Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

19 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Hero, if a Jeskeri Pendant is used on a villager but that villager is protected by a Jindo, will it show up in the write-up as an attack and protect on the specific player? Like, "Bob (Steeldancer) was attacked but was protected by a Jindo Warrior!" I'm just wanting to make sure the player name shows up.

I've thought about this, and in the case of Jeskeri Pendants being blocked by a Jindo the attacked player's name would not show up. The reason for this is because its already been established that when a J-Pendant is used on a Cultist the cultist's name does not appear. Thus, if the victim's name appeared it would be possible to essentially orchestrate a scenario where you have a GM-confirmed non-cultist player. 

(In hindsight I wish I had never announced anything about pendants being used in the writeups, but the precedence has already been established so I don't want to break that now. Ah well)

45 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Yeah, well, that was what I was gunning for :P But I need to go now, and I'd rather get my final post in.

I was going to post that a few seconds before rollover, but that didn't work out.

You know, you could have PM'd it to the GM's so that they could incorporate it in their writeup. Just saying. :P

(Note to everyone else: This is neither confirmation or denial of Drake's role- you'll have to wait for rollover for that. I'm just simply pointing out that GMs typically like it when players provide them free material to use in their writeups. ;) )

Well that was exciting, Drake. Apparently, the Jeskeri all worship the Ja for some reason.

Some notable things Drake has said: 

Personally I might be just a bit wary of anybody who said scans should be discounted.

That means the elims probably didn't poison Aman, and thus they would have thought he might have legitimately been taken by the shaod. So that lends much more credence to the prediction that there is a Jeskeri Elantrian in play.

Personally, I somewhat doubt we have an evil priest in play.

Ambivalent about the possibility of a Jeskeri Elantrian. I don't think there necessarily has to be one like people are saying, and I'm reluctant to lynch an Elantrian without a pretty good reason, but *shrug it would explain the timing of the attack on Aman.

Drake was often at odds with Araris early in the game, disagreeing with many of his posts. In addition, Drake was the first player to place a vote on Araris after he survived a Jeskeri pendant. The fact that Drake altered his opinion of a Jeskeri Elantrian to better fit popular opinion makes me think it's less likely for their to be such an Elantrian. His statement about there not being an evil priest was probably honest as it appears a priest was the one to catch him.

2 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Sorry I a have been inactive. I won't be back till Monday. 

Here are my thoughts be fore I get off. 

If drake is village that incriminates elenion.

He literally just told everyone he was evil, so I'll take that. :D

7 minutes ago, Elenion said:

He literally just told everyone he was evil, so I'll take that. :D

Ah, you've got it in for you now. If the claimed and almost completely confirmed elim is village, you are slightly incriminated!

Night 4 - Shao

Aon_Shao.png.ff12edbc53111d1a4a8d27d9fdfb570c.png

The people of Arelon stood outdoors at dawn, most bleary-eyed and still half asleep. Roused from their beds by the guards, who had told them that potential heretics and Cultists had been cornered in their square, they monitored the exiting alleyways with a tired yet fierce determination, their eyes roving for a telltale movement that would betray one of the killers. Kainae stood with them, her countenance grim as she looked at the top of her house, which lay two blocks inside the section of the city that had been cordoned off. I need to return there, she thought angrily. If I can salvage or recreate my artwork, I might unlock the key to the killings and sacrifices.

Hours wore on, and Kainae stood, her lips growing thinner and thinner. Finally, her patience snapped. “Let me through,” she muttered, shoving her way to the front of the crowd of people. Caught unawares, a guard tried to restrain her, but she slipped through his arms and into the restricted area, which members of the King’s Guard were still checking. The guard swore, but didn’t abandon his post. “Come back, you foolish girl!” he shouted. Kainae ignored him. Cautiously advancing, she peered around a building down the street that led to her home.

The killer was there. Surrounded by a small force of guards, he stood, still muttering to himself. A figure had been traced in blood on the street- a similar pattern, though not the exact one, that she had used in her painting. As Kainae watched, the Cultist muttered to himself, undoubtedly saying some last prayer to whatever primitive god he believed in. The way Shu-Jesker had been adulterated was reprehensible to Kainae, even if she didn’t practice it herself. Then his voice rang out one last time, loud and clear, his lips uttering “Praise the Ja!” even as he stabbed himself, and disintegrated into a mound of black dust. Kainae stumbled back, grateful yet horrified, the muttered wards against evil made by the guards a backdrop to her own confused thoughts. She walked into her house solemnly, taking her easel, and began to sketch the figure traced in blood...

