So we have 18 players, which means 2 houses of 4 and 2 of 5. If we can get up to 20 players, we can either have 5 houses of 4 players each, or 4 houses of 5 players.

So if you want to start the usual last minute rush of signups, now is the time, otherwise, the spec doc is open, and active. (We're currently Sacrificing @MacThorstenson to the Gods of Luck and Chance (and Clowns))

I shall sign up as Magus Astrum.

And hopefully conquer worlds.

And also short days and short nights?  Is that a thing that exists? :P  

But personally I'm for...

Dang, this is actually a really complicated decision.

I think I'm for longer nights...  Am I allowed to change my decision?  Would the length of the day/nights be divided up according to normal standards?

Day 1: Welcome to the caBALL

When the bodies began to hit the floor, a hundred nobles begin to act. The Ventures, Lekals, and Izenry’s looked the most prepared, revealing their concealed weapons and moving together to the exits. The Hastings and Tekiels practically vanished, save for their allomancers, who began to attack targets of Opportunity.
The Ffnords, loved as they were, hadn’t seen the war coming, but still managed to leverage their past connections to get safe passage back to their keep. Once there, they examined the evidence, and realized that a Cabal of Nobles, including one within their own house, had been responsible for Lord Claincy’s death. They barred their gate, and begin to investigate each other, trusting to the strength of their allies to keep them safe.

The Herons had been tipped off before hand. All information is buyable after all. They were already beginning their exodus when Lord Wyrm fell. They all made it out safely, and immediately began calling in secret contracts, recalling men they had bought and paid for among the other houses. They all knew the others couldn’t be trusted, after all, it was Heron gold that paid the Assassins.

The Heatherlockes survived through Luck. They hadn’t been sure what would happen at the Tormander Ball, just that something would. As the smallest of the great houses, and the least offensive, they were mostly ignored as the departed. Which gave them ample opportunity to watch carefully as noble houses joined up and departed together. It also gave them time to see a man claiming Lord Rab’s signet ring.

The Tormanders survived by being in the right place, at the right time. The right place, was of course, their own Keep. Their guards and Hazekillers sprang into action, dying to buy them time, and forcing hostile allomancers out into the mists. As the Keep was cleared, the Tormanders investigated the Banquet food eaten, and found evidence of the Cabal.

A Tormander had the Idea, and brought the Cabal together. A Ffnord kept the group together, and kept their house mates hidden. A Heron paid for the Assassin, and a Heatherlocke snuck them in. The House war had begun.

Player List:

1. (Straw) Straw Heatherlocke
  2. (Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
  3. (Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
  4. (Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
  5. (Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke
  6. (Sart) Taswell Ffnord
  7. (Jondesu) RemartFfnord
  8. (Living Legend) Jonas Ffnord
  9. (Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord
  10. (Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf Ffnord
  11. (Stick) Stick Heron
  12. (Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza Heron
  13. (Mafia) Ivan Heron
  14. (Devotary of Spontaneity) Lord Grumbles Heron
  15. (Mage Star) Magus Astrum Heron
  16. (TheMightyLopen) Quetzal Tormander
  17. (MegaSif) Mega Tormander
  18. (Orlok Tsubodai) Locke Tormander
  19. (Droughtbringer) Boseph Jush Tormander
  20. (Bugsy) Bugsy Tormander

If you don’t have a PM with a link to your Doc yet, please say so here. PM’s are open. Please include me and Elbereth in it. You have 24 hours to decide if you want to lynch someone.
The Day ends in
bla_1518975900.png

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up, live out the opposite meaning of its creed; “Elimination”

I have a dream that one day on this Shard, the other characters who all died, their players can be free to win together.

I have a dream that together, we can make a game where no one loses.

That day, that game, can be this one.

According to the rules, it is possible to turn everyone into a Kandra, if you are willing to work with me. Once everyone is a Kandra we can all win together, a game where there are no deaths, and losses.

SE-ers, join with me! Work with me, and together, we can make this dream a reality! Together we can make a game where no one loses! Join with me, I beg of thee!

10 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up, live out the opposite meaning of its creed; “Elimination”

I have a dream that one day on this Shard, the other characters who all died, their players can be free to win together.

According to the rules, it is possible to turn everyone into a Kandra, if you are willing to work with me. Once everyone is a Kandra we can all win together, a game where there are no deaths, and losses.

SE-ers, join with me! Work with me, and together, we can make this dream a reality! Together we can make a game where no one loses! Join with me, I beg of thee!

