Glyphs for Profiles

Awesomeness Summoned

That only has the 10 metals from the Final Empire... There are 23 metals by the end of the Alloy of Law. But the picture itself is great.

That is kind of the point.  Its a depiction of the Allomancy chart as it could have been during the Final Empire.

If you happen to have some free time, might I request something?

I'm working on an update to the Coppermind summary for Hero of Ages, and while the other two book summaries have a liberal splash of chapter icons, the wiki does not yet have a set of book 3 icons.

I am aware that the image linked is rather small, and that the spattered ink effects make for a very difficult trace, which is likely the reason no one has tackled it yet. But personally, I would be completely satisfied with a sharper, font-style rendition. Just something that captures the shapes enough to be recognized as the same lettering.

So if you'd be willing to give it a shot, that would be awesome. ;) Thanks for considering.

Being evil in game 5 of Sanderson Elimination has been occupying a lot of my free time lately so haven't been doing much work on new icon sets. Now that the game is wrapping up, I'll take a look at some of the recent suggestions.

If you happen to have some free time, might I request something?

I'm working on an update to the Coppermind summary for Hero of Ages, and while the other two book summaries have a liberal splash of chapter icons, the wiki does not yet have a set of book 3 icons.

I am aware that the image linked is rather small, and that the spattered ink effects make for a very difficult trace, which is likely the reason no one has tackled it yet. But personally, I would be completely satisfied with a sharper, font-style rendition. Just something that captures the shapes enough to be recognized as the same lettering.

So if you'd be willing to give it a shot, that would be awesome. ;) Thanks for considering.

Yes, the ink pattern makes replicating the MB3 icons accurately pretty difficult, especially with the size of the pictures it's pulling from. Someone recently emailed Isaac to see if he would provide some higher resolution versions but don't think we ever got a response on it. If an approximation rather than an exact copy is fine, I'll see about making an attempt the next time i need to clear my head with a side project.

Can you do the surges? their symbols are found here. http://coppermind.net/wiki/Surge

I've thought about doing the surges, but had troubles coming up with some kind of theme for each of the glyphs beyond the original pattern. It's kind of difficult to represent things like cohesion and they aren't associated with a specific color or gemstone. You have any suggestions for a general theme for them? Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

But personally, I would be completely satisfied with a sharper, font-style rendition. Just something that captures the shapes enough to be recognized as the same lettering.

Based on this, I decided to do a photo manipulation of the available versions of the symbols rather than remake them from scratch. I just blew them up and applied a few filters to refine the edges. It resulted in a sharper, jagged version but I think it still approximates the symbols pretty well. If any of the Wiki Admins think these are good enough, let me know and I'll upload the svg's.

The symbols are listed below in the same order they appear on the allomantic chart. Clicking on the image will download higher resolution png's.

MB3%20Iron%20Small.png MB3%20Steel%20Small.png MB3%20Tin%20Small.png MB3%20Pewter%20Small.png MB3%20Zinc%20Small.png MB3%20Brass%20Small.png MB3%20Copper%20Small.png  MB3%20Bronze%20Small.png  MB3%20Atium%20Small.png MB3%20Malatium%20Small.png MB3%20Gold%20Small.png MB3%20Electrum%20Small.png MB3%20Chromium%20Small.png MB3%20Nicrosil%20Small.png MB3%20Aluminum%20Small.png MB3%20Duralumin%20Small.png MB3%20Cadmium%20Small.png MB3%20Bendalloy%20Small.png MB3%20Unknown%201%20Small.png MB3%20Unknown%202%20Small.png MB3%20Unknown%203%20Small.png MB3%20Unknown%204%20Small.png MB3%20Lerasium%20Small.png

Thank you for uploading them to the Coppermind. would you mind re-uploading the 0 symbol as a svg? Thank you so much for your effort in making symbols for us, your work is so great :D

Whoops! Didn't notice I had uploaded the png version. Can you delete that version for me? I don't have the ability to delete files and it won't let me upload the svg version with a similar name (and I don't want to have to change it's name since it matches the other 0 symbols).

Or, HERE is the file if you want to upload it yourself

I love the Axehound. Could you do a Chasmfiend or a Whitespine?

I had actually done some work on a whitespine a page or two back but didn't feel like it worked all that well when scaled down to an icon. I went ahead and threw an icon together based on it though if you want it.

Whitespine_Icon.jpg

Here is a chasmfiend head that I put together but I'm not all that happy with it.

Chasmfiend_Head_Icon.jpg

I'll maybe make another attempt at the chasmfiend another time.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm so totally stealing that engraved sapphire one! I love both the colour of the gem and the shape of the glyph! A-and it is totally not because I am a Kaladin fangirl or anything, because I'm not, how could you even suggest such a thing?  :o I'm truly shocked!  ;) 

And thanks for the nice icons, have an upvote!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking, there is nothing against having the same avatar with other people, right?

And, LOL the poster above me pick the same icon.

I've thought about doing the surges, but had troubles coming up with some kind of theme for each of the glyphs beyond the original pattern. It's kind of difficult to represent things like cohesion and they aren't associated with a specific color or gemstone. You have any suggestions for a general theme for them?

How about using the both colors of its associated Orders?

Edited by Argent Solbright

How about using the both colors of its associated Orders?

That's a good thought. Either swirled together with colliding hurricaney violence, or with one as the glyph color and the other as background stormlight glow misting off of it.

(Haha! My phone auto corrected Stormlight to "storming." I'm going to have to be careful of inadvertent swearing when using the mobile site.) :-)

I decided to show love for some non cosmere works and Rithmatist seemed like the best choice. I mean, who doesn't love chalklings? I took the chapter headings, removed the numbers, and filled in the resulting gaps to end up with these chalklings. I tried to get rid of the circle too but it looked strange because most of the chalklings were actually drawn with the circle as part of the design so I left it on there.

Question for the wiki moderators: would you want the SVG files uploaded on the coppermind for the chalklings section? I also have the original chapter headings isolated as jpgs. Would you want those uploaded and used for each chapter of The Rithmatist Summary page?

The images themselves are png's sized to work as profile icons. Clicking on one will allow you to download a stylized SVG vector I made for each.

chalkling_assassin.png chalkling_bat.png chalkling_bear.png chalkling_bull.png chalkling_centipede.png chalkling_death.png chalkling_thug.png chalkling_dragon.png chalkling_eagle.png chalkling_farmer.png chalkling_flytrap.png chalkling_gator.png chalkling_gear.png chalkling_gladiator.png chalkling_hunter.png chalkling_hydra.png chalkling_jaguar.png chalkling_knight.png chalkling_mantis.png chalkling_octopus.png chalkling_pegasus.png chalkling_raptor.png chalkling_rook.png chalkling_serpent.png chalkling_shark.png chalkling_shiva.png chalkling_turtle.png

Is that last one a Chull?