EDIT: Thanks to @Fifth Scholar for doing the writeup today!

Drake Marshall was lynched! He was a Jeskeri Cultist. Please go upvote his post with his death writeup if you haven’t done so already.

A Shu-Dereth Pendant was used!

Vote count:

Ateshao (Drake Marshall) (13): Aladdin (The Young Pyromancer), Amati (Kidpen), Bob (Steeldancer), Enelan (Elenion), Kainae (Little Wilson), Nigel (TheMightyLopen), Sahin Arehe (Mraize), Sheodan (Devotary of Spontaneity), Sheon Idris (Seonid), Soren Porfiry (Dalinar Kholin), Straw (Straw)

Fenot (Coop772) (1): Fenot (Coop772)

Sheodan (Devotary of Spontaneity) (0): Ateshao (Drake Marshall)

Updated Player List

Little Wilson: Kainae the Artist

A Joe in the Bush: Fenot the Alchemist

Eternum: Enerin the travelling storyteller Arelish Citizen with a Seon and Passphrase

Steeldancer: Bob the shoe-shiner

Straw: Straw the errand-boy

Araris Valerian: Elysian the orphaned worldhopper Jeskeri Cultist with Korathi Pendant

Elenion: Enelan, the Palace's head chef

King Cole: Bill the butcher

Devotary of Spontaneity: Sheodan, a soldier in Eondel's army

Mraize: Sahin Arehe, heir to the Are Plantation / ex-heir to- / it's complicated / Noble Merchant

Walin (formerly the Honey Badger): Eoni the grandiose peasant

Drake Marshall: Ateshao, an itinerant tinker. Jeskeri Cultist with no items

Bort: Daoate, a member of the Elantris City Guard  Arelish Citizen with Jeskeri Pendant and a Seon

Randuir: Saoir, the Royal Archivist Arelish Citizen with Korathi Pendant and Passphrase

Kidpen: Amati the farmer

Seonid: Sheon Idris, a rockstar trying to get the band back together

TheYoungPyromancer: Aladdin, a guy looking for a lamp

Dalinar Kholin: Soren Porfiry, procrastinator extraordinaire.

STINK: Imperial Mint, an honest to Domi Mint.

TheMightyLopen: Nigel, a doctor of some renown

Amanuensis: Dio Brando, a vampi- really hot guy. Arelish Priest who had been poisoned

Arinian: Eilen the traveler with the mute talking swordArelish Dula who had been poisoned

Elantrians

Cadmium Compounder: Rhomil, an indiscriminate merchant

Droughtbringer: In, head of the Patriarch Seinalan fan club

Jondesu (formerly Kynedath): Angrin Nalti Gu Uda Sandrius (ANGUS), the WikiLeaks of Kae

Hemalurgic Headshot: Reth Liari, a stereotypical dashing vagabond with enigmatic origins

bla_1524445200.png

Edited by Herowannabe
fixed countdown timer

Ok... Apparently a prince decided to co-opt Coop's vote and make him vote for himself. Other than my extra, one extra vote on Drake. 

Do the votes of the person who died not get counted, is the fact that Drake's vote didn't show up a GM error, or is it neither?

39 minutes ago, Walin said:

Sorry for being inactive this Day Cycle. If rollover doesn't happen too soon, I'll edit this.

Please do not make edits to posts that are not the most recent post in a thread, unless you’re fixing minor spelling/grammar errors. Any change to the meaning of anything in a post is against the subforum rules.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Ok... Apparently a prince decided to co-opt Coop's vote and make him vote for himself. Other than my extra, one extra vote on Drake. 

Do the votes of the person who died not get counted, is the fact that Drake's vote didn't show up a GM error, or is it neither?

Joe voted on himself and Coop never retracted it, so it shows as Coop voting on Coop. I dunno about Drake's vote.

Well played Wilson. Well played. I was kind of meh about the Lynch, but dang you got him good. 

