On 7/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, Voidus said:

I realize that most of the above were joking but for the record, I have Metronomes tier 5 power (The highest on my self-made scale and so I guess what they'd be boosted to by Upgrade) to be complete chronoperception, perceiving all timelines over all time. So that would be infinite pre and retrocognition as well as awareness of what decisions change what through perception of alternate timelines. :P
Not quite complete time manipulation but it would make him the ultimate puppet master.

...yes.

everyone was kidding but what if this actually happened. 

Also I've been rereading the RP and I am so embarrassed thinking about when I get to the bits I wrote for Red. Thinking back on her as a more developed writing and less angsty teen, I have a strange desire to shove her off of the museum. and also night hound too, but that's just obvious. when throwing people off buildings, Nighthound is always a good candidate.

Edit: I might rewrite some of the earlier sections (without retconning anything other than Red's train of thought) because I don't think I'll be able to keep a straight face in the future.)

Edit 2: Here's the first post in Portland, which I redid. I think I'll do a lot more posts of this nature while we finish plotting the destruction of OREGON. (Speaking of Upgraded epics, Red would be terrifying at max levels) http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/12488-what-happened-in-portland/?do=findComment&comment=207478

Edit 3: Here's the second one. I changed her internal thought process for more sane levels of, well, insanity. It still makes no sense but it makes a lot more sense.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/12488-what-happened-in-portland/?do=findComment&comment=207948

Edit 4: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/12488-what-happened-in-portland/?do=findComment&comment=208034

Edited by winter devotion
more info.

Read over my last post and accidentally re-read puppet master as puppy master.
And, well you know how it works.

Puppy Master:
Primary power: Able to summon and command a swarm of adorable puppies, typically composed of a mix of pugs and labs.
Secondary power: Synchronicity, able to synchronize the minds of puppies, causing them to act in concert. Of course, being puppies mostly they just all tilt their heads or fall down together.
Tertiary power: Cuteness magnification, can cause a multiplication of people emotional state towards puppies.

Is known for once accidentally killing an entire town by overloading their brains with adorableness when he arranged for 40 of his pugs to put on a christmas play.

20 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Anybody have any thoughts for Salem's destruction?

(Also, side note, over halfway through Dalles, so if somebody ends it without me being able to write about Event Horizon......)

:P

Edit: Hey, @Voidus, I also found this for your SonicAssassin Epic idea: https://qntm.org/genres.

There's been some mentions of an Upgraded Soulcaster, but, to be honest, I think Salem is probably gonna have to be on the later end of the destruction because it's a pretty solid structure and there a lot of Epics invested in keeping it together. No pun intended. The news of other cities being destroyed, along with refugees from the wreckage, could torpedo the psychological health of the city. The refugees, both Epic and human, could damage the economy as well. This could be a city where Obliteration deals a massive blow because of mass confusion and anarchy.

dang it's  so much easier to destroy a city than to build one

3 hours ago, winter devotion said:

There's been some mentions of an Upgraded Soulcaster, but, to be honest, I think Salem is probably gonna have to be on the later end of the destruction because it's a pretty solid structure and there a lot of Epics invested in keeping it together. No pun intended. The news of other cities being destroyed, along with refugees from the wreckage, could torpedo the psychological health of the city. The refugees, both Epic and human, could damage the economy as well. This could be a city where Obliteration deals a massive blow because of mass confusion and anarchy.

Too true...

I mean, I have an idea for a new Epic that is basically similar to Upgrade, but instead of improving Epic powers, it just takes down barriers. For example:

My Epic, Element. If he were to be Upgraded then his Elementals would be a whole lot stronger. If the barriers were taken down however, the Elementals wouldn't change, but the number that could be summoned at any given time would increase. Something like that, I suppose.

Then there's that whole scene I have planned where the Omegas attack a bank, accidentally kill Element's grandmother, he uses the barrier Epic and wreaks havoc, killing the whole freedom team. Then he starts a horrible disease that infects plenty of Vanillas, yadda yadda, so on and so forth.

I'm rambling again :o

3 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah the cities heavy hitters would have to be in opposing factions for any significant risk to the city to happen, Soulcaster himself couldn't really do much to the city itself, upgraded or not, but he does have the ability to pretty much instantly shut down any Epic that starts trouble in the city, between Soulcaster and Showstopper Salem would be one of the safest cities from Epic attack. And while not fool-proof Sentry keeps a close enough eye on the city that any attempt to take it down by subterfuge or a more subtle sabotage would also be pretty doomed without a lot of plot convenience.

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Too true...

I mean, I have an idea for a new Epic that is basically similar to Upgrade, but instead of improving Epic powers, it just takes down barriers. For example:

My Epic, Element. If he were to be Upgraded then his Elementals would be a whole lot stronger. If the barriers were taken down however, the Elementals wouldn't change, but the number that could be summoned at any given time would increase. Something like that, I suppose.

Then there's that whole scene I have planned where the Omegas attack a bank, accidentally kill Element's grandmother, he uses the barrier Epic and wreaks havoc, killing the whole freedom team. Then he starts a horrible disease that infects plenty of Vanillas, yadda yadda, so on and so forth.

I'm rambling again :o

I'd be a bit cautious about introducing a meta-epic, especially another one that enhances other Epics in some way. They're a rare but very powerful breed and they can break a cities balance pretty easily. And if any ever showed up in Salem they would be recruited or killed very quickly.

