I.. really don't understand the point of lynching Arinian. It gives us near to no information, and he might just be busy.

We've been lucky this game, since our hunches have been paying off, but I feel like it stretches imagination to implicate Ari as evil just for being inactive.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:22 AM, Young Bard said:

3 cycles without voting: Eternum, Fifth, Snipexe, Alvron, Xinoehp, Bort, Cadmium, Bard
2 cycles without voting: Drought, Devotary, Walin, Arinian, Arraenae, Orlok
1 cycle without voting: Megasif, I think I am here

Ignoring Orlok, who somehow made it on the list without joining the game, Megasif and Itiah will die this cycle if they don’t vote, so I’m inclined to leave them alone in terms of the lynch, seeing as the filter will sort them out. I’m more curious about Drought, who we know has a lover that’s propping him up. I’d like to hear more from you, @Droughtbringer, considering you’ve been mostly silent so far. What are your thoughts on the game? 

(Note: Actually lynching Drought will probably flip two villagers but might flip two Elims, and I’m willing to take the risk simply for the amount of info it might give us, if Drought doesn’t respond.)

5 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

So because of that, plus Arinian's continuous behavior of voting for himself makes me believe he is elim. I really want to stay on to see if Arinian has time to react to this before Rollover, and possibly change my vote. But for now, Arinian, 

This is kinda how Arinian plays, don't think too much into it. Beyond that, although it does annoy me (I hate people voting on themselves) probably not lynchable, in Arinian's case.

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Ignoring Orlok, who somehow made it on the list without joining the game, Megasif and Itiah will die this cycle if they don’t vote, so I’m inclined to leave them alone in terms of the lynch, seeing as the filter will sort them out. I’m more curious about Drought, who we know has a lover that’s propping him up. I’d like to hear more from you, @Droughtbringer, considering you’ve been mostly silent so far. What are your thoughts on the game? 

[Response here]

(Really tempted to just send that, but I'll be nice)

4 hours ago, Bort said:

Just because I need a vote on someone, random selection says... Megasif.

Probably really shouldn't just be random voting at this point in the game, as we're four cycles in and we want to try and make sure all of our votes count. 

Generally I would expect Alv to be saying more in the game, or, at the very least, to have been more creepy, and the fact that he isn't being creepy is throwing me off slightly, but I don't see Elim!Alv being less creepy than normal

I agree with Eternum's defense of Arinian, and have a slight village read on him

I tentatively trust Fifth, simply because he reminded us that I am a lover, must elims probably wouldn't bring that up and just claim they forgot if that was brought up.

As for elim reads, don't have any at the moment, but I will toss a vote on Rae, slightly bad gut read on her, but no idea why. Rae

Drought, I’m going to apply your own analysis on a meta-level and suspect you for “forgetting” that Rae was a lover, which you will doubtless apologize for later :P 

In all seriousness, Rae is almost certainly good. I can vouch for her goodness, as could about three other people, but revealing them likely wouldn’t be the greatest idea. I have no qualms about vouching for her innocence though, so feel free to lynch me first and draw conclusions on Rae based on that. 

I’m going to switch my vote to Xionehp. I’m not comfortable with how quickly that vote went down. It’s possible you and Drought are lovers, and you’re acting to protect him, but one vote is not lynch pressure (or not significant pressure at any rate). I still have qualms about Drought’s alignment regardless of this, but Xionehp has been contributing fairly minimally all game, and combined with this vote it seems like he’s an elim trying to stay mostly undercover. Wish I had more to go off right now, but I really don’t, so I’ll likely sleep. 

Apologies for my lack of activity, I have a lot of things to finish for school by tomorrow. I'll try to place a vote by the end of the cycle, but I can't guarentee it.

If I have time, I'll look at who started counter lynches against Wonko C2.

I've been told by multiple sources that I shouldn't worry about  Arinian so I will change my vote. I am also suspecting drought, xino and have Bard and Bort and Arraenae on my neutral list. My vote tonight is mainly because I don't want to lose one of my free passes, but I will change it. So I'll randomly vote for Bard

3 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

Generally I would expect Alv to be saying more in the game, or, at the very least, to have been more creepy, and the fact that he isn't being creepy is throwing me off slightly, but I don't see Elim!Alv being less creepy than normal

Since I know nothing of the source material I'm trying to get back to my roots.  :)  Posting very little but watching, always watching.

