What happened to Sadeas? (Joke theories topic)

Lightflame

So in honour of the "What happened to Gaz?" topic (http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/474-gazs-death/), which has become one of the funniest topics now that we know what happened to him (Hoid killing Gaz to get some money was one of the saner theories), I suggest that we make theories about what happened to Sadeas.

Rules of theories: We don't see the scene where Adolin kills Sadeas, and Adolin hides Sadeas's body really well. So the last time we saw Sadeas was back at the warcamps. Suddenly, his Shardblade shows up in a flower pot in Urithiru, while Sadeas himself is nowhere to be found in Urithiru or the Warcamps. What happened to Sadeas?

My theory is that Sadeas is a Radiant, specifically a Willshaper. He went to Urithiru to team up with the rest of the new Radiants, but Nin attacked him because of his betrayal of Dalinar. Surprised, Sadeas summoned Oathbringer, only for it to start screaming. Sadeas freaked out, ditched his Shardblade, and accidentally teleported himself to somewhere where nobody knows who he is, like the Horneater Peaks. Then, when the other characters need a Willshaper, he'll come back and save the day.

My theory is when Sadeas was at Urithiru, he bumped into Jasnah, who had just arrived there at many months of hard travel and self discovery. On learning that Sadeas had got there first and that Shallan was getting all the credit, she got so angry that she soulcasted Sadeas into a flowerpot. As a flowerpot, he did not have enough of a cognitive or spiritual presence to bond a shardblade, so it appeared, and fell into the flowerpot.

I think that ties up all the loose ends.

In book 5, we discover that the flowerpot was actually Gaz, and that Shallan employed him to stand in for Sadeas with some light weaving tricks to make him look like Sadeas. What actually happened was that they found Oathbringer in his room with a note saying, "Went out for some milk, should be back in three months from Shinovar. S." Sadeas was later revealed to have died en route, crushed by a falling greatshell. (Wit's fault)

We've seen how Shallan has a habit of repressing memories, so my theory is that she already knew about the death of her brother Heleran.

Why is this relevant you ask? After Shallan finds out that Amaram is responsible for Heleran's death, she seeks revenge. However, Amaram is somewhat of a tough opponent for the untrained Shallan now that her shardblade advantage is canceled out. But wait, there is a juicier target, one that is far, far more defenseless. He has guards you say hesitantly. He has an entire army, with a number of shardbearers.

She could just bypass the whole lot of them. "I could get close, summon the thing, have it through a man’s chest before anyone knows what happened", Shallan mused.

He only has shardplate, and no one wears that 24/7. The highprinces and their retinue only brought those out when they were headed to battle. She could do it. She could kill Sadeas, the one who ordered Amaram to the battlefield that fateful day.

=======

After slaughtering Sadeas

=======

Shallan reveals her mastery of the arts of Illumination, and creates a perfect (autonomous) copy of Sadeas, undetectable through sight, sound, or touch. Though a few commented that the stench hanging around camp lessened after that day. Mysteriously enough, those around Sadeas always seemed to have a few dun spheres as well.

Unfortunately for Shallan, this little murderous episode reminds her of that *other* memory, and her brain decided it was expedient to just repress the whole lot. Her astounding mastery of the surges is linked with unpleasant memories, and so that is forgotten as well.

Shallan moseys off into the sunset, unaware she is now in control of one of the princedoms of Alethkar.

=======

Sadeas' disappearance

=======

After the great migration to Urithiru, the camp suffers from a lack of stormlight that has never before been seen. Even during the weeping they had some large spheres hold their light, but the fabrials seem to have taken a lot of juice to transport the entire army.

Sadeas is able to subsist off of what stormlight he has left, but unable to obtain any more, the Sadeas-illusion dissipates when no one is looking.

The question is, do you think Shallan is going to own up? If she never mentions anything, I think she gets away scot-free.

Edited by LordCitrus

Well, it's obvious what happened. Sadeas was walking through the warcamps when the Everstorm arrived. Seeking shelter, he ran into a group of parshmen that were just hanging out. These parshmen, however, were good friends of our dear buddy Rlain. Agreeing to give the Brightlord some room in the basement they were going to hide in, the parshmen decided to get back at Sadeas for their friend. After brutally murdering Sadeas by using very large rocks, the parshmen decided to hide the Blade somewhere no one would find it...

So, braving the highstorm, they went out to look for their friend Rlain. Unfortunately, they were swept away by the wind, and the Blade flew away out of reach...

...Only to land in the hands of an aimless bridgeman: Skar. Skar was elated at catching the Shardblade. However, at that second, he was transported to Urithiru. Once there, he was sent out with one of the scouting teams. Afraid that someone would want to mug him in the hall and take it, Skar threw it into a nearby flowerpot. Eventually, he will come and get it, turning out to be the villain of book five.

