol that was often used to refer to trickster figures, which were called "Enefel," literally "Wit Killers" or those who kill with wit. During the Middle Era a group of storytellers, who took the name Enefel, began spreading stories of the wonders of Elantris. Some believe the Enefel were agents of the Elantrians who sought to expand their influence and quell the suspicion the rural populace felt towards them. Overtime this group of storytellers developed into a group of scholars that collected stories and histories. By the Late Era several distinct groups of scholars and philosophers had emerged. Aon Ene's association with these groups prompted the expansion of its meaning. [5]

Don't people ever read the Coppermind?

Elantris. My old foe.

Funnily enough, I do use the coppermind, but it's usually only to double-check stuff from the books I've already read... meaning the entire Sel-portion of the site has been untouched by me. My inabaility to finish Elantris is really starting to impede my ability to do things...

Ah well. Thanks Joe!

Edited by Quiver