Vote Tally:
Walin (0): Bort
Alv (1): Eternum
Bort (0): Fifth
Bard (3): Walin, CadCom, Mega
Ari (3): Alv, Itiam, Ari, CadCom
Fifth (0): Bort
Mega (1): Bort
Drought (0): Fifth
Rae (2): Drought, Xino
Xino (1): Fifth

23 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I've been told by multiple sources that I shouldn't worry about  Arinian so I will change my vote.

How trustworthy are these sources?  Could it be a fellow Elim trying to save a teammate?  Why keep it secret and only talk to you when there are two others voting for them and talking in thread would have better chance of getting votes off Ari?

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

If I have time, I'll look at who started counter lynches against Wonko C2.

There weren't really any counter lynches against Wonko cycle 2, as that lynch didn't appear until the very end of the cycle. The only votes cast after Eternum and Orlok voted for Wonko were Alvron voting for Eternum and me voting for Xinoehp.

With his very first post this game, Arinian notified us that he wouldn't be fully active until June 1st.

I'm apologize for my absence but I'm really busy right now(and will be busy till next Friday, I think so...), probably will vote for player with most votes at the end of cycle. 

I hesitate to lynch him one cycle before he becomes fully active. I will reconsider him upon his return to activity, especially if either CadCom or Xinoehp are evil.

CadCom's vote switch and Megasif's vote means that Young Bard is now tied with Arinian. Bard has been focusing on Fifth Scholar all game, even after the main lynch attempt against him dissipated. He apparently missed the fact that Steeldancer voted for Snipexe cycle 2. He was also the first one to note that Orlok was missing from the player list. The two swift votes for Bard are unsettling, especially @Cadmium Compounder's. Separate from what Alvron said, it seems odd that CadCom voted for Bard over Xinoehp when they had the same number of votes and CadCom apparently viewed @xinoehp512 as more suspicious. This makes me feel better about Bard, and worse about CadCom, Xinoehp, and Arinian. I would be willing to lynch either CadCom or Xinoehp this cycle, but I'll put my vote on the latter since he has more votes.

Alas Eternum, xino is wayyy to suspicious for me.

Not only does he seem to want to kill two villagers, but the only time previously (before this cycle) there’s been a vote on him, the scraeling master chased the voter away, nullifying the vote.

Edited by Snipexe
Clarification

54 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Xino. Why jump on me in particular? If you get me wrong, you knock down two villagers, not just one. 

You're a lover? I missed that. I apologize, removing vote Rae

50 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Xino. Let's make this a three-way tie, shall we?

EDIT: Dammit, Devotary.. :P

Xino.

Aren't ties bad for the village this game? I don't have time to check rules but... they're not good, right?

46 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Alas Eternum, xino is wayyy to suspicious for me.

Not only does he seem to want to kill two villagers, but the only time previously (before this cycle) there’s been a vote on him, the scraeling master chased the voter away, nullifying the vote.

And, because I really don't want to die jsit as I become active...

I am Xino's lover. Please don't kill me, or us. I'm an actor, hes a tinker. If this goes through we both die.

but I do need a vote, even though I think this is how Arin  plays, it's better to lose an inactive than someone who is contributing and might be an elim, but could be village, and better than losing two villagers, and I don't know enough about the bard lynch to get behind that. 

I see.. Alright. I'm voting on Arinian, then. I don't particularly want to lynch him, but I don't want a lover pair to die.

EDIT: Drought, iirc ties are random. Also the Ciridae can pick who dies in a tied lynch, too.

Edited by Eternum

29 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Aren't ties bad for the village this game? I don't have time to check rules but... they're not good, right?

And, because I really don't want to die jsit as I become active...

I am Xino's lover. Please don't kill me, or us. I'm an actor, hes a tinker. If this goes through we both die.

Ties are decided by the Ciridae, who is confirmed good, so ties are better in this game than in most other games. 

So you're saying that Xino showed up exactly once cycle 1, made a random vote, then decided to shift your vote to Elandera? That's odd, but fortunately it should be easy for Xinoehp to prove that he's a tinker, so I'll change my vote to Arinian.

I'd like proof that Xino is a Tinker, because you can't readily prove you are an Actor, Drought. Xino, send me an item. I'll reveal what item I have to the thread (next cycle), and Xino can confirm it. How does that sound?