Seriously if there’s another Jindo besides the one that protected her last night, it might be a good idea to protect her. 

Furthermore, that Lynch brought about all sorts of new evidence. Which I will record in bobs notebook. 

6 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

The votes of players who get lynched still get counted. It is not a GM error.

EDIT: Although technically, his name should still appear there. One second and I'll edit it in. 

Edited by Herowannabe

20 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Please do not make edits to posts that are not the most recent post in a thread, unless you’re fixing minor spelling/grammar errors. Any change to the meaning of anything in a post is against the subforum rules.

Thanks; I wasn't sure whether I could make an edit when there was one post after mine, but then rollover happened, and I knew editing would be not only uninformative to current players, but an error in the timeline to anyone later.

I'll also try to type everything in a post into that post individually from now on, since I think I've been doing this (two posts after mine before I finally edit) for the entire game.

Alright, so Drake was an elim, so we've managed to get two now. We have a small number left, between one and two. I think last cycle is good for some analysis, but based on the accusation and analysis given, no votes on Drake will be suspicious. I'll look through the wording, though.

-------

Eoni sat in the fields, picking some weeds. In the past few days, many had been killed, either in public or in private. He wasn't sure which was worse. On one hand, public executions done by the people tended to sully the minds of all who did it. However, private ones gave suspicion that lingered for days, perhaps forever. The town was getting smaller, and while the Cultists dwindled, people kept dying. It seemed prudent to stay out of the city until it had calmed down somewhat, but Eoni had a feeling that the deaths would keep happening until no one was left.

When would people see the right of things? Killing was such a backwards method of furthering goals. It brought the number of thinkers down. It drew suspicion up. And now look, Eoni had run out of directional names to list off! Well, maybe "future" and "past" were left still around, if you considered time as a dimension.

Nice death scene Drake! And well played, I'm glad you didn't have the time to keep up the facade until the end of the Cycle. xD

I expected him to have a jeskeri Pendant, but maybe one of his teammates has one, and that's why he was so adamant about being able to "prove" himself? What do you all think?

It appears Devotary is a Dula, so unless the Gyorn has secret powers, he can't be the Gyorn. Hm, only just thought about the possibilities of an eliminator Dula. Scary. :o

Aaand Drake had no items. New theory: The old theory only applies to villagers. Jeskeri are balanced differently.

Hero, I don't see the convert tally anywhere. Just curious since a Shu-Dereth Pendant was used. I think it's time we really try to narrow down who the Gyorn could be. Not saying we should ignore the Jeskeri, but it's Night and we really haven't discussed it very much so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Wilson, the last player I mentioned in my last message to you asked me to ask you to PM them.

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Aaand Drake had no items. New theory: The old theory only applies to villagers. Jeskeri are balanced differently.

Or he just used or passed them both. But Araris was short one item for being vanilla, so that does support your new theory.

I expected him to have a jeskeri Pendant, but maybe one of his teammates has one, and that's why he was so adamant about being able to "prove" himself? What do you all think?

Or it could have been a stalling tactic intended to give him one more cycle and likely cause a mislynch that cycle. Not saying the elims don't have a Pendant, but it isn't the only explanation.

It appears Devotary is a Dula, so unless the Gyorn has secret powers, he can't be the Gyorn. Hm, only just thought about the possibilities of an eliminator Dula. Scary. :o

Harder to lynch, plus the elims would control when the surprise second death happened. Not as scary as an evil Priest, but more so than an evil Prince, Monarch, etc.

Also, that lynch has changed/set/reinforced a few of my reads:

The Priest: almost certainly village. That would be one mean bus on a teammate.

Joe/Coop: village. Apparently he's tied into this whole mess, and Wilson said that his alignment was likely the same as the Priest's IIRC

Straw: village. Jumped right onto the Drake bandwagon, was not on to retract a vote. Either the elims decided to bus Drake early on, or he's innocent.

DK: village. Same reason as Straw

Len: village (of course). Collected the evidence Drake was eventually lynched on.

Wilson: village. Told me to extract a claim from Drake.

Pyro: iffy. He didn't join the bandwagon straight away, but joined after a more detailed explanation was given.

