The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Silence has done many things, admitted Michael tersely, several rather unethical. I do not claim to know all his actions, let alone condone them. But he never tortured Star.

"S-see?" Sophie said. "He does what he does... for good." She sounded like she was trying to convince herself. 

16 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

FT plowed through layers of narration and landed, superhero style (although it was shown on a YouTube video how damaging it was to your skeletal system), in front of Astral. "Not if I can help it!"

He rose from his awesomely heroic and epic crouch. "You may be stronger, than I. You may be older, and have nefarious connections with the Ruin, withergeists and evil Potato Chips," FT spread his arms, staring defiantly into the eternal eyes of Astral. "but I am the Shard of Narration and I have something you will never have." FT snapped his fingers. One thousand spotlights spun and focused directly onto him, an orchestra sang a triumphant song, and a roaring wind tossed FT's silver robes. 

"I have style!"

Astral cracked her knuckles, each one producing a clear snap. She sighed. "I don't need style." And smiled. "I have power."

When Astral dissappeared, FT sighed. He cut off the orchestra, dimmed the lights, and turned off the wind. FT wiped the sweat beaded on his brow. That was close. For a moment, he thought he would actually have to fight her. A hero would have chased her down to the bunker and imprisoned her with some sort of clever trick of the plot. That's what a hero would do. "Any volunteers?' No one answered. FT grumbled and kicked the bunker door.

3 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

When Astral dissappeared, FT sighed. He cut off the orchestra, dimmed the lights, and turned off the wind. FT wiped the sweat beaded on his brow. That was close. For a moment, he thought he would actually have to fight her. A hero would have chased her down to the bunker and imprisoned her with some sort of clever trick of the plot. That's what a hero would do. "Any volunteers?' No one answered. FT grumbled and kicked the bunker door.

The withergeist began to devour his shirt.

7 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

All of a sudden Sophie realized something. More than Ruin, more than the approaching end of the world, this something scared her. "Where's XINOEHP!" she said.

I don't know, sent Michael telepathically. Try to find him when you leave, if you can.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

I don't know, sent Michael telepathically. Try to find him when you leave, if you can.

When I leave?

2 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Jaywalk seized on the floor, eye twitching, muscles tense.

Astral eyed him, still bored. 

But Sophie... I want to help, she thought, to no one in particular. But I'm too scared. 

Bravery doesn't mean not being scared. It means doing it anyway. You think Star hasn't been terrified before? Tamika? Ember? Astral, even? It's okay that you're scared. What makes you a coward is not acting anyway. 

Sophie blinked, her posture changing. She clenched her fists. And bracers grew on her wrists. 

The pile of ash, now known as Truthlash, walked... well, shifted over to a withergeist. “Hah!” Truthlash said, “How do you like me now?! I’m a pile of ash! There’s nothing you can do to me.” The pile of ash seemed to have a grin on its face, but it looked oddly strange due to the fact that it was just a pile of ash.

Okay. Just... hold on a moment.

Sophie focused. She popped out of the forcefield, teleporting to Jay. It only lasted a split second. She was gone before the withergeists knew she was there. And when she popped back into the bubble with Michael, Jay's trembling body lay before her. 

"I may not be a hero," Sophie said. "But I think... I think I might be a healer."