The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Someone else surreptitiously picked up the list of invitations, looking for a specific name.

the Knight’s invitation made a dinging noise and spoke in a rhythmic voice. “Your presence is requested.”

4 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex looked on, mildly confused.

Nameless waved at him. “Hi. Would you like to come to my party?” He handed him an invitation.

"If you would like to study here, check with the admissions office," Professor Jones advised Alex.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

the Knight’s invitation made a dinging noise and spoke in a rhythmic voice. “Your presence is requested.”

The Knight warped to the coordinates specified.

2 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex watched him warily, unsure of who he was. After a moment, he turned back to Professor Jones.

"Is it normally like this?"

"No," responded Professor Jones. "Most students are not going to invite complete strangers to their parties."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No," responded Professor Jones. "Most students are not going to invite complete strangers to their parties."

“Oh come on, he’s not a complete stranger. I know his name.” Nameless held out his hand. “I’m Nameless, by the way. And Professor? I don’t think the Knight will be there. He’s probably going to be involved in the plan.”

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

16 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“Oh come on, he’s not a complete stranger. I know his name.” Nameless held out his hand. “I’m Nameless, by the way. And Professor? I don’t think the Knight will be there. He’s probably going to be involved in the plan.”

"What plan?" Alex asked, still fingering the hilt of his sword.

48 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight warped to the coordinates specified.

"Oh thank goodness you're here." someone else gestured towards the Darkbeast. "It's eating a whole in reality. It'll ruin the party to have a hole like that. Could you help me get rid of it?"

20 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"What plan?" Alex asked, still fingering the hilt of his sword.

"Hm? Oh, that." Nameless mimed a stabbing motion. "Some people have a plan to kill the Witherlord. I'm not sure it'll work, but it seems like it has a decent chance of doing so, and I figured it'd be fun to watch regardless, so I set up a party where we can watch it all go down."

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Hm? Oh, that." Nameless mimed a stabbing motion. "Some people have a plan to kill the Witherlord. I'm not sure it'll work, but it seems like it has a decent chance of doing so, and I figured it'd be fun to watch regardless, so I set up a party where we can watch it all go down."

"What is this wither-lord you speak of?"

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"Oh thank goodness you're here." someone else gestured towards the Darkbeast. "It's eating a whole in reality. It'll ruin the party to have a hole like that. Could you help me get rid of it?"

The Knight side-eyed the Darkbeast peacefully chewing. "I would advise relocating the party location."

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex grimaced. "I've known things like that." he remained silent for a moment.

"I don't think I'll go to this party, though thanks for the invitation."

“Okay. The invitation’s there, if you change your mind.”

19 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Knight side-eyed the Darkbeast peacefully chewing. "I would advise relocating the party location."

“Relocate? But we have all the invitations fine-tuned to transport the invitees here. We’d have to give everyone new invitations. Isn’t there something you can do?”

Just now, Emery the Steelrunner said:

“We specialize in removing redundancies, repeats, and annoying patterns; which as you know are some of the worst, terrible, and horrible kinds of pests.” The knight said.

"Can you get rid of the dragon?" said the mayor in a nasally voice.

19 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That would be the job of our Relocation Division," replied the Knight, procuring a business card. "I'm sure they can assist you."

“Maybe, perhaps, and probably.” The knight said handing the mayor a pamphlet, another business card, and an instructional booklet, “But the knights at the Relocation Division would be best for it.” 

17 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That would be the job of our Relocation Division," replied the Knight, procuring a business card. "I'm sure they can assist you."

Someone else sighed. "Fine. I'll give them a call. Are you sure you can't just kill it?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Not worth it," the Knight assured, and departed.

Someone else stared at the Darkbeast for a moment, then called Nameless.

--

Nameless pulled out his phone. "Yes? The Darkbeast you say? Oh dear. I'll be right there." He put down the phone. "Well, I have to go. Nice meeting you Alex."

Nameless snapped his fingers, and the Darkbeast's invitation went up in smoke. "Alright. We'll relocate the party." He snapped his fingers, relocating most of the party stuff to another undisclosed location. "We'll just have to recalibrate the invitations."