Kidpen: a bit elim-y. Didn't join the Drake bandwagon until he had claimed outright, even though Kidpen had posted multiple times before that point and withheld their vote.

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

It appears Devotary is a Dula

I am indeed Dula #2, and I'm fairly sure Drake voted on me to make sure that I was in fact a Dula.

Sheodan (Devotary of Spontaneity) (1): Ateshao (Drake Marshall), Sheon Idris (Seonid)

.Here are the results of Day 3's lynch, where only one vote was counted against me despite having two players vote for me. This wasn't conclusive proof that I was a Dula, as the same result could have been produced if either Drake or Seonid used the secret passphrase. Drake voting for me again implies that he didn't know for sure whether this was caused by me being a Dula or by Seonid using a passphrase. Since Drake is a confirmed Cultist, this makes it less likely that Seonid is a Cultist.

10 hours ago, Elenion said:

Kidpen: a bit elim-y. Didn't join the Drake bandwagon until he had claimed outright, even though Kidpen had posted multiple times before that point and withheld their vote.

I suppose that is probably fair. My logic was that he was dying anyways, and I was only about 85% sure he was elim. Looking back, the chances were high enough that I should have just voted. I've been trying to do less of just going along with the person who seems best and actually trying to think about it though. Once he claimed I was completely sure, so I went ahead and voted.

Edit: Oh, and I think the timer is off again. Maybe you are just keeping it consistent now though, I'm not sure.

Edited by Kidpen

Mint was apparently quite fatigued, having to deal with all kinds of actions related to their court outside of this matter of intrigue. But despite all this, he still wanted to at least contribute in some form to the others, with the gift of his royal insights.

13 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Well played Wilson. Well played. I was kind of meh about the Lynch, but dang you got him good. 

Seriously if there’s another Jindo besides the one that protected her last night, it might be a good idea to protect her. 

Furthermore, that Lynch brought about all sorts of new evidence. Which I will record in bobs notebook. 

Mint asked the nearest servant if this wasn't fabricated and sent to him as some kind of joke. Surely whoever was transcribing their words was at least making something up? And if not, then Mint was going to be quite suspicious of whoever this fellow was, irrespective of if they'd made some fool's gambit to eliminate one of the conspirators or not.

10 hours ago, Elenion said:

Or he just used or passed them both. But Araris was short one item for being vanilla, so that does support your new theory.

Or it could have been a stalling tactic intended to give him one more cycle and likely cause a mislynch that cycle. Not saying the elims don't have a Pendant, but it isn't the only explanation.

Harder to lynch, plus the elims would control when the surprise second death happened. Not as scary as an evil Priest, but more so than an evil Prince, Monarch, etc.

Joe/Coop: village. Apparently he's tied into this whole mess, and Wilson said that his alignment was likely the same as the Priest's IIRC

Straw: village. Jumped right onto the Drake bandwagon, was not on to retract a vote. Either the elims decided to bus Drake early on, or he's innocent.

Len: village (of course). Collected the evidence Drake was eventually lynched on.

Pyro: iffy. He didn't join the bandwagon straight away, but joined after a more detailed explanation was given.

Mint was outraged upon receiving this transcription, however. Had this imbecile truly left them out of their reads list? Mint would surely make them pay for it, and reached for his poison vial that had been procured upon arrival in this strange realm. Alas, his spectral minty hand was unable to grasp the vial, as it had left his inventory long ago. Surely there would be other ways to make this person pay for their heinous crimes.

8 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I suppose that is probably fair. My logic was that he was dying anyways, and I was only about 85% sure he was elim. Looking back, the chances were high enough that I should have just voted. I've been trying to do less of just going along with the person who seems best and actually trying to think about it though. Once he claimed I was completely sure, so I went ahead and voted.

Mint approves of this farmer's logic. Quite gifted for one of his station, and may even be worth a position in his court. However, one also wonders if this insight is also what the conspirators were looking for when 'recruiting', though Mint can forgive that if they stop now. A generous position, anyone will admit. Mint the Generous, now that's a title for one to have.