Edited by Eternum

Note: All of this was written late, late last night, and isn't relevant to the last 15 hours or so of discussion, up until the last couple paragraphs, which I've just tagged on now. I'd appreciate a vote count from someone.

Right. My to-do list currently:

1: Respond to Rae's RP
2: Do an analysis of Fifth, specifically
3: Try and do a more broad general analysis of other people that could be an analysis (already done, kinda, but I'd like to take a closer look at a couple people).

*sigh* I can either half-do all of these this cycle, or do one of these properly. Number 3 I'm dropping, for now... My apologies if 1 and 2 aren't as up to scratch as I'd like.

Alev made sure Neris didn't get away all the way back to camp - she looked peeved, and Neris was smart enough not to kick up a fuss.

"Stay here." As Neris started shouting after... who was that again? Something about a lock? People had gotten annoyed at her before, but usually not that much.

Unfortunately, Alev had made enough of a scene as they entered camp, Neris being dragged behind, that the troupe members were watching, only barely trying to hide smirks back from their faces - she couldn't sneak out with so much attention on her. Probably exactly what the sly old woman had intended. Neris flopped down on the ground, sulking, waiting for the troupers to get distracted with other things.

Such a shame her own attention span was just as limited. In the tent next to her, she heard people whispering.

"...not going well..."

"...now that Encanis is dead..."

"...What do we do?"

Neris smiled. If only she could see their faces...

Slowly, she tried to slip around to the front of the tent to try and catch a glimpse through the crack at the front.

On that segue(ish. Not really. But be nice, please :P) :

Right. Running through all of Fifth Scholar's posts since the start of the game since the start of the game:

Cycle 1:

First post: They defend Wonko. They say we should target the Eliminators, not the Cthaeh. Asks for a rules clarification about the Cthaeh in the Elim doc. They poke-vote me.

The defence of Wonko, at the time, seemed fairly NAI to me - just some discussion of lore, proof that they read the rules/books, etc. I still don't necessarily view anything in the language there as looking like it could be a distancing tactic, now that Wonko's flipped, it's a little suspicious.

This is what caught my eye the first time around. The way they pushed on trying to lynch the Eliminators felt... slightly off. It was as though they were trying to make themselves seem like an asset to the village, while not saying anything that's particularly controversial or likely to be challenged. (In the two cycles since, no-ones disagreed with Fifth's assessment, and nobody's made any attempts to find the Cthaeh in the meantime, so this turned out to be a safer statement than even I would have guessed.)

The rest seems NAI for this point in the game/cycle.

Second post: Clarifications. Expresses concern about Encanis and likelihood of all the named Chandrian Roles appearing. Discusses kill roles. Removes poke-vote. Basically NAI, so far as I can tell.

Third Post: Clarifications on part of his discussion when he defended Wonko, including a mistake about the rules (he claimed that the Sithe and the Cthaeh are the only ones to possess secrets. This is incorrect. Encanis and Cyphus also possess secrets, and it turned out Wonko was in fact Encanis, not a Sithe.) Votes on Eternum, defending Elandara. Says their gut is suspicious of Rae and Bort, but it's too early to act on.

The first part, strangely, actually seems fairly villager-y to me - Elim Fifth would know this was false, and generally, Eliminators especially try not to get caught out on something which can so easily be falsified, from my experience.

Naturally, the second part immediately negates any of that trust. :P They do so based on the meta, as well, using the fact that Elandara is a 'new-ish player', rather than any sort of defense of Elandara's posts, which might have seemed more suspicious later, and vote on an inactive, which is a fairly safe choice to vote on.

Rae/Bort as suspects... at that point, those are probably fair suspicions, and it's good that those suspicions seem to be fairly continuous, not bouncing around. NAI, maybe slight village.

Fourth post: Tries to figure out why they're suspicious of Rae - seems to chalk it up to 'just gut'. Been there, know how you feel. NAI.

Fifth post: Clarifies questions on how votes are counted. Responds to my accusation of him.

The clarification - I'm tempted to say that that's a way of seeming active without contributing, but I feel like that's me tunneling - Fifth seems to be contributing a fair amount elsewhere. NAI.

The response is... fair, I didn't give him much to go on (hopefully, something I'm correcting now, even if it takes him a year to read the whole thing :P). Such is the nature of Day 1 votes. NAI.

Sixth post: Rectracts poke vote from Eternum. Encourages Walin to post reads. Says that they don't really have enough suspicion on anyone to place a vote.

