Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

I have successfully built a music disc farm in Minecraft. It works near perfectly; all that's left now to is to install the other modules and decorate.

I mean, I know that's such a small thing, but it really feels great to accomplish something, no matter how insignificant. :D 

...how does one even build a music disc farm? Don't you have to kill creepers with skeleton-dropped arrows or something like that? (It's been several years since I've played Minecraft, though, so I may be completely misremembering.)

2 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

...how does one even build a music disc farm? Don't you have to kill creepers with skeleton-dropped arrows or something like that? (It's been several years since I've played Minecraft, though, so I may be completely misremembering.)

Yup! I've got a skeleton trapped in one section, and then when a creeper falls in the other one, it lowers a divider and I can stand behind the creeper and let the skeleton kill it. 

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

Yup! I've got a skeleton trapped in one section, and then when a creeper falls in the other one, it lowers a divider and I can stand behind the creeper and let the skeleton kill it. 

Nice! It does sound pretty impressive. :) 

Just now, Slowswift said:

Thanks! I am pretty proud of the design. :D

It was so nervewracking though, trying to maneuver skeletons and creepers into small holes in close quarters. :wacko: 

Oh, I can imagine. I never did get the hang of luring mobs where I wanted them to go. Heck, I never got the hang of moving out of a creeper's blast radius before it exploded. I would always try to take one more swing at them than was actually safe...storming creepers. <_<

Just now, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

Oh, I can imagine. I never did get the hang of luring mobs where I wanted them to go. Heck, I never got the hang of moving out of a creeper's blast radius before it exploded. I would always try to take one more swing at them than was actually safe...storming creepers. <_<

I always try to run past them, thinking I'll be out of their trigger zone before they, well, trigger. Guess how many times that works out? :P 

22 hours ago, Sunbird said:

One of my alligator photos from Florida was just asking to be memefied, so I give you Smug Gator and Skeptical Gator!

Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1482811051080.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1482811060088.jpg

I'm so confused. I've gotten like 5 separate notifications of people upvoting the quoted post, but every time I come look at it, it only has one upvote. What is going on??

Sometimes I wish I could fry computers of people I meet online. For example I'd fry flatearthists. Or conspiracy theoretists... OK, not all of them, only the most ridiculous. People who can't argue properly (pet peeve of mine: twisting logic). And so on.

...Now, a question to the Shard: if I became an Epic, would you hunt me down?

24 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Sometimes I wish I could fry computers of people I meet online. For example I'd fry flatearthists. Or conspiracy theoretists... OK, not all of them, only the most ridiculous. People who can't argue properly (pet peeve of mine: twisting logic). And so on.

No. If you were an Epic I'd be too busy trying to find other people from Brandon's books, e.g. Radiants, Mistborn, Returned, et cetera. 

32 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I'd be too busy swallowing metals.

Speaking of Mistborn, I'm really worried that they're gonna make the characters in the movies speak with American accents. I always read them as having vaguely European accents.

Edited by bleeder

14 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Speaking of Mistborn, I'm really worried that they're gonna make the characters in the movies speak with American accents. I always read them as having vaguely European accents.

Apparently they're all French or something. Like Kelsier should be pronounced Kellseeay, Vin should be Vahn, and Elend should be Eeleend or something. 

13 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

No. If you were an Epic I'd be too busy trying to find other people from Brandon's books, e.g. Radiants, Mistborn, Returned, et cetera. 

... But... Reckoners isn't cosmere and even if it did you'd still be on Earth so you wouldn't find any unless worldhoppers...

12 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Well, who would I be to forbid you killing yourself via metal poisoning? I could explode your computer at best.

13 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Given the French/German pronuncations Brandon gives I find it not surprising :D Also, some of the names are not only pronounced: "Elend" means "misery" in German.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

... But... Reckoners isn't cosmere and even if it did you'd still be on Earth so you wouldn't find any unless worldhoppers...

Well, who would I be to forbid you killing yourself via metal poisoning? I could explode your computer at best.

Given the French/German pronuncations Brandon gives I find it not surprising :D Also, some of the names are not only pronounced: "Elend" means "misery" in German.

Alcatraz broke that statement and made it Cosmere ;) 

Depends, how readily would you recruit from among vanillas?

8 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Apparently they're all French or something. Like Kelsier should be pronounced Kellseeay, Vin should be Vahn, and Elend should be Eeleend or something. 

But in Writing Excuses, Brandon pronounces in as Vin. :huh: Where did you get your information? (I don't mean this passive aggressively or anything. I actually want to know.)

10 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Depends, how readily would you recruit from among vanillas?

Very much. I need people to run my PR/propaganda fanpages, twitter etc. and also I need people to hunt online for people I deem worthy of computer-exploding.

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'm getting spikes?

RECKONERS IS COSMERE RECKONERS IS COSMERE RECKONERS IS COSMERE

He didn't say "I'm getting the spikes" as in "I have them already" but "I'm sharpening the spikes" which means @Voidus would be making them...