Killing everyone is more fun! :P

I'm with Drought regarding a no-death game. That could be a fantastic thing to pull off if we can manage it. It'd be doable with 3 people in each faction, so long as all 3 stay active. What I'd propose is that one person is designated as the Atium gatherer, and the two other allied players both place a kill every cycle so that the kill can't be used. Once the Atium gatherer has an amount of Atium equal to the number of players in his or her faction, Kandra conversions can begin. Alternately, Kandra conversions can begin earlier so as to ensure people who aren't helping with the no-death plan are converted, and Atium can be gathered as we go. A tied lynch is a no-lynch, so we can make sure that no one dies in that way either (Note that obligators make this more difficult). All in all, I think it's doable, and would cool if we could pull it off. It needs pretty widespread support, though

Joe, can we vote for a no-lynch or vote on random invented RP characters or vote to kill a faction's Obligators or in some way use the vote in a way that doesn't cause a player to die?

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

*Snort*

sure, you can vote for no lynch. Also, this AllKandra plan requires about 13 full cycles to pull off. Which is 39 days. Do you really want to spend 39 days just saying "you got any atium yet?"

I mean, I'd be fine with that :P 

14 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

I'm with Drought regarding a no-death game. That could be a fantastic thing to pull off if we can manage it. It'd be doable with 3 people in each faction, so long as all 3 stay active. What I'd propose is that one person is designated as the Atium gatherer, and the two other allied players both place a kill every cycle so that the kill can't be used. Once the Atium gatherer has an amount of Atium equal to the number of players in his or her faction, Kandra conversions can begin. Alternately, Kandra conversions can begin earlier so as to ensure people who aren't helping with the no-death plan are converted, and Atium can be gathered as we go. A tied lynch is a no-lynch, so we can make sure that no one dies in that way either (Note that obligators make this more difficult). All in all, I think it's doable, and would cool if we could pull it off. It needs pretty widespread support, though

Joe, can we vote for a no-lynch or vote on random invented RP characters or vote to kill a faction's Obligators or in some way use the vote in a way that doesn't cause a player to die?

As long as we have two people in each house, and 3 in one other then we can take the game hostage and force it to happen over the course of many months.

Just now, Droughtbringer said:

As long as we have two people in each house, and 3 in one other then we can take the game hostage and force it to happen over the course of many months.

How's that? A lynch train could still outnumber the no-lynch voters, and they'd still need Atiu... Oh. Wow. You mean one player would get all of the Atium? That'd be... a challenge. 

45 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

24 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Wow. Ok. *hides katana behind back 

But this'll be no fun would it? Bo-o-oring. What about all the stabby-stabby? >:)

Though I am interested to see how many people agree to join this kandra plan thing. :P  

I dislike this plan, as it would take too long, and I don’t think the GMs want to run a game that’s mostly just waiting around for a perfect unified victory. It doesn’t seem like a lot of fun. Of course, it’s likely to not be that much fun to other people as well, and I suspect those pushing the no-death win condition of having ulterior motives for their posts. Namely, trying to get other houses to sit on their hands while they accumulate wealth and atium, then using it late-game to kill their rivals and win. (I mean, we all have ulterior motives, but theirs seem particularly nefarious.) 

As such, I don’t support this strange all-Kandra joyfest, but I do support either a D1 no-lynch or a Contribution Crusade lynch. It seems that in this game, the lynch functions more as a way to eliminate political rivals than to kill a player who’s acting suspiciously, and hopefully no huge political rivalries have sprung up yet. But a Crusade lynch would encourage discussion AND support one House which would lose one of its members, putting the rest closer to victory. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I think if you vote “no lynch” Joe will probably create a character whose name is No Lynch, and have everyone who voted on him die. Or something similarly trolly. Basically, I don’t think voting for “no lynch” will stop a lynch unless literally every single player who votes, votes for it. And I’m not going to :D.

6 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I dislike this plan, as it would take too long, and I don’t think the GMs want to run a game that’s mostly just waiting around for a perfect unified victory. It doesn’t seem like a lot of fun. Of course, it’s likely to not be that much fun to other people as well, and I suspect those pushing the no-death win condition of having ulterior motives for their posts. Namely, trying to get other houses to sit on their hands while they accumulate wealth and atium, then using it late-game to kill their rivals and win. (I mean, we all have ulterior motives, but theirs seem particularly nefarious.) 

As such, I don’t support this strange all-Kandra joyfest, but I do support either a D1 no-lynch or a Contribution Crusade lynch. It seems that in this game, the lynch functions more as a way to eliminate political rivals than to kill a player who’s acting suspiciously, and hopefully no huge political rivalries have sprung up yet. But a Crusade lynch would encourage discussion AND support one House which would lose one of its members, putting the rest closer to victory. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I think if you vote “no lynch” Joe will probably create a character whose name is No Lynch, and have everyone who voted on him die. Or something similarly trolly. Basically, I don’t think voting for “no lynch” will stop a lynch unless literally every single player who votes, votes for it. And I’m not going to :D.

Yup yup. Makes sense. A D1 no-lynch I can go with.:P