Controversial Opinions

7 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I'll be sure to stay off this thread.

You aren’t required to by any means, but if you feel that you cannot follow the directions provided, and that you would prefer to leave the discussion entirely rather than do so, then I commend you for being aware of that in yourself. 

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

@Aspiring Writer I don't think that we will agree with eachother regarding entertainment/art as subjective or objective (and I also see that you felt that you wanted to stay away). So I thank you for an interesting discussion, and we will have to agree to disagree.

I guess so. Glad it was interesting, and wish we could have left it at a less odd point

@Aspiring Writer Darn, I took too long. I was going to make a point about how art is subjective but I wouldn't be able to explain it better than Toaster and Ene already did.

Anyway, thanks for a bit of discussion even if I barely put one post. Despite what my initial reaction may seem, I actually enjoy conversations like this quite a bit. Now we understand you a bit better and you understand us a bit better. So yeah, it was fun. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
17 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

@Aspiring Writer Darn, I took too long. I was going to make a point about how art is subjective but I wouldn't be able to explain it better than Toaster and Ene already did.

Anyway, thanks for a bit of discussion even if I barely put one post. Despite what my initial reaction may seem, I actually enjoy conversations like this quite a bit. Now we understand you a bit better and you understand us a bit better. So yeah, it was fun. 

Aspire can't talk til tomorrow sorry

13 hours ago, Philomath said:

Controversial opinion relevant to this time around Halloween:

Halloween candy is the worst candy. I don’t like most candy in general, but the few I do like taste the worst at Halloween. All the flavors seem to blend together with osmosis or something and ruins it all. 

To a certain extent, I agree with you.  A lot of things end up blending, but there are a few that stand out.

9 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

cheese is bad on burgers.

This is the most shocking thing I have seen on this thread, and I´m pretty sure I have read more or less every reply. A burger without cheese is like a Cosmere book without Hoid. 

What do you even have on your burger if you don't do cheese?

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

This is the most shocking thing I have seen on this thread, and I´m pretty sure I have read more or less every reply. A burger without cheese is like a Cosmere book without Hoid. 

BBQ, Bacon, Jalapenos, Onions (fried are best but raw are fine too)

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Well this is the controversial opinion thread... I can't think of many more controversial than that.

My burgers always have cheese. Always.

6 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

To be fair, I have some lactose-intolerant friends who would agree with the original sentiment.. ...and some lactose intolerant friends who would fight through the pain because they think it's worth it.