Just now, Voidus said:

Yeah the cities heavy hitters would have to be in opposing factions for any significant risk to the city to happen, Soulcaster himself couldn't really do much to the city itself, upgraded or not, but he does have the ability to pretty much instantly shut down any Epic that starts trouble in the city, between Soulcaster and Showstopper Salem would be one of the safest cities from Epic attack. And while not fool-proof Sentry keeps a close enough eye on the city that any attempt to take it down by subterfuge or a more subtle sabotage would also be pretty doomed without a lot of plot convenience.

I'd be a bit cautious about introducing a meta-epic, especially another one that enhances other Epics in some way. They're a rare but very powerful breed and they can break a cities balance pretty easily. And if any ever showed up in Salem they would be recruited or killed very quickly.

What if the new meta epic and Upgrade both did their thing on each other? 

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

What if the new meta epic and Upgrade both did their thing on each other? 

The universe would break? :P
They don't exactly compound off of each other but it'd create some very strong effects, for instance Upgraded barrier breaker could probably rid Upgrade of his requirement to touch the things he's upgrading, or his time limit potentially, allowing for Upgrade to Upgrade multiple Epics at range.

Their combined abilities on other Epics would be even more terrifying.

Nighthound: Enslaves all of humanity and has his requirements for physical touch and that he can't turn Epics into Hounds removed.
Lightwards: Has no upper limit on zombies, can also resurrect over large distances. Instantly turns Oregon into Zombieland (Only with more dinosaurs)
Corpsemaker: Everyone in the state simultaneously dies.
Bioterror: See above
the Metal: See above, but also all the buildings get crushed.
Arsenal: Oregon is instantly filled with 5 million nukes that are then launched at every other country in the world.
Funtimes: The world is turned into one giant pancake, is able to directly transmute living flesh, all Epics are simultaneously turned into pugs.

7 minutes ago, Voidus said:

They don't exactly compound off of each other but it'd create some very strong effects, for instance Upgraded barrier breaker could probably rid Upgrade of his requirement to touch the things he's upgrading, or his time limit potentially, allowing for Upgrade to Upgrade multiple Epics at range.

Nighthound: Enslaves all of humanity and has his requirements for physical touch and that he can't turn Epics into Hounds removed.
Lightwards: Has no upper limit on zombies, can also resurrect over large distances. Instantly turns Oregon into Zombieland (Only with more dinosaurs)
Arsenal: Oregon is instantly filled with 5 million nukes that are then launched at every other country in the world.
Funtimes: The world is turned into one giant pancake, is able to directly transmute living flesh, all Epics are simultaneously turned into pugs.

This....

This is beautiful.

15 minutes ago, Voidus said:

This must happen. It MUST HAPPEN. Fun times for LITERAL GOD OF EVERYTHING. (And then Nighthound and Lightwards died forever and ever)

Just now, winter devotion said:

This must happen. It MUST HAPPEN. Fun times for LITERAL GOD OF EVERYTHING. (And then Nighthound and Lightwards died forever and ever)

She pretty much would be, she can manipulate matter both spatially and through its very makeup, with no limits or restrictions on her power she could turn the world into anything she wanted, only thing she lacks is information based powers so she wouldn't be all knowing but yeah she'd be nigh-omnipotent, she could turn the earth into a cookie, teleport it next to a black hole, then turn that black hole into a giant glass of milk to dip the cookie into.

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

This turned from pure nightmare fuel to the best memory ever pretty quickly. :P

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

She pretty much would be, she can manipulate matter both spatially and through its very makeup, with no limits or restrictions on her power she could turn the world into anything she wanted, only thing she lacks is information based powers so she wouldn't be all knowing but yeah she'd be nigh-omnipotent, she could turn the earth into a cookie, teleport it next to a black hole, then turn that black hole into a giant glass of milk to dip the cookie into.

That and unless she makes a habit of just automatically transform everything within a certain distance, she'd still lack an PI. So assassination might be possible.

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

It depends. What's your basic ideas for what city/faction and how do we prevent a OMGosh Barrier+Upgrade just made someone a god what do we do situation?

Well, my idea was for Salem. But I've already posted 2 intros in Salem and nobody else has added to it, so I can't really use it yet...

Errr, about the whole Barrier+Upgrade thing? I don't know. Maybe Barrier's weakness is very common or something.

54 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Well, my idea was for Salem. But I've already posted 2 intros in Salem and nobody else has added to it, so I can't really use it yet...

Errr, about the whole Barrier+Upgrade thing? I don't know. Maybe Barrier's weakness is very common or something.

Wait, have you already posted from Barrier's POV and stated his powers? Because that could be an issue? I'd recommend asking a more experienced RPer, but I've been doing this for a while. Sparks, I probably count as an experienced RPer.

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Wait, have you already posted from Barrier's POV and stated his powers? Because that could be an issue? I'd recommend asking a more experienced RPer, but I've been doing this for a while. Sparks, I probably count as an experienced RPer.

No no no, not from Barrier's POV, but two other characters, and, well, wouldn't it be kinda OTT if I did 3 intros at the same time?

Man, the Salem thread is dead (hey that rhymed!)

32 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No no no, not from Barrier's POV, but two other characters, and, well, wouldn't it be kinda OTT if I did 3 intros at the same time?

Man, the Salem thread is dead (hey that rhymed!)

They're all pretty dead. Don't try talking to me about The Wastelands lol.