[OB] Scenes that you do not want to see in Oathbringer

Nathrangking

We all have scenes that we would love to see in Oathbringer, but are there any scenes that we expressly do not want to see?

For me a reconciliation between Amraam and Kaladin would be horrific. 

The Stormfather getting revenge on Kaladin would also be awful.

Well fellow Sharders what do you think?

I don't want any Shalladin scenes either. I also don't want a love triangle, but from what I've heard there will be something, albeit minor... hopefully.

Or scenes where Adolin is highprincing and we get bored reading reports.

I don't Shallan or Kaladin to have some sort of mental breakdown and again reverse their progress. Though I'm mostly worried about Shallan, it could make for an interesting story arch, I just don't want her to suffer that way, so it's a different kind of things-I-don't want.

I don't want Elhokar to remain a whiny brat or to become a squire.

I do not want to see Kaladin and Shallan become a couple or engage into a relationship.

I do not want Oroden to die.

I do not want Adolin to become Highprince and thus see his development being restricted to leading troupes and playing political games.

I do not want Elhokar and Kaladin to have a bromance because it should be Adolin and Kaladin.

I do not want Dalinar to keep on ignoring Adolin exists too.

I do not want Adolin turn evil or become Odium's Champion, not that I think it will happen, but I most certainly do not want to see it.

I agree with most of what was said, though I don't mind Kaladin and Shallan flirting a bit. They won't end up together. As soon as she learns he killed Heleran that will end any chances for a relationship. I hope they can at least remain friends. But yeah, I like Shaolin. I think they will break up, but I hope they get back together eventually.

I don't want Renarin's future seeing powers connected to Odium at all. He is clearly a Truthwatcher, no denying that now as of chapter 10. So, he has enough problems without the forces of evil trying to possess him.

I don't want Azir uniting with the Voidbringer against Urithru. I want Lift to mouth off at Dalinar and company in this book. 

I don't want Taravangain to try to kill Dalinar again. I want him to cause conflicts for Dalinar in other ways.

I don't want Dalinar to die in this book.

I don't want to wait until the end of Oathbringer to read about Vivenna or Jasnah. 

Edited by eveorjoy
misspelled character name.

I don't want to find out that Dalinar has had some form of surgebinding potential his whole life.  I basically don't want to find out that magic on Roshar is based on a group of special children being given the potential and everyone else is just some muggle who can never do magic.  I like the idea of a magic system that any character can earn vs one they are just lucky enough to be eligible for.

I don't think pacifist is the right term for Rock - he believes it is beneath his dignity based on his order of birth to do so, not that it is wrong to fight in and of itself.  Nonetheless, I do agree with you, Rock should not be made to fight.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Scenes that you do not want to see in Oathbringer
  • Chaos locked this topic