Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

25 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

In this case, some people may just need to wear an eyepatch for a bit, others can wear glasses and still others would have to have surgery. 

Actually the treatment consists of both wearing corrective glasses and eye exercise (with the mentioned eye patch).

And surgery does not remove the need to wear glasses (that's why I decided against it).

-----------------------------------

But on another note, I realized that there are literally alien conspiracies on Roshar (with alien being a being that is not from this planet). They have shadowy organizations of reptilians non-human people spying on everyone. They have cultists trying to take over the world. The got fanatics trying to bring about Apocalypse. They got an ancient organization of divine people hunting down other supernatural people.

The devil is literally watching and influencing them.

Their god is really dead.

And if Sazed ever decides to send significant amounts of kandra to Roshar, then we have the Invasion of the Body Snatchers :lol:

Edited by Oversleep

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

But on another note, I realized that there are literally alien conspiracies on Roshar (with alien being a being that is not from this planet). They have shadowy organizations of reptilians non-human people spying on everyone. They have cultists trying to take over the world. The got fanatics trying to bring about Apocalypse. They got an ancient organization of divine people hunting down other supernatural people.

The devil is literally watching and influencing them.

Their god is really dead.

And if Sazed ever decides to send significant amounts of kandra to Roshar, then we have the Invasion of the Body Snatchers :lol:

Actually, I could see when Scadrial gets better technology, developing alien movies...with stuff that's either already on their world (ie Kandra) or on other worlds. And then have some person scorn the alien films.
And then another person say they like fantasy better, and have a dialogue like this:
"Don't be ridiculous! Fantasy is so silly. Magic doesn't exist."
"But what about-"
"Except for Allomancy."

15 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Actually, I could see when Scadrial gets better technology, developing alien movies...with stuff that's either already on their world (ie Kandra) or on other worlds. And then have some person scorn the alien films.
And then another person say they like fantasy better, and have a dialogue like this:
"But what about-"
"Except for Allomancy."

Yeah, Scadrial's comicbooks won't be superheros but westerns instead because they already have superpowers. Like in Watchmen pirates comicbooks were the thing.

I wonder who their Tolkien is gonna be (Slowswift doesn't count) and what he's gonna write...

Edited by Oversleep

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Yeah, Scadrial's comicbooks won't be superheros but westerns instead because they already have superpowers. Like in Watchmen pirates comicbooks were the thing.

I wonder who their Tolkien is gonna be (Slowswift doesn't count) and what he's gonna write...

An incredible adventure set in a world where no-one has powers...

So...I tried doing some Dalinar fanart a while ago, and I failed badly.
I came across it today so um, here it is *cringes

Spoilered because it's atrocious

Spoiler

image.jpg

Ergh I'm so bad at watercolour >>

AAaaand to make up for that...

have some doodles.

image.jpg

woweee that's blurry...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Aaand this one I am extremely pleased with :D

image.jpg

(of course I should be studying....)

7 hours ago, A Budgie said:

"But what about-"
"Except for Allomancy."

"Allomancy isn't magic. It's science!"

5 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Pfft. And I can see them trying to study it...'is allomatic powers a recessive or dominant allele?' 'We have literally no clue and we can't even locate the figgin gene that controls it so things are kinda weird.' 'Are you suggesting...it's not controlled by genes?' 'Well, it must be hereditry...but the gene for feruchemy doesn't in any way impact it!'

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

ah well, isn't magic science we don't understand yet?

(I will be the one to find all your true names and somehow manage to get them to work! Just, don't go to a surgeon or anything! Where is that book of names?!)

Pfft. And I can see them trying to study it...'is allomatic powers a recessive or dominant allele?' 'We have literally no clue and we can't even locate the figgin gene that controls it so things are kinda weird.' 'Are you suggesting...it's not controlled by genes?' 'Well, it must be hereditry...but the gene for feruchemy doesn't in any way impact it!' ( @A Budgie)

mmm sDNA, all you need to do is employ a bunch of Hemalurgists with all their...restriction enzymes and...ligases...

Genetic engineering is hemalurgy.....

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

49 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Genetic engineering is hemalurgy.....

Nah. Hemalurgy is more of spiritual transplantation than genetic engineering. You're not modificating the sDNA, you're ripping of parts of Spiritweb and stapling them into someone. It's like as if I decided I need another heart, ripped out yours and then implanted that in my body.

You can't really fiddle around with genes with Hemalurgy. Maybe Ire are advanced enough to do it; right now we have only two magic systems working with the Spiritual Realm and those are Hemalurgy and Forgery and none of them does the thing.