Ah, it's obvious. Sadeas saw Urithiru and was so pissed off by it (and the everstorm; I mean really! Highstorms, everstorms, non-stop storms, he really had enough) that Sadeas  storming quited until Dalinar deals with the whole Desolation thing. So, Sadeas ditched Oathbringer and went to find himself a frisky new girlfriend to keep him busy until book 10. Then it turns out that chick he ran with was actually Vedeledev who taught him how to beat Odium, so in the last book he becomes Honor's champion.

Obviously Adolin killed him.

Ha ha, of course that's crazy talk; happyfunAdolin would never murder someone in cold blood.

It's actually pretty strongly hinted that Sadeas is the Stormfather. We never see Sadeas and the Stormfather in the same room at the same time. Coincidence?

Also:

AH, the Stormfather said. SO IT WILL END.

“What?” Kaladin shouted into the winds. “What changed? I feel—”

HE COMES FOR YOU, LITTLE TRAITOR. I AM SORRY.

Who else would consider Kaladin a traitor? Obviously Sadeas.

Shouting.

Kaladin heard it now, as if it were closer.

He is mine! a feminine voice said. I claim him.

HE BETRAYED HIS OATH.

Sadeas is really bitter about Kaladin's 'betrayal'.

“No,” Kaladin whispered. “No!”

IT HAPPENED AS IT ONCE DID, the Stormfather said, angry. A human emotion. Kaladin recognized it.

Kaladin recognizes it because he's quite familiar with Sadeas's anger.

I WILL NOT BE A SIMPLE SWORD TO YOU , the Stormfather warned. I WILL NOT COME AS YOU CALL, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DIVEST YOURSELF OF THAT . . . MONSTROSITY THAT YOU CARRY. YOU WILL BE A RADIANT WITH NO SHARDS.

Dalinar gives up his Shardblade to Sadeas for Kaladin and the bridgemen at the end of WoK. Dalinar gives up his Shardblade to the "Stormfather" for his Radiant bond (maybe he'll give up his third Shardblade in book 3?). The parallel is obvious. Note how Dalinar confronts both at the end of the book and forces both to accept his offer.

I AM CALLED. I MUST GO. A DAUGHTER DISOBEYS. YOU WILL SEE NO FURTHER VISIONS, CHILD OF HONOR. THIS IS THE END.

FAREWELL.

“Stormfather!” Dalinar yelled. “There has to be a way! I will not die here!”

Silence. Not even thunder. People had gathered around Dalinar: soldiers, scribes, messengers, Roion and Navani. Frightened people.

“Don’t abandon us,” Dalinar said, voice trailing off. “Please . . .”

Yet another echo of WoK: Sadeas abandons Dalinar on the Tower, the 'Stormfather' abandons Dalinar on another plateau in the climax of the book. Could this be more obvious?

GO, BONDSMITH, the Stormfather said. LEAD YOUR DYING PEOPLE TO FAILURE. ODIUM DESTROYED THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF. YOU ARE NOTHING TO HIM.

Eeriely similar to what Sadeas says about Dalinar's final plateau expedition.

“How can you be certain of that, Amaram?” Dalinar asked.

“Instinct. You gave me this title, this position, Dalinar. I can feel something from the Stormfather himself. I know that a disaster is coming. Alethkar needs to be strong. That means you and Sadeas working together.”

Amaram hinting to Dalinar the truth.

The reason Oathbringer is found in the flowerpot in Urithiru is because Sadeas wasn't expecting Dalinar to call him. In Stormfather form Sadeas can't carry Oathbringer (he has no arms) so he had to drop it in a hurry to meet with Dalinar (usually he leaves it in the table). Once Dalinar binds him, Sadeas can't go back into human form. It's why he's so angry about the binding; Dalinar has 'killed' his human form by doing so:

I AM THE SLIVER OF THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF! the voice said, sounding angry. I AM THE STORMFATHER. I WILL NOT LET MYSELF BE BOUND IN SUCH A WAY AS TO KILL ME!

You guys don't get it do you? Obviously he was growing another shardblade in that flowerpot. He and Oathbringer are both fine, he just went back to find the warcamps to find the enormous, disembodied butt he borrowed his personality from.

It's actually pretty strongly hinted that Sadeas is the Stormfather. We never see Sadeas and the Stormfather in the same room at the same time. Coincidence?

Also:

Who else would consider Kaladin a traitor? Obviously Sadeas.

Sadeas is really bitter about Kaladin's 'betrayal'.

Kaladin recognizes it because he's quite familiar with Sadeas's anger.

Dalinar gives up his Shardblade to Sadeas for Kaladin and the bridgemen at the end of WoK. Dalinar gives up his Shardblade to the "Stormfather" for his Radiant bond (maybe he'll give up his third Shardblade in book 3?). The parallel is obvious. Note how Dalinar confronts both at the end of the book and forces both to accept his offer.