15 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Nice death scene Drake! And well played, I'm glad you didn't have the time to keep up the facade until the end of the Cycle. xD

Hero, I don't see the convert tally anywhere. Just curious since a Shu-Dereth Pendant was used. I think it's time we really try to narrow down who the Gyorn could be. Not saying we should ignore the Jeskeri, but it's Night and we really haven't discussed it very much so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Wilson, the last player I mentioned in my last message to you asked me to ask you to PM them.

Honestly my list is getting smaller. I was suspicious of Devotary being Gyorn, but that's out now. I'm guessing Gyorn is an experienced player, which puts Joe, Steeldancer, and Stink at the top of my list. Stink is impossible to read so I've got nothing to say there. Is Joe officially backing out or is he just going to be participating less? Either way, he seems a far less likely candidate. That leaves either Steeldancer or maybe an Elantrian.

Side note, a shu-derath pendant was used. Anyone claiming they used it?

13 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I'm guessing Gyorn is an experienced player, which puts Joe, Steeldancer, and Stink at the top of my list.

Hold on: Steel isn't that old of a player. Wilson, Lopen, Seonid, myself, and probably others have all played many more games than he has. So why bring up Steel? Also, Joe is officially gone; he's been swapped out for Coop772.

15 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

maybe an Elantrian

Gyorn is immune to the Shaod. They could have poisoned themself, but I think it's been too long for any of the current Elantrians to have been poisoned.

16 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Side note, a shu-derath pendant was used. Anyone claiming they used it?

I'm thinking the Derethi might have gotten their hands on it, because I don't see a reason for a villager or Jeskeri to want to use one on a lynch that it could not stop, while a Derethi would see a conversion opportunity. I had a Pendant passed to me and I passed it on, so it might have just kept circulating around until it reached a Derethi. Along those lines, did anyone pass a Derethi Pendant N3?

3 hours ago, STINK said:

Mint was outraged upon receiving this transcription, however. Had this imbecile truly left them out of their reads list? Mint would surely make them pay for it, and reached for his poison vial that had been procured upon arrival in this strange realm. Alas, his spectral minty hand was unable to grasp the vial, as it had left his inventory long ago. Surely there would be other ways to make this person pay for their heinous crimes.

Reads:

Imperial Mint: neutral.

14 hours ago, Elenion said:

Araris being short an item is why I'm thinking the Jeskeri have a different system. I was originally thinking Araris Poisoned Aman, but now that Pyro claimed that action and Drake is revealed to have no items, it seems more likely the Jeskeri are just different.

Yeah, that's definitely possible. It's just, in my experience, whenever someone is as adamant about something as Drake was about having a Pendant, there's some truth there. Maybe he was just committing to the act of having one though. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. >>

I'm also not on the reads list?! :(

12 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Convert tallies are posted at the beginning of each Day turn. 

Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks.

3 hours ago, STINK said:

Mint asked the nearest servant if this wasn't fabricated and sent to him as some kind of joke. Surely whoever was transcribing their words was at least making something up? And if not, then Mint was going to be quite suspicious of whoever this fellow was, irrespective of if they'd made some fool's gambit to eliminate one of the conspirators or not.

Nigel looked around, but it seemed this 'Imperial Mint' had mistaken him for one of his servants. Well, having no memory of not being his servant, maybe it wasn't a mistake after all? Just to be safe, Nigel did the best bow he could.

"I mean no offence your royalness, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Everything that Bob said seemed to make sense to me."

(Hope you don't mind me hijacking your RP a bit :P)

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Hold on: Steel isn't that old of a player. Wilson, Lopen, Seonid, myself, and probably others have all played many more games than he has. So why bring up Steel? Also, Joe is officially gone; he's been swapped out for Coop772.

Wilson seems cleared at this point, and I was under the impression that Lopen has been scanned (did I not read in the thread somewhere? I might have to go back and check). Seonid I forgot about, he's been really quiet. @Seonid Any thoughts on who might be Gyorn? My original thought for you was that you worked to get drake, but that only indicates you're not an elim, you could still very well be Gyorn. Finally as per Steel, I'm not super familiar with who is experienced and who is not, I haven't played in that many games myself. His rp style plus large number of total posts made me think he was experienced.

Also, I don't think we can put that much weight on how early people voted on Drake. Drake was one of the first to vote for Aralis.

@Elenion Do you have reads for Lopen and Seonid? 

Edited by Dalinar Kholin