Explain a Plot Badly

Not too long ago I got into a fantasy/action adventure series by Lindsay Buroker called the Dragon Blood series. I was thinking about the first book and came up with a pretty good one.

Spoiler

Wizard awakens, after a long nap, to discover the course of civilization is determined by who controls the most light-bulbs.

Rangers Apprentice 

Spoiler

The a gang of Texas Rangers went for a time travel trip. They ended up getting stuck, but decided to pass on their knowledge to some of the Anglos(or perhaps Celts, not 100% sure on the timeframe there) 

Spoiler

Seriously though. A small group of specialized law enforcement, experts with ranged weaponry and guerrilla tactics. "One riot, one ranger" actually came from a story about a Texas Ranger.

Edited by Quickbronze

The ShadowMaster - Villains Rule

Spoiler

A charismatic scumbag does what we'd all do, or like to do, if given the chance to cross into a fantasy universe that follows the rules. Decide that it's time to exploit every loophole and trope in fantasy for profit and amusement, all while insulting and threatening the reader for funsies.

Edited by ScarletSabre

17 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

The ShadowMaster - Villains Rule

Hide contents

A charismatic scumbag does what we'd all do, or like to do, if given the chance to cross into a fantasy universe that follows the rules. Decide that it's time to exploit every loophole and trope in fantasy for profit and amusement, all while insulting and threatening the reader for funsies.

Ok this "bad" plot summary sounds like something I would actually love to read. How accurate is it?

3 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Ok this "bad" plot summary sounds like something I would actually love to read. How accurate is it?

2 hours ago, Quickbronze said:

Pretty accurate, based on the amazon preview. It's very adult though, and has a lot of swearing, just FYI.

Yeah, on reflection that wasn't so much as explaining it badly as just explaining it. And yeah, it's pretty damnation adult, be warned. Though the audible version is rather hilarious when it gets meta and

Spoiler

starts messing with the narrator himself.

Game of Thrones: Jons storyline

Spoiler

A bunch of criminals dress up in black and prevents immigrants from crossing a huge wall. 

Game of Thrones: Danys storyline

Spoiler

A woman adopts three dragons when her husband dies because he failed to take his medication. She then goes and ruins the economical system on an entire continent.

Game of Thrones: Robbs storyline

Spoiler

A young man wants to avenge his father, but it all goes south when he decides to attend a wedding instead. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

Man, I need to read more.  I'm unfamiliar with a lot of these books.

Sixth of the Dusk:

Spoiler

A quiet, unassuming man meets an adventurous young woman.  They go on a nature walk together, and are fascinated by the local flora and fauna.  Indeed, it's practically all they can think about at times.  Tourists from a far-away land share their technology and resources with the less-fortunate.  Birds aren't as important as everyone thinks they are.

Note: Most of these do contain spoilers for the END of the books. Do not look at them unless you have finished the books.

Overall Mistborn World (Scadrial):

A world where things that you ingest and burn which can give you hallucinations, strength, and awareness, as well as be addictive and have negative effects if you overuse them are not considered dangerous drugs. 

The Final Empire:

Crazy scarred dude kidnaps little girl and makes her go to parties.

The Well of Ascension:

Girl learns the hard way the democracy doesn't work.

The Hero Of the Ages:

Girl kills herself after becoming god

Alloy of Law:

Man and his partner hunt down thieves, but man never prosecutes his partner for stealing hates

Shadows of Self:

Man finds out his former girlfriend is a psychotic shapeshifter.

Bands Of Mourning:

Man's partner accidentally steals what once was a pretty bracelet.

Secret History:

Man we all thought was dead is not.

The Way of Kings:

Shallan: Girl learns the power of truth.

Kaladin: Gets rewarded for treason.

Dalinar: Gets betrayed by visions.

Edited by Ishar

Words of Radiance:

Stick refuses to become fire. 

Edgedancer:

Girl steals breakfast.

Warbreaker:

Sword goes on a quest to destroy evil.

Elantris:

Demon priests hunt zombies. 

Emperor's Soul:

Prisoner contemplates art.

Sixth of the Dusk:

It's a trap! 

Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell:

Woman murders her financial manager. 

It wouldn't let me do them all in one post. Sorry.

It's a trap! Child safety locks! But we are neither children nor safe!

How did I miss doing this? Why haven't I done it already?!?!?! *takes a deep, shuddering breath*

RWBY Volume Three: Pyrrha's Arc

Spoiler

A girl fights people while in school, and no one gets mad at her. Rather, the headmaster recruits her for some deeds of questionable morality, causing her to attack her boyfriend, murder a young girl, and bring about the downfall of the entire city. She is also tortured and killed while fighting a transfer student who attempted to kill (and succeeded in killing) the headmaster for imprisoning an unconscious woman to use in experiments.

(Just for the record, I love Oz and trust him for the most part. This is just for the humor.)

(I'm going to draw this out and SAVOR it. Also so that other people can do some too and I don't steal it all.)

Edited by AonEne

Game of Thrones:

Spoiler

A war starts after a incestuous mother kills a guy over a pregnancy test. 

A Mongolian child bride takes over half the world

Nobody believes the Zombie-killers that zombies are returning. A minor zombie Apocalypse insues.

The Cosmere

Spoiler

People eat and make friends with pieces of deities while one man waits for instant noodles.

RWBY Volume Five: Lionheart in the Climax

Spoiler

After being defeated by a young, possessed farm boy, a headmaster is murdered by a floating jellyfish.

RWBY Weapons:

Spoiler

Even the songs admit everything is also a gun.

Spoiler

(Yeah, I'm a girl, but I'm also a gun)

Edit: 500 posts! Yoot!

Edited by AonEne