Yet another echo of WoK: Sadeas abandons Dalinar on the Tower, the 'Stormfather' abandons Dalinar on another plateau in the climax of the book. Could this be more obvious?

Eeriely similar to what Sadeas says about Dalinar's final plateau expedition.

Amaram hinting to Dalinar the truth.

The reason Oathbringer is found in the flowerpot in Urithiru is because Sadeas wasn't expecting Dalinar to call him. In Stormfather form Sadeas can't carry Oathbringer (he has no arms) so he had to drop it in a hurry to meet with Dalinar (usually he leaves it in the table). Once Dalinar binds him, Sadeas can't go back into human form. It's why he's so angry about the binding; Dalinar has 'killed' his human form by doing so:

Wow, that's some heavy foreshadowing indeed! And all the similarities... Coincidence? I don't think so! 

My my, all of you miss the obvious, although Seloun was close with his Stormfather theory. As a growing Bondsmith Dalinar imprinted on Oathbringer. Once he bonded the Stormfather and became a proper Surgebinder the bond between him and the Shardblade caused the Spren to regain sentience for a while. It then turned itself into a Shardaxehound and ate Sedeas. Next it wanted to smell on some flowers but because Dalinar didn´t have enought Stormlight it turned back into a blade and got stuck in the flowerpot.

The obidient nature of axehound also points toward Oathbringer being the former blade of a Dustbringer. Coincidence? I think yes!

A spren bonded with him, just before Adolin assassinated him. Immediately after Adolin left, Sadeas teleported to our world. Right now he's hanging out with Brandon Sanderson. Next semester, he'll be teaching a section of one of Sanderson's courses at BYU to free up more writing time.

Rules of theories: We don't see the scene where Adolin kills Sadeas, and Adolin hides Sadeas's body really well. So the last time we saw Sadeas was back at the warcamps. Suddenly, his Shardblade shows up in a flower pot in Urithiru, while Sadeas himself is nowhere to be found in Urithiru or the Warcamps. What happened to Sadeas?

Drugs.

• 1 month later...

When nobody was looking thanks to Urithuru, he quickly sought the Old Magic and asked to become part of a Nahel Bond. Oathbringer gained temporary sentience, and Sadeas became a spren for a bit as well. But the sword quickly cut off the bond after a brief celebration because Sadeas is the worst spren, reversing the boon and turning back into a sword and landing in a flowerpot. Sadeas himself became mindless, nothing more than a nearby passionspren. And there was much rejoicing. 

I think I know what happened. Sadeas was exploring Urithiru, and he found the shardpool that is bound to be there. Travelling through the cognitive realm, he found a way to soulcast himself, and became young again. He also changed his appearance, so he could start a new life. Then he found a place called Earth.

And that kids, is where Kanye West comes from. 

Edited by EMTrevor

While Kaladin was flying too the shattered plains, Moash, who was secretly an assassin for Sadaeas, elsecalled with Sadaeas to bridge four, where the other members killed Saedaeas. Moash took the shardblade and went to Urithuru to kill Dalinar for Graves, because Szeth didn't do it. He heard the screaming of the blade and threw it into the flower pot and committed suicide, thinking he was crazy

Ialai (Sadeas's wife) murdered him. Of course, if anyone saw her with Oathbringer, they'd know it was her. So she threw it at one of her servants who was wearing an awful lot of stormlight. The stormlight turned Oathbringer, Ivory's brother, into a spren enough to soulcast one last time. Oathbringer didnt want to burn out the servants eyes, so he soulcast her into stone and carved a flowerpot out of her. Then he planted himself in it.

Edited by Stroniax

He was taking a bath. Unfortunately for him, an intrepid spren was there.

Sadeas freaked out, summoned his Shardblade and tried to get rid of Pattern. But Pattern's pretty good at surviving, and he took Sadeas into Shadesmar, sans Shardblade, and 'forgot' to put Sadeas back. Mmmmmm other Highprinces to covertly observe, you know.

For plot reasons, Hoid walked into the bathroom a while later, took the Shardblade, and left it in a flowerpot, where the man calling himself Taln will later retrieve it.

Sadeas freaked out, summoned his Shardblade and tried to get rid of Pattern. But Pattern's pretty good at surviving, and he took Sadeas into Shadesmar, sans Shardblade, and 'forgot' to put Sadeas back. Mmmmmm other Highprinces to covertly observe, you know.

For plot reasons, Hoid walked into the bathroom a while later, took the Shardblade, and left it in a flowerpot, where the man calling himself Taln will later retrieve it.

Oh. my. Andonalsium. There aren't enough upvotes in existence to properly explain how much I love this post. Well done. You win the internet. 

Sadeas freaked out, summoned his Shardblade and tried to get rid of Pattern. But Pattern's pretty good at surviving, and he took Sadeas into Shadesmar, sans Shardblade, and 'forgot' to put Sadeas back. Mmmmmm other Highprinces to covertly observe, you know.

This is so from that Syl thread.