Edited by Oversleep

Just now, Oversleep said:

Hemalurgy is more of spiritual transplantation than genetic engineering. You're not modificating the sDNA, you're ripping of parts of Spiritweb and stapling them into someone. It's like as if I decided I need another heart, ripped out yours and then implanted that in my body.

*chuckles 

That is genetic engineering. Yes I see the transplant thing, but genetic engineering at heart is splicing DNA strands from one thing and then imprinting them into another, using the restriction enzymes to "cut" the DNA up and the ligases to glue them together to something else.

So yes, I wouldn't say ripping, Hemalurgy is alot more precise than that. Cutting someone's sDNA, then gluing it onto you. Cuttypasta.

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

*chuckles 

That is genetic engineering. Yes I see the transplant thing, but genetic engineering at heart is splicing DNA strands from one thing and then imprinting them into another, using the restriction enzymes to "cut" the DNA up and the ligases to glue them together to something else.

So yes, I wouldn't say ripping, Hemalurgy is alot more precise than that. Cutting someone's sDNA, then gluing it onto you. Cuttypasta.

Hemalurgy is... okay, it's like making chimaeras from FMA. You're combining different organisms into one. But that still isn't genetic engineering.

Hemalurgy can't cut the Spiritweb, it rips it. Although I have a theory that it could be much less traumatic for the donor if you used a Shardscalpel. It still doesn't splice sDNA.

26 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Hemalurgy is... okay, it's like making chimaeras from FMA. You're combining different organisms into one. But that still isn't genetic engineering.

Hemalurgy can't cut the Spiritweb, it rips it. Although I have a theory that it could be much less traumatic for the donor if you used a Shardscalpel. It still doesn't splice sDNA.

mm alright, (yes I forgot that the process is traumatic...XD) 

Just hook Lift and Wyndle up ha

Just now, Delightfully Smoak said:

thats kinda sorta light weaving? or maybe just giant spren a la end of WoK Syl?

Probably more like spren, I would think. Either that, or made out of another material but with gemstones containing stormlight, like with shardplate.

51 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Shardblade. Shardfork. Shardscalpel. What will be next? Shardclothes? Shardfood? Shardpeople?

Hey, I made up Shardscalpel long before I've come to know about Shardfork! I was thinking about Hemalurgy for my Complementing Powers thread (I really need to update it...) and Shardscalpel jumped out to me like something that could make Hemalurgy more civilised.

36 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

What about ShardApacheAttackHelicopters?

Sounds pretty good to me...

9 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Shardception. making shardworlds inside shardworlds inside shardworlds.

Brought to you buy the Shard 420, promoter of Slim Sylphrena and Lil Kali

Why does that sound like some sort of energy drink to me?

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Hey, I made up Shardscalpel long before I've come to know about Shardfork! I was thinking about Hemalurgy for my Complementing Powers thread (I really need to update it...) and Shardscalpel jumped out to me like something that could make Hemalurgy more civilised.

Right...'civilised' Hemalurgy...

So . . . I used to have a thread for this stuff but I don't feel like resurrecting it. Meh. 

After moving I found a bunch of only folders of drawing and realized that they really sucked and I can do way better now. So, I decided to redraw this picture of myself from about a year ago:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3cdab9e8b3c68315d59bcade3d95b6c4.jpeg

I was super proud of it when I made it, but now . . . Not so much. The line art's bad, and the proportions are off, so I look like a seven year old . . . Yeah. 

So I redrew it. I decided it would be fun, instead of basing it off of the clothes and hairstyle I had a year ago, to go off of my clothes and hair now:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.dc4fcaebf3f8e5cdcfa3a7f34664ac0c.jpeg

I did it in a drawing software called krita, since I havent found all my art supplies yet. Besides the fact that I made myself too pretty, I'm really happy with it. ^_^ 

51 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

So . . . I used to have a thread for this stuff but I don't feel like resurrecting it. Meh. 

After moving I found a bunch of only folders of drawing and realized that they really sucked and I can do way better now. So, I decided to redraw this picture of myself from about a year ago:

Reveal hidden contents

I was super proud of it when I made it, but now . . . Not so much. The line art's bad, and the proportions are off, so I look like a seven year old . . . Yeah. 

So I redrew it. I decided it would be fun, instead of basing it off of the clothes and hairstyle I had a year ago, to go off of my clothes and hair now:

Reveal hidden contents

I did it in a drawing software called krita, since I havent found all my art supplies yet. Besides the fact that I made myself too pretty, I'm really happy with it. ^_^ 

Upvote!

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Too pretty? Silly you. You're gorgeous.