Stormlight reread - things to look out for

Extesian

Question

This may be a strange Q&A question. I’m about to start my pre-Oathvember re-read of WoK and WoR. My last two were for enjoyment, this one I’ll take a forensic approach to. I’m reasonably full-bottle on general Cosmere lore, realmatics and WoBs so it’s about time I really get down some specific quotes and references from the books themselves.

So my question is – any things I should look out for? Any issues people can think of where WoBs are just not sufficient but you think there may be hints in the books I can look out for over the next 2 months? I’m far better at finding specific patterns than noticing them.so throw at me any thoughts. I’m thinking of things like eye-colors (not them, I’ve already done that, but things like that that are very hard to search for, but much easier when you track them as you read).

Things on my list so far: trying to identify the remaining Heralds; looking for evidence of the Iriali; looking for evidence of Honor’s perpendicularity; general evidence of potential worldhoppers, particularly kandra or DRAGONS; trying to find any mythology that may have been inspired by Cultivation (other than the Nightwatcher); evidence of any differences in the way different Nahel-bonding spren manifest, behave, self-identify and the way their surgebinders manifest new Oaths (eg Kaladin’s glyph explosions); any evidence at all of the main secret societies that isn’t immediately obvious; evidence of the origin of various ‘dead’ Shardblades; any evidence of cremlings or similar things that could be Aimian; anything that could indicate Rosharan and Cosmere timelines better than we know; and just generally any evidence that matter we consider canon or canon-ish may be mistaken.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions guys.

3 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

You should be proud Argent, here we all are, splitting appart your words like the most difficult WoB ever :ph34r:. So...the first to crack the WoA (Word of Argent) come here and share it with the class. 

Eh, once again, I discourage you from digging into this. I'll share it publicly in a couple of months anyway, and it's (in my opinion) not intuitive at all. But it's your time :)

3 hours ago, robardin said:

I'm gonna give this a shot some time this weekend, but I'll be honest: my go-to move is going to be to PM Argent, and if I'm right, to join him in the Fun Bunker.

It was fun for a while. These days it's torture. As new Oathbringer chapters are being released, it feels like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop...