Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

1 hour ago, Cognizantastic said:

3 girls were pointing at me and talking in homeroom. I took out my headphones and raised an eyebrow. They said, "We're trying to see the color of your aura. I think it's yellow."

The eyebrow lowered and I returned to my work. Girls aren't interested in me... until they want to read auras. :P 

What is an aura, and how do I get one? :ph34r:

I just spent a few hours grinding my way through Steins;Gate endings. Hurray for save scumming!. even if I am left a little disappointed in some of the endings. 

(Though that'll teach me for projecting my beliefs of what a story means in the future I suppose :P)

7 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

*adds to ever growing list of things to watch*

Eh. Lyrics aren't that hard for me. It's coming up with a melody that's hard. 
But then, I've only written full 1 song. I've also done an incomplete verse+chorus combo and the beginnings of another, which is really just 2 lines.
I came to a realization the other day that there aren't many tunes that haven't already been sung. There aren't many stories that haven't already been told. It was kinda depressing, actually.

7 hours ago, bleeder said:

I had the same realization, but with chord progressions.

There's a little story about the composer Brahms that I think would be appropriate here.

One day, Brahms was walking along a beach with a friend.
The friend complained that all good music had already been written.
Brahms pointed out to sea and replied: "Oh look! There's the last wave ever."

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

3 girls were pointing at me and talking in homeroom. I took out my headphones and raised an eyebrow. They said, "We're trying to see the color of your aura. I think it's yellow."

The eyebrow lowered and I returned to my work. Girls aren't interested in me... until they want to read auras. :P 

Ah yes yellow aura. Relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going.

8 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

What the hell. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The High School Girl is a strange creature. Do not question its ways. :P

This is good advice. They are strange. They'll stare at you in chorus like they want to say something but they'll never... talk... to... you...

3 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

My reaction exactly. Afterschool, one of them came up to me and started talking about auras and whether I agreed that mine was yellow. I explained that I didn't think it was yellow because auras aren't real, then briefly elaborated upon why their existence is highly unlikely when she kept pressing it.

I was then called "Dwight", as in the obnoxious Dwight Schrute from The Office.

"Strange creature" indeed, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles...

High school girls, man. Weird things.

56 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

This is good advice. They are strange. They'll stare at you in chorus like they want to say something but they'll never... talk... to... you...

High school girls, man. Weird things.

At a guess, they want to say hi but haven't quite worked up the courage. 

I dare you to go up to them next time and say hi. Should be interesting :P

5 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

My reaction exactly. Afterschool, one of them came up to me and started talking about auras and whether I agreed that mine was yellow. I explained that I didn't think it was yellow because auras aren't real, then briefly elaborated upon why their existence is highly unlikely when she kept pressing it.

You should've insisted that your aura does not have any color itself and that it strenghtens colours around you.

I have an idea for Awakeners...

So...There's a time travel story I've been batting around for a while.

A traditional time loop tale; dude gets trapped in a time loop, does the same day over and over again. But the story would be told from the perspective of those who weren't aware of the loop.

So, every chapter starts the same...but one of the supporting characters, the Observer of the loops? He's the guy who notices what's going on.

Each chapter is a reset to the start, but each chapter plays out with the butterfly effect changing the specifics. So, the reader can see how complicated the world around the characters is, and can see all the plots and machinations going on at the edges, even when the characters can't.

And that supporting character, the Observer? The readers see him grow more detached and disillusioned with each loop, while the characters themselves just comment on how strange he's acting today.

25 minutes ago, Quiver said:

A traditional time loop tale; dude gets trapped in a time loop, does the same day over and over again. But the story would be told from the perspective of those who weren't aware of the loop.

Like, every day is a different alternate universe, exactly the same except a day behind the last? That's my take on Groundhog Day.

25 minutes ago, Quiver said:

So, every chapter starts the same...but one of the supporting characters, the Observer of the loops? He's the guy who notices what's going on.

Each chapter is a reset to the start, but each chapter plays out with the butterfly effect changing the specifics. So, the reader can see how complicated the world around the characters is, and can see all the plots and machinations going on at the edges, even when the characters can't.

And that supporting character, the Observer? The readers see him grow more detached and disillusioned with each loop, while the characters themselves just comment on how strange he's acting today.

This is really interesting. I'd love to see this play out. 

Just now, bleeder said:

Like, every day is a different alternate universe, exactly the same except a day behind the last? That's my take on Groundhog Day.

This is really interesting. I'd love to see this play out. 

I don't know if I'd be able to do the concept justice...but Steins;Gate has reignited that old idea, so...

I dunno. 

Just now, The Honor Spren said:

To people who have experienced snowstorms before: My brother and I would like to know if snow-thunderstorms are a thing.

According to Enterprise, yes.

On the other hand, that is according to Enterprise, commonly considered the worst Trek. So...

3 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Don't let the brain weasels get you down, Quiv. You can do it.

I have a brain menagerie. 

20 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

To people who have experienced snowstorms before: My brother and I would like to know if snow-thunderstorms are a thing.

I haven't experienced one, but they are possible but unlikely. Thunderstorms happen because differences in air temperature and pressure in the storm system cause separation of electrical charges. The cold and generally dry air of most snowstorms do not separate the charges anywhere near so well. It takes a much larger storm to create the difference in electrical potential. Source: Yahoo Answers

27 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

No, but the thousands upon thousands of tiny ice daggers being sandblasted into your eyes can make you wish a good lightning bolt would put you out of your misery.

I just realised what the biggest problem with Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad is:

They retroactively cheapen Man of Steel.

Now... I actually kind if like Dawn of Justice. I kind of like Man of Steel, though I feel it is a very flawed movie that could have used better editing to get its story across...and yes, I want some story points changed.

But Man of Steel had a great high concept; Superman movie as first contact. Dawn of Justice fed off that, by presenting the emergency of Superman as the biggest cultural shift in human history...

But the inclusion of Wonder Woman, Batman, the Joker, the Enchantress? They cheapen Superman. He isn't the herald of a new age, the Man of Tomorrow. He's just the latest -the last, in fact- in a long line of stuff.

3 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

3 hours ago, Seonid said:

I haven't experienced one, but they are possible but unlikely. Thunderstorms happen because differences in air temperature and pressure in the storm system cause separation of electrical charges. The cold and generally dry air of most snowstorms do not separate the charges anywhere near so well. It takes a much larger storm to create the difference in electrical potential. Source: Yahoo Answers

Thundersnow is rare, but it does happen.  It usually has to be a pretty intense storm, often in the blizzard range, and would happen on the warmer range of snowstorms (which again, is where blizzards usually fall).

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Thundersnow is rare, but it does happen.  It usually has to be a pretty intense storm, often in the blizzard range, and would happen on the warmer range of snowstorms (which again, is where blizzards usually fall).

Thundersnow... adding that to the long list of hypothetical thrash metal bands I could form if I even remotely liked thrash metal.

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

Haruhi Suzumiya viewers know that as the "Endless Eight" arc.