The only thing that's possibly alignment indicative there (to me) is his post to Walin. Again, it feels like something to say to seem active without contributing much. Then again, it could easily be a village thing to do as well (I've encouraged people to post a few times this game myself.) Slight Village - even if it is an Elim tactic, I don't think this is the kind of behaviour I want to discourage by trying to lynch them for it.

...OK, at this point it was past 3am and I nodded off, and then I had to leave when I woke up. I was originally building up to a vote on Fifth, but I'm not going to do that now. I... think I have some information that could be relevant to the Drought/Xino claim, which I'm passing on in PM's in the (very likely, it seems) event I die.

For now, Arinian, largely due to self-preservation.

Edited by Young Bard
Clarification/Easier reading.

Vote count so far
Alv (1): Eternum
Bard (4): Walin, CadCom, Mega, Snipexe
Ari (7): Alv, Itiam, Ari, Bard, Rae, Drought, Devoteey
Mega (1): Bort
Rae (1): Xino
Xino (1): Fifth

I hope this is accurate.

Edited by Snipexe
Miswrite

I’m going to put a vote tally from the time that Alv posted one until I posted this one.

Xino: Rae, —Devotary—, —Eternum—, —Snipexe—

Arinian: Drought, Eternum, Rae, Devotary, Young Bard

—Rae—: Drought

Young Bard: Snipexe

So Xino got and lost four votes, and Arinian got five and still has them.

Bard Arinian.

This smells of hammering and I’m gonna stop it before we get more info. Feel free to lynch me if he turns out elim.

Also feel free to question my motives for voting on Arinian, when I say he’s probably innocent.

See ya all next cycle...

Here’s some RP if I put it up before rollover or someone else posts; should take about two minutes

—————————

Nelden sat at the campfire circle. It wasn’t burning, which was why Nelden called it “the campfire circle” rather than “the campfire.”

The others had been giving their suspicions, voicing them quickly and changing their opinions just as quickly. While he enjoyed puzzling through their intents, Nelden did not like that such arguments were being given in decision of whether to end a life. He stood up.

Nelden waved his hands in the air with a flourish, as if he were starting to conduct—and dropped them to his waist in embarrassment. This was not the orchestra from the past. This was the angry, death-y troupe trapped in fae forests.

”Ahem,” Nelden began. “I have a riddle for you. How do we know to tell who is a Cthae? By holly and iron, of course. But no one likes to be forced to touch the materials in turn; we all enjoy intrigue, do we not? Therefore, I have yet another riddle for you—why don’t we just wait a day or two until we have proof? Behavior is a very poor judge of character—these are master charlatans at work here. I hope we settle down and discuss things more slowly, and not in the heat of the moment. Goodnight.”

Edited by Walin

Correction about my: "I think I might know something about the Xino/Drought claim" - apparently Lover vote manipulations don't count technically as actions, and therefore can't be roleblocked or redirected in the way I was thinking. I don't have anything to prove or disprove that claim.

...Darnit, Snipexe. I was compiling a vote count, and you beat me to it. :P

OK, I actually think I'm safer than I thought I was, so I can breathe a slight sigh of relief. I had also been preparing a last info dump about anything that might be relevant before my death, but as that's less likely to happen now, here's the possible list of Eliminator candidates. (I've removed those I considered clear, and Arinian since it seems fairly certain they're dying this cycle. I agree with Eternum's plan that Xino should send Eternum something (though I doubt Xino will see either of our messages so close to cycle end.) Now, these are (roughly) ranked from most villager-y in my mind to most Eliminator-y.

Sorta-villager-y:

15. Arraenae as Alev
14. I think I am here as Itiah II (mainly due to a PM I made with them)

Neutral:

3. Droughtbringer as Pyra Mainiak
11. Megasif as Mega

Sorta-suspicious:

12. Xinoehp512 as Reyalp Nwoknu
8. Snipexe as Snip
6. Walin as Nelden Dastardly
18. Cadmium Compounder as Deric Watar (I don't have time to explain why this cycle - but intend to next cycle.)
7. Fifth Scholar as Marne

Oh...darn. I hadn’t finished compiling my vote tally before Snipexe posted, please ignore mine. I do think my tone sounds very elim-y, and the RP is very story-based rather than game-based—but basically it pointed at the massive voting push that started about two hours ago.