Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

Stormfather Melkor confirmed :ph34r:

Anyhow... Idon't know. I don't picture him as ELVEN, though that probably makes sense. The first piece of fan art I ever saw of Melkor showed him with a long, dark beard, so that part has kid of stuck with me. 

I think.. Hmm. I don't know. I was going to say the most distinctive part of Melkor, for me, is his crown with the Silmarils, but you DO have that on the character... but I don't feel like they are distinctive enough, at least in this drawing. And I see the crown as somewhat different than the helm you posted. I do think that Melkor's colour scheme should be black or grey, to contrast with th bright lights of the Silmarils, but...

But this all ultimately comes down to difference sin opinions, and they aren't huge ones anyway. Sorry f I offended!

I'd like to see a color scheme of a dark navy blue and black for Melkor.

5 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Oh that's sweet @Sunbird I like to say I have good eyes, but you deceived them :P 

1 minute ago, A Budgie said:

@Sunbird those are so well comoflaged. I can't believe you managed to spot them in the wild.

Yeah, it was a stroke of luck that I spotted them. I was standing quite a distance from the water's edge, looking through my binoculars at a larger shorebird that was wading in the water a little ways behind them, when I saw the tiny white spots that were their bellies and realized they were there. Then I had to trek across the rocky beach to get a closer look and figure out what they were. They actually let me approach to a distance of about 30 feet, so I've got some much better, closer pictures. :) One even started stretching and preening once I'd stood that close for a few minutes and made it clear that I wasn't going to chase them or anything.

8 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Stormfather Melkor confirmed :ph34r:

Anyhow... Idon't know. I don't picture him as ELVEN, though that probably makes sense. The first piece of fan art I ever saw of Melkor showed him with a long, dark beard, so that part has kid of stuck with me. 

I think.. Hmm. I don't know. I was going to say the most distinctive part of Melkor, for me, is his crown with the Silmarils, but you DO have that on the character... but I don't feel like they are distinctive enough, at least in this drawing. And I see the crown as somewhat different than the helm you posted. I do think that Melkor's colour scheme should be black or grey, to contrast with th bright lights of the Silmarils, but...

But this all ultimately comes down to difference sin opinions, and they aren't huge ones anyway. Sorry f I offended!

Nah no offence taken. I like seeing other's interpretation :) 

11 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Bleh I want a switch so badly...

anyway random melkor I drew. I tend to lose interest in things fast...I lost interest round about after the torso :/

IMG_1569.thumb.JPG.d72d6b9c9c771e82cf9a3a8fae8fed42.JPG

This looks freaking awesome! Your eyes a really good artist!

What is this from? Some book or video game or something?

38 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

This looks freaking awesome! Your eyes a really good artist!

What is this from? Some book or video game or something?

Morgoth/Melkor is from the Silmarillion, which I've heard described as basically the Bible for Middle-Earth. It's really good, and I recommend reading it (actually, the entire Middle-Earth mythos is amazing, and I recommend reading anything you can find on that as well).

11 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Someone called the cops 

I want to know if it was anyone here

whoever did just turned everything upside down

and they also know where I live somehow 

Why do you think that it's somebody from the Shard did it? 

@Sunbird No….just….just no. Whoever wrote that tagline should go back to Comics Kindergarten. 

And, I thought you fine folks might like to know that I've started a Quotev account for that Potter/Who crossover story (which now has a proper title and summary, yay!). I think I'll put "Love in the Time of Headlessness" there too, and I might add some ramblings to my journal. Not sure yet. But, there it is, if y'all are interested. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

@Sunbird @Quiver @TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I think It's a good sign! It means people expect it to be a good movie! ;):ph34r::PB)

I'm... getting to the point where my enthusiasm for the DC filmverse is best summed up by this clip:

Just replace the context of "ruining Gotham" with "making DC films that will compete with Marvel".

Breaking news: Tom Holland was fired as Spiderman from the MCU. But never fear, the character will still be appearing in Infinity War. In fact, he's already been re-cast. It's none other than this dashing fellow. 

Spoiler

59053184c16a0_uncomfortableneighborhoodspidey.thumb.jpg.c387e5d9b2c0fee2194fddadac238a11.jpg

Spoiler

So yeah....At work we had a kids day event, and when I showed up they handed me the costume and told me to throw it on. It is truly amazing how hot wearing that costume is, and how difficult it is to breath under the mask. No wonder so few heroes go with a full head mask and opt for some form of cowl instead. The things I do for $9 an hour....

Here's me with the full thing on with some kiddos. 

590531b66a8e7_neighborhoodspidey.jpg.4e1a112a074d1e82a1e5228d5a9e4505.jpg

On 27 April 2017 at 5:25 AM, ParadoxicalZen said:

Storms, 900 little forest sprites throwing odd smelling po- err I mean seeds at Ganon.....

Think of all that power......

What's a Korok?

On 29 April 2017 at 11:12 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

In particular they said that someone overseas had contacted them. Said from tumblr. But I suspect who it was now...nvm mind me

Dude! What happened? How did your parents react? You ok?

13 hours ago, Left said:

Breaking news: Tom Holland was fired as Spiderman from the MCU. But never fear, the character will still be appearing in Infinity War. In fact, he's already been re-cast. It's none other than this dashing fellow. 

Hide contents

59053184c16a0_uncomfortableneighborhoodspidey.thumb.jpg.c387e5d9b2c0fee2194fddadac238a11.jpg

Hide contents

So yeah....At work we had a kids day event, and when I showed up they handed me the costume and told me to throw it on. It is truly amazing how hot wearing that costume is, and how difficult it is to breath under the mask. No wonder so few heroes go with a full head mask and opt for some form of cowl instead. The things I do for $9 an hour....

Here's me with the full thing on with some kiddos. 

590531b66a8e7_neighborhoodspidey.jpg.4e1a112a074d1e82a1e5228d5a9e4505.jpg

$9 an hour? that's not very much.

Wait that's more than Israeli minimum wage. Less than Aussie. 

nevermind......

It's almost a dollar more than the minimum wage in Ohio. On the one hand I enjoy making more money per hour than my friends, but on the other it kind of annoys me that I probably have the least paid job at the rec center. Lifeguards actually have to have a lot of training and certifications, which are usually expensive to get, so it seems pretty weird to me that we get paid less than some of the other easier jobs. Lifeguarding in general also has a horrible turnover rate, and I can't help feeling that it would be a lot easier to stay staffed if we got paid more than